I HATE SANCTIONS! | INFJ Forum

I HATE SANCTIONS!

SarahBS

Permanent Fixture
Apr 10, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
I have tried a lot of things to be able to leave my country, which most of you know is Iran, it could be called migrations cuz I don't think I'd like to come back if I ever could leave!

It's been a year and I have tried a lot of things. After a year I realized I need money first, I saw it whatever I wanted to do, how can a teacher make such money? I don't even have my family's support.

Freelancing was a really good idea cuz I can translate English to Persian and it could help, but guess what? We cannot do freelancing due to stupid sanctions, I don't know if I can continue my online TESOL course due to the stupid sanctions, I cannot visit a lot of educational website, like Khan Academy and I need a VPN due to stupid sanctions.

I tried 3 times to register on UpWork and I got this today:

Hello Sarah:

We notice you’re located in Iran, Islamic Republic of, a country sanctioned by the U.S. government.

Unfortunately because of U.S Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) laws, we’re required to suspend your account. We also can’t allow you to work under a different Upwork account or re-register with a new account. Any such accounts will be suspended. Upwork is a U.S based company and must fully comply with U.S law.

We understand the difficulties this may cause, and apologize. If you re-locate to a non-sanctioned country we’ll be more than happy to reactivate your account. To do so contact us to complete the following steps (you will not be able to complete these steps until you contact us):

1) Log into your Upwork account from a non-sanctioned country (be sure your IP address is not blocked or changed – if a proxy, anonymizer, VPN or any other masking/blocking device is detected we won’t be able to review your account).

2) ID Verify your account using the secure link we will provide to you. Do not submit your ID documents on this ticket, as it is not secure.

Once this happens, we’ll quickly review your account and work to get you reactivated.

Thank You,
The Upwork Team

I hate politics. people here say it's not a good thing to hate religion, but God! I hate religions! I hate them because they truly are the reasons of every single war, poverty and sanctions in particular.

Last edited:
Reactions: Free
Did you know that :

If we, Iranians, want to get a visa to go to England, we need :

- 50M Rial which is 15K$ in our bank account?
- a house under our name?
- a good travelling history?

I can't say I hate those who set those rules, cuz I hate my government more!

Reactions: invisible
[MENTION=13542]SarahBS[/MENTION] I feel very much for the many Iranian people in your country who would like better lives. Iran government has been horribly oppressive to so many in your country. I am glad there are many young people like you who will hopefully somehow make Iran into a more free place. Because of the ongoing cyber attacks between Iran and other countries, I can understand sanctions regarding use of online resources. Sadly, such sanctions also act to punish the very people (like yourself) who have only good intentions. It is very sad that your attempts to go further in your education are being hampered this way.

[MENTION=13730]PintoBean[/MENTION] Thanks <3

Many young people , including me, don't wanna make any change anymore since a lot of young people who do end up in prison!
Basically a lot of people are migrating, this is a lost country ... corrupt in every possible way!

For instance, I tried to make changes in educational system and still do, till I'm here; but well, I quit the job after 5 years cuz the only thing they didn't think about was education!

It's getting harder and harder to live here.

[MENTION=13730]PintoBean[/MENTION] Thanks <3

Many young people , including me, don't wanna make any change anymore since a lot of young people who do end up in prison!
Basically a lot of people are migrating, this is a lost country ... corrupt in every possible way!

For instance, I tried to make changes in educational system and still do, till I'm here; but well, I quit the job after 5 years cuz the only thing they didn't think about was education!

It's getting harder and harder to live here.

I totally understand. I am just saying I commend the young people in Iran who tried to make it better, including you. I sincerely hope you can get out of there and have the free life you deserve. It is truly tragic what the government there has done to people.

Its sad when a nations people are punished because of their governments actions.

I'm so sorry, [MENTION=1941]sara[/MENTION]BS.
I know a few Iranian artists who moved to Turkey. This is not what you want, but could moving somewhere else first help you get where you would prefer to live (such as the US, or the UK)?

Reactions: Free and invisible
Blimey. I couldn't imagine how oppressive that'd be. It makes me appreciate the freedoms I have. I hope it all works out for you!

I'm so sorry, @saraBS.
I know a few Iranian artists who moved to Turkey. This is not what you want, but could moving somewhere else first help you get where you would prefer to live (such as the US, or the UK)?

This is pretty interesting. I'm not completely sure because I'm usually living in my own little world, but I think I've been hearing a few good things about Turkey lately? I'm aware that it is an OECD nation. How do your artist friends like it there?

This is pretty interesting. I'm not completely sure because I'm usually living in my own little world, but I think I've been hearing a few good things about Turkey lately? I'm aware that it is an OECD nation. How do your artist friends like it there?
They do political art, so they thrive in Turkey and would not have thrived at all in Iran. They seem happy.

Reactions: invisible
[MENTION=14092]Asa[/MENTION] because i don't have enough money, i should go somewhere where education is free, cant afford university fees.
Germany is kinda the only country i'm able to go but still i need to have 40M T in my bank account which takes 2 years for me to save up.(10,000 Euros)

Although there are some other things happening in my life and i hopefully dont have to wait that long. :)

I have just done a project on another website, my first project and i'm proud of it.
UpWork? your loss! :m145:

Reactions: Sniper73
That's a terrible injustice you have described. Continue to be strong and never ever give up. I think you are the gem as described and the other things (poverty and sanctions) just dust.

If a gem falls in the mud it still has value.
If dust ascends to heaven it remains valueless

Saadi of Shriaz

[MENTION=14199]brightmoon[/MENTION] wow, where do u know an Iranian poem from??? coooooool

and thanks for your kind words :)

Its sad when a nations people are punished because of their governments actions.

Don't forget the parts America and the west have played.. Mr Selective Memory.

If I were you Sarah, I'd leave Iran too, but I wouldn't travel to the countries which wish to destroy your home nation either.

They don't deserve you.

Don't forget the parts America and the west have played.. Mr Selective Memory.

If I were you Sarah, I'd leave Iran too, but I wouldn't travel to the countries which wish to destroy your home nation either.

They don't deserve you.

You have an incredibly small mind.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] & [MENTION=14074]Sinny[/MENTION] Thanks for your concerns and I know you just mean good, but please don't ruin the thread.
Thank you very much.
[MENTION=14074]Sinny[/MENTION] well, it's a two-sided reaction so ...
I don't think that way, but anyway I'm aiming for Germany, maybe England so.... :)

@brightmoon wow, where do u know an Iranian poem from??? coooooool

and thanks for your kind words

I am interested in Sufism and familiar with the works of a man called Idries Shah, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idries_Shah an Afghan and translator of many texts into English. I have also other works including Rumi and others. I do not read Persian or Arabic but find the works even in translation beautiful and profound.

You are most welcome.

Reactions: SarahBS