I met another INFJ. | INFJ Forum

I met another INFJ.

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
I'm noticing a really funny pattern, and had to share this.

Okay, my real life friends (the non-INFJs) have been making fun of me lately for talking about my various personality systems, like totem animals, astrology, and most importantly the Myers Briggs stuff to people when I meet them. They're under the impression that it makes me seem weird and off putting because I want to talk to these people about themselves through metaphors they don't really understand... and I can be rather focused when I do it. They've gotten to the point where they do mocking versions of how I talk to people when I meet them (which are actually kinda funny).

I met this girl the other night, and we started talking, unable to take our eyes off of each other. We didn't talk long before she had to leave. My friends immedietely started laughing about how I didn't get the chance to hit her with all my wierd isms.

Last night, I met her again, and the first things she starts talking about is totems, then astrology, then asks me if I've ever taken the Myers Briggs test. I can't make this up. She hit every single personality system I use without knowing that I use them. My friends were slackjawed. I just laughed because that's just how we are.

Haha! That's awesome. That's how you know... just start talking about the most obscure "out there" stuff, and if they look at you very seriously and enthralled... infj!

Happy for yah bud :)

Cool.

I have yet to meet anyone who has brought MBTI (or any personality theory and system) up, but that'd be cool for a change to hear about it.

Because... I usually bring it up.

Great story! I have yet to meet someone who would bring it up first. I'm going to a bonfire tonight. I'm going to put my MBTI weirdness out there and see what I catch! Sounds great for you E! Glad to hear it!

Reactions: dneecey