I can't decide if this is sad or funny... | INFJ Forum

I can't decide if this is sad or funny...

The part about him possibly "turning gay" because his dad wasn't there was kind of interesting...

I think it's a good simple book to learn what sexual abuse might be.

The part about him possibly "turning gay" because his dad wasn't there was kind of interesting...

I think it's a good simple book to learn what sexual abuse might be.

Um. Not to be rude, but I can't possibly see how this book could be used as a example for sexual abuse without the overbearing theme of "Homosexuality is bad"

Edit: Actually, I made a logical jump. The comment doesn't state that.

Last edited:
So we are chalking up homosexuality in men to lack of attention from their fathers and molestation. Right, cause that makes complete sense. So how do we explain homosexual women? oh and what about the bisexuals?

Yeah I am going to go with this is just sad.

So we are chalking up homosexuality in men to lack of attention from their fathers and molestation. Right, cause that makes complete sense. So how do we explain homosexual women? oh and what about the bisexuals?

Yeah I am going to go with this is just sad.

For women, I assume they got ignored my mom and molested by Aunt Jane. For bisexuals? Got ignored by both parents and was molested by a transvestite. Where'd the transvestite come from? I don't know, it's the proverbial chicken and the egg thing.

I find the narrow minded simplicity of that book rather disturbing.

*Hug*

Your uncle made you touch your dangleberries and now you think you are gay?
It's okay. You can fight it. You just need to talk with your dad.

Thanks Shai. I knew you would understand.

I can understand the implications of how someone who had been molested by a male when they were younger might think they were gay but discover that they actually weren't, and that it was the abuse.

But that doesn't mean all boys/girls who are molested as children were 'tricked' into believing they were gay. Some are actually gay, some aren't. A film that depicts this really well:

"Mysterious Skin"

That pretty well explains the typical fundie attitude that one encounters.

This sounds familiar, too: you know how Christians often argue that there is no such thing as an atheist? This book you linked basically argues that there is no such thing as a gay person. I still don't understand how the "you don't really exist" argument is supposed to be a coup de grace, but... whatever works, right?

And they got mad over the "Sarah got two Mommies" or whatever it's called.

:m095:
I give up on trying not to judge. That was incomprehensibly stupid there is no way I can understand the mentality behind that.

What the fuck.

I am honestly dumb founded.

Last edited:
"Daddy, why are those two men holding hands?"

"Well son, when they were your age, they were victims of a sexual attack. Male figures in their lives shoved rock hard boners straight up their poopers, traumatizing them for life, and ruining their childhoods. Unfortunately, this terrible event led these people to believe that sexual pleasure was gained through intimate interaction with another man."

"But daddy, that's horrible!"

"Exactly son! That's why our eternal lord is allowing them to burn in hell forever for being victims of heinous crimes and reacting accordingly. Praise the lord!"

Seems legit.

Reactions: Satya
It's funny. An ex-gay man came to our school to speak last year about how he turned straight with the love of God... It was sponsored by the Christian group InterVarsity... I had to write an article for my journalism class, so I went.

He said due to being molested and believing all women are shrews (cues taken from his mother and sisters) he chose to love men. Long story short, with the aid of a bible, a religious sister, several relapses, a few liberal Protestants in Cali, and a date with a woman who let him make the decisions for once, he finds himself straight.

Was he actually gay before he was straight? He expressed feeling a deep love and sexual attraction for the men he was with despite a nagging feeling of guilt (brought on by his bible thumping sister). Is he actually straight now? I got tired of listening to the crowd drag him through the muck. And the conversation wasn't going anywhere, anyway.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for ex gays. They are quite literally between a rock and a hard place.

On the other hand, ex gays can make some serious coin as speakers and counselors, so maybe I should become one.

I feel sorry for ex gays. They are quite literally between a rock and a hard place.

On the other hand, ex gays can make some serious coin as speakers and counselors, so maybe I should become one.

Cha-ching! $$$$$$

All you need is to find God/Jesus (or pretend you have), a woman (she can be in on it if necessary), and an agent to book some speaking engagements.

Cha-ching! $$$$$$

All you need is to find God/Jesus (or pretend you have), a woman (she can be in on it if necessary), and an agent to book some speaking engagements.

Can I hit pillows with tennis rackets, write a book that inspires anti gay laws in Uganda, appear on national television to spread my unscientifically verified therapies; all while charging copious amounts of money to hear how I was saved from becoming an abomination?