Humor me :) What's my type? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Humor me :) What's my type?

So haven't done this in a while but I'm curious about how someone would type me today based on observations, especially newer members.

I've identified as INFP for a while, but when I was typed in MBTI expert, they were certain I was INTP. How someone comes across in person vs. online can make a huge difference in how they're typed. There's someone here on the forum who I've been chatting with by phone, and this person said they didn't see me as an INFP, and this is someone who has been a long time forum member.

So, just curious about your thoughts, and if you could give examples of how you came up with your answer if you see me as a particular type.

Disclaimer: People in the past have gotten annoyed about me questioning my type since I was supposed to not care anymore or just "accept" that I'm INFP. Please don't go there. It's fun to question type once in a while, and I see it as a chance for learning and discovery, not to paint myself in a box. So, please don't respond negatively to this thread. It's also not a cry for attention, just curiosity about my type.
Look, we notice with INTP. They always think they aren't INTP's

Reactions: hush and Gaze
So haven't done this in a while but I'm curious about how someone would type me today based on observations, especially newer members.

I've identified as INFP for a while, but when I was typed in MBTI expert, they were certain I was INTP. How someone comes across in person vs. online can make a huge difference in how they're typed. There's someone here on the forum who I've been chatting with by phone, and this person said they didn't see me as an INFP, and this is someone who has been a long time forum member.

So, just curious about your thoughts, and if you could give examples of how you came up with your answer if you see me as a particular type.

Disclaimer: People in the past have gotten annoyed about me questioning my type since I was supposed to not care anymore or just "accept" that I'm INFP. Please don't go there. It's fun to question type once in a while, and I see it as a chance for learning and discovery, not to paint myself in a box. So, please don't respond negatively to this thread. It's also not a cry for attention, just curiosity about my type.
You don't post in the typical INTP topic areas... or at least, I haven't noticed it if you have. You don't start threads focusing on the logical consistency of certain conceptual constructs. Nor are you ever prone to post with zero awareness of potential to offend.

I think you are ISFP.

When I think of you, the first strongest impression is that you have a strong inner decency which defines everything else about you (Fi).

My strongest impression of how you interact is that your fun is accessible, refined, experiential (ie. about experiencing something fresh, significant, ingenious, beautiful, etc.).. (Se).

You are definitely introverted intuitive, in that you are not shallow and that significant concepts influence all the preceding I've noted (Ni)... I put this in third place, because your conceptual activity is implicitly implied in your posts/activity, but usually isn't the principal topic of your threads (ie. You start threads with significant meaning, but they are not usually discussions of the concept itself).

Finally, I see a point to your activity... it isn't pointless, wandering experiential exploration. Your threads and posts create an environment of pleasant, experiential thoughtfulness. (Te). I place this fourth because I imagine you having something pleasant and meaningful to interact with... but then getting a little delayed by trying to find a way to implement it in a way that will work.

I like the conceptual diagram below, sans the term "sarcastic."
9680e70602ec2f3c5e0a22506848a79a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze
Look, we notice with INTP. They always think they aren't INTP's

????

You don't post in the typical INTP topic areas... or at least, I haven't noticed it if you have. You don't start threads focusing on the logical consistency of certain conceptual constructs. Nor are you ever prone to post with zero awareness of potential to offend.

I think you are ISFP.

When I think of you, the first strongest impression is that you have a strong inner decency which defines everything else about you (Fi).

My strongest impression of how you interact is that your fun is accessible, refined, experiential (ie. about experiencing something fresh, significant, ingenious, beautiful, etc.).. (Se).

You are definitely introverted intuitive, in that you are not shallow and that significant concepts influence all the preceding I've noted (Ni)... I put this in third place, because your conceptual activity is implicitly implied in your posts/activity, but usually isn't the principal topic of your threads (ie. You start threads with significant meaning, but they are not usually discussions of the concept itself).

Finally, I see a point to your activity... it isn't pointless, wandering experiential exploration. Your threads and posts create an environment of pleasant, experiential thoughtfulness. (Te). I place this fourth because I imagine you having something pleasant and meaningful to interact with... but then getting a little delayed by trying to find a way to implement it in a way that will work.

I like the conceptual diagram below, sans the term "sarcastic."
9680e70602ec2f3c5e0a22506848a79a.jpg

Never seriously considered ISFP. I appreciate your analysis. Food for thought. :)

????

Never seriously considered ISFP. I appreciate your analysis. Food for thought. :)
My mother and friend both considered mbti a mistake because logically people are original so they wouldn't take it. When they did they would both get INTJ and sometimes INFP. Ultimately, they still aren't sure they are INTP after the fourth time.

Reactions: Gaze