I met an INFJ. She's amazing. We've had some great talks. I don't want to ruin this. All input w | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

I met an INFJ. She's amazing. We've had some great talks. I don't want to ruin this. All input w

Well, I know I withdraw from people when I am happy because it's kind of like that feeling when you have a secret. You want it to be all yours, so you don't want to share it. Then, also, you don't want people interrupting your "happy high" in any way. Plus, when you can be detached from others when you're happy, you can think about it and dream/contemplate/analyze/get over it/whatever. Does that make sense?

It may not mean she's not interested. It may mean she has plans. On the other hand, she may feel like you are being too pushy at friendship, let alone a relationship. I'd know something was up if you were constantly showing up at my events or inviting me to things if I had basically just met you.

Hope this helps!
I understand what you mean! An example from my life would be favorite shows haha. My family wants to watch them together. Guess what, they talk and laugh and cough and sniff and chew and rustle and all I can focus on is the noise in the background. I want to get lost in the show, so I watch my favorites alone.

Regarding pushiness, I sincerely hope she doesn't view it this way. I've really made a concerted effort to be present but not ever-present. Me inviting her to a hiking trip is my way of saying "I want to get to know you better in a group setting so you feel safe doing something fun and memorable." She'd expressed interest in the outdoors before I ever mentioned it which is why I mentioned it.

lol, unfortunately no one has accepted the facebook event. Good job everyone. Thanks for saying "I LOVE HIKING" then ignoring my amazing trip. <..< I mean, for realz, how can you even resist this? (Yes, I'm using your obscure allusion to the hiking trip invite to share my photography lol)
37239_531889778272_181101323_31320703_4384065_n.jpg

37239_531889808212_181101323_31320708_3588980_n.jpg

37239_531889828172_181101323_31320712_6262308_n.jpg

37239_531889818192_181101323_31320710_6987134_n.jpg3

37239_531889833162_181101323_31320713_1291760_n.jpg

37239_531889863102_181101323_31320719_372033_n.jpg

37239_531889873082_181101323_31320721_6826517_n.jpg

37239_531889878072_181101323_31320722_954834_n.jpg

37239_531889883062_181101323_31320723_1211158_n.jpg

37239_531889913002_181101323_31320729_4254755_n.jpg

37989_533611807312_181101323_31381317_6182903_n.jpg

38781_533611667592_181101323_31381289_8288816_n.jpg

That's right, you can't. ...because it's awesome.

In your case I would just call her and invite personally. Just the two of us:) facebook is terrible for organizing events.

Of course it's easy for me to say since I wouldn't care too much if she refused.

In your case I would just call her and invite personally. Just the two of us:) facebook is terrible for organizing events.

Of course it's easy for me to say since I wouldn't care too much if she refused.
Seriously INFJ man? lol. You have to know I'd get the REJECTED stamp on my forehead if I pulled one like that. 1on1 6-hour hike 2 hours away has to set off her mental rape whistle.

Heck, I'd LOVE it, but you're assuming she likes me and knows she likes me.

Yeah haha I'm an INFJ and while the IDEA of going on a 1-on-1 trip sounds awesome to me, in practice I know it will be extremely uncomfortable unless I know and really really like the person I am going with really well already.

I think I am convinced that the best way to get to know an INFJ and be great friends (and something more) is to be thoughtful towards them and include them in group situations. I love being in groups, because I get to be around people but yet at the same time the spotlight isn't on me the entire time so I don't feel as drained. This lets me have more fun to myself and allows me to enjoy myself more. Especially since the best parts of my personality (IMO) shine through when I feel goofy in a group and it doesn't really "matter" what I say or do.

Of course again, I see 1-on-1 powerful moments as a very high ideal to shoot for, but I don't have very good experience with them and it makes me much more uncomfortable and insecure easier than being social in a group does.

Seriously INFJ man? lol. You have to know I'd get the REJECTED stamp on my forehead if I pulled one like that. 1on1 6-hour hike 2 hours away has to set off her mental rape whistle.

Those pictures you posted make me want to go hiking. Bring a chaperone. I'll be the chaperone!

wow those pictures are awesome. Screw your fb friends, invite us instead :m200:

You want to ask her for a friendly hiking trip and not a romantic date so why should she reject you? She also knows you're a part of church community etc. therefore she has some social proof that you're not a rapist (that really should not be an issue unless she has had some traumatic experience in her past).

The things that can cause her to refuse are:
- too long duration of a trip. Can be adjusted.
- she has other plans for that time. You can move to another day.
- she does not like your company. Not much to do here but the sooner you'll find out the better for you.

So, yeah, seriously - ask her ;)

EDIT: another idea to soften the situation - explain to her that none of your friends want to go and ask maybe she wants to bring someone along. If she likes you she'll go alone, if she's cautious then you'll have some company.

Last edited:
I don't understand this thread...

Please tell me, why is it so important to you? This human contact? I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who wished to connect with me on such a level, what are the benefits if any?

Thanks for the kind words about the photography. Anyone live in Tennessee? :p

EDIT: another idea to soften the situation - explain to her that none of your friends want to go and ask maybe she wants to bring someone along. If she likes you she'll go alone, if she's cautious then you'll have some company.
Now that is a solid idea.

I don't understand this thread...

Please tell me, why is it so important to you? This human contact? I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who wished to connect with me on such a level, what are the benefits if any?
Why would I ever want to be in an intimate relationship with a fantastic person? That's crazy.

Last edited:
Why would I ever want to be in an intimate relationship with a fantastic person? That's crazy.

Heh, I tend to think that is just infatuation and a highly idolizing view of the person.

Oh well, it'll feel nice until the oxytocin wears out.

Heh, I tend to think that is just infatuation and a highly idolizing view of the person.

Oh well, it'll feel nice until the oxytocin wears out.
lol, you're all a bunch of debby downers :p Love isn't just about the chemical high. It grows and changes but that's not a reason to avoid it. I look forward to all of it, including the challenges.

lol, you're all a bunch of debby downers :p Love isn't just about the chemical high. It grows and changes but that's not a reason to avoid it. I look forward to all of it, including the challenges.

Is it really love, of just a passing fascination is the question. ;p

I feel as though this thread is very repetitive of all of us.

He's going to do what he's going to do.
I'm not sure our input necessarily matters
anymore at this point.

I'm just thinking aloud now; feel free to negative rep me for somehow being a bitch!

Is it really love, of just a passing fascination is the question. ;p
I'm not claiming to love her. I'd be a fool to say I love her at this point; I'm still getting to know her. The point is, I recognize qualities in her which convince me that I could love her romantically if given the opportunity. Also, true love isn't a feeling, it's a choice. Yes, it starts with excitement and endorphins and all that, but that's not how love plays out. If I'm being stubborn and she overlooks it and forgives me without me even apologizing, that's love (not that I'd be like that :p). When she needs me to do maintenance on the house after the worst day of work I've had in weeks and I do it without complaining, that's love. When my future children are entitled and stubborn and have no idea how hard I work for them, but I keep doing it, that's love :). It took me far too long to appreciate my parents for what they've done for me.

Love is much moreso a choice and an action than a feeling. Please see Lust
I feel as though this thread is very repetitive of all of us.

He's going to do what he's going to do.
I'm not sure our input necessarily matters
anymore at this point.

I'm just thinking aloud now; feel free to negative rep me for somehow being a bitch!
As much as I like talking with you all, and I really do, there's no new information. I haven't even seen her again since this thread started. You're all welcome to post or not post at your leisure :p I really do value your input.

Last edited:
For the love of God will you please ask this chick out or fess up to your feelings?? :p

For the love of God will you please ask this chick out or fess up to your feelings?? :p
I feel like everyone's starting to freak out lol. BE COOL Fs BE COOL. I'M TAKING IT SLOW. I KNOW IT PROBABLY WON'T WORK OUT, BUT I LIKE TO STAY POSITIVE

:m142:

Reactions: middle1
No Bird, you're quite right.

Support is perhaps nice to have, but it rarely affects ones decisions on such things.

Yes, Peppermint is right, I think she is well suited to understand such a situation.
Though Sesquip as an INFJ is likely to have alternative feelings on the subject of love, so I'm not going to simply assume he's wrong...

I feel like everyone's starting to freak out lol. BE COOL Fs BE COOL. I'M TAKING IT SLOW. I KNOW IT PROBABLY WON'T WORK OUT, BUT I LIKE TO STAY POSITIVE

:m142:

I don't think we can offer much more...the ball is in your court, make your move.

I thought you all might want an update ^_^.

Since I last posted I had the opportunity to see her dance in Swan Lake, met and ate dinner with her parents, and, tonight, got to sing with her (along with a lot of other people) for an album my church is putting out (I live in Nashville - there's a lot of creativity here and many of the songs we sing are original, so they record them every so often.)

Tonight was awesome! Beautiful singing. Anyway, I was going to ask her to dinner in person, but another guy, who I think likes her, was there. I thought about asking but figured it'd be more embarrassing for her.

A few minutes after I drove away I gave her a call.

Me: "Hey, I didn't want to embarrass you in front of David, but I'd love to take you to dinner this week."
Her: "Hm... I'm not sure, I'll have to check and let you know." (she is genuinely busy, so I didn't want there to be any doubt as to my intentions or hers)
Me: "Well, I don't want to make things awkward, but I'd really like to get to know you better; I think you're a spectacular girl."
Her: "*pause* I uh... I... Can I think about it and call you back?" *whispers something*
Me: "*laughs* of course you can. And hey, if you're not on the same page as me, I totally understand, no worries, I'd just love the opportunity to get to know you better."
Her: "I.. can I call you back?"
Me: "Of course you can. Call or text me. Whatever is fine. Well, I'll let you go. Have a great night!"
Her: "G'night."
*I hang up*

Well, she didn't see that coming haha. Could've gone a lot better - I think it's safe to say she's not particularly interested, or at least didn't think of me in that way. Honestly, it feels good to just have my intentions out there. I guess I can expect a lot of avoidance or an awkward turn-down text in the future.

Time to salvage the friendship!

EDIT: Woah! She actually called me back. She clarified that she wasn't good with talking on the phone while she was driving and asked if I meant a date. I let her know that if that's not she wanted then not to worry about it. She said that, because she's not sure how long she'll be here (with her dancing), she doesn't want to get in a relationship right now. However, she made it clear that she definitely wants to keep getting to know me. I thanked her for actually calling - for being so transparent - that it just confirms what I already thought of her. She thanked me for being transparent as well. We wished each other goodnight.

...and she's still coming on the hike! :) I just feel better you guys. Now she knows, our friendship is intact. And heck, I might've planted an idea in her head that'll get her thinking about me (I guess I'm a hopeless optimist).

Good times INFJs. You're a lovely bunch. I've never known anyone handle such a delicate situation with such grace.

Last edited:
Yay! That's awesome ^^