that faith brings me joy,
and with joy comes hope

that life is an adventure
to be embraced with courage

that I am never alone,
I am mother, daughter, sister, friend and teacher

that I am loved in spite of,
and often because of, who I am.

All of this I have learned and with it I look to the future and all the wonders in store for me!

I wrote this in 2005 after a very painful divorce and a very enlightening recovery from the pain.

Reactions: Jexocuha
its encouraging... i like it.... t'j'aime, mon chere...

That was wonderful. I commend your writing skills.

Do you publish?

Beautiful, really.

Wow CokeNut, that’s gorgeous.

Got any more?

Thank you :D

I do not publish, but maybe someday - I've never really thought of it. I do have more, but not too many that I share; I get really emotional (there's a suprise!) when I write and so a lot of what I put on paper becomes really personal. I will try to find something else post worthy ;)

There is also the problem that a lot of what I write is in Spanish, like the one I put on the Spanish forum.

Dear Lord, hear this prayer
The words of a lonesome heart

Dear Lord, head the cries
of a humble soul torn apart

What is it within me that I fail to understand?
Why is it that I fall, and yet I stand?

Am I cursed to be alone?
Or am I waiting to be born?

Please send me a sign, just lead the way
to a brighter future without pain and dismay!

I wrote this in 2004, two days after walking out on an eight year relationship that left me devastated. After a while and with the help of wonderful friends that never left my side and called me daily to make sure I was ok, I recovered and wrote the first piece I posted on this thread. I guess this is the prequel.

:shock: :shock: :cool: :shock: :shock:

You have to submit that to a magazine, an editor, or something to that effect. HAVE TO.

I got goosebumps. You are very gifted.

*sigh*

:)

Keep 'em coming...

thanks! but in cruising (or trolling?) the board recently I came across works by others and they were way better than anything I can come up with, especially not on the spot, lol!

I think what is attractive to you is that when I do write I am usually in some sort of emotional frenzy and I write exactly what I am feeling and thinking, so its a more 'real' piece than something made up for the sake of writing. Usually these poems are part of my journal ... I can copy some journal entries that might make you tear up ... maybe I will start a faux-blog on this forum ... maybe not, ESTP rambilngs can be confusing and very scary ;)