Hunger in Niger | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Hunger in Niger

Last edited:
Definitely something to look into, now just to motivate the governments to actually fund such a thing. The first few years would probably be incredibly tense and see a number of skirmishes or even possibly wars. Once the continent was settled though it could be a beginning source to snowballing the continent into a more "modernized" way of living.
Government attaches a lot of strings, I think such a project might be best accomplished by a coalition of philanthropists. Not only would each individual involved probably be assertive enough to be able to maneuver and bargain to try and achieve win/wins for everyone, cutting out the bureaucratic crap, (especially keeping in mind first party spending is far more efficient than third party) but cutting out groups like the afore mentioned bank as much as possible would probably be vital.

Government involvement of course still would be very important in a lot of ways, but government funding is probably not a good route if it could be avoided. Now granted, this sounds impractical as I don't really know of any such coalition that would be willing to put in the focused effort to take on a project like the one we were talking about, I would only hope that if we as a society collectively decided to take an action or a position, that it would be something more akin to this.