Humor me :) What's my type? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Humor me :) What's my type?

Disclaimer: this is not about functions theory; it's more about the MBTI test/data on it:

I think that treating bias as fact is just silliness, not T, but it's true that Ts often want to whittle down the multitude of personal reactions by emphasizing the impersonal factors -- I think this IS ultimately a personal choice on the T's part, but it's a personal choice to emphasize impersonal factors above all.

There's a truth to both philosophies: from one point of view, the T is just saying that "this is what we have a total handle on -- this is what we can FORCE everyone to agree on--hence it's more important to emphasize". Whereas the F says, hypothetically: but aren't we all in it for personal factors? Why not take a more accommodating/empathetic point of view? We may not end up with some way of forcing everyone to agree, but that's the messiness of human nature

This T attitude can seem sometimes similar to presenting biases as facts, though what it's really doing is representing a psychological preference for de-emphasizing what can't be pinned down as fact.

Last edited:
You can be a feely INFP who is still logical just like I am an ENTJ who is still emotional.

Just because our core predispositions are one way doesn't mean life and circumstances haven't resulted in us cultivating skill sets that are not overly utilized by the average XXXX type.

Sounds like the consensus is INFP. Still open to discussing similarities between INFX and other types such as INTP. For example, I notice INFPs and INTPs have a similar sense of humor, although NT humor can be a bid morbid. Of course, with our ENFP cousins, we share an interest and willingness to explore different theories. It's often tough to meet people who will take that trip with you in a conversation and be open to considering looking at something from more than one angle, rather than going back and forth and asserting there is only one right answer.

I'm your type. Pm me for details.

Reactions: hush, Free and Gaze
Disclaimer: this is not about functions theory; it's more about the MBTI test/data on it:

I think that treating bias as fact is just silliness, not T, but it's true that Ts often want to whittle down the multitude of personal reactions by emphasizing the impersonal factors -- I think this IS ultimately a personal choice on the T's part, but it's a personal choice to emphasize impersonal factors above all.

There's a truth to both philosophies: from one point of view, the T is just saying that "this is what we have a total handle on -- this is what we can FORCE everyone to agree on--hence it's more important to emphasize". Whereas the F says, hypothetically: but aren't we all in it for personal factors? Why not take a more accommodating/empathetic point of view? We may not end up with some way of forcing everyone to agree, but that's the messiness of human nature

This T attitude can seem sometimes similar to presenting biases as facts, though what it's really doing is representing a psychological preference for de-emphasizing what can't be pinned down as fact.

Thanks for explaining T. I overgeneralized Thinkers in my post. However, I do think that Thinker's may sometime assess things in a manner which excludes rather than includes the possibility of finding more than one choice acceptable. I think this is what frustrates Feelers. A feeler may try to suggest that there are other considerations besides logic at play, but a thinker may dismiss it quickly without adequate consideration because they have a set mindset about what is correct or reasonable. The feeler gets frustrated with the thinker for not being open to other perspectives that may not fit their judgment about what is relevant or right, and the thinker is annoyed because they believe the feeler is not thinking objectively, and focusing on the right things, and perhaps allowing their personal feeling to cloud their sense of what's important or relevant.

Reactions: hush and Free
PM ur ###-###-####
1-800-HEL-L0NO

PM ur nudes
BALBc-nude-300x225.jpg

@Gist: I personally think as far as rigidity goes, T/F has an overall neutral effect -- NP/SJ has the major effect (I'm one of the least rigid people around, despite my many other flaws)
It's true that certain types of rigidity, a T is more guilty of; for one thing, like you say, personal reactions to the facts can contribute different ways of viewing them, and a T may not give this as much weight as the facts themselves.
On the other hand, I think personal reactions are rarely detached things, and you could get the opposite effect from an NTP who does consider all the points of view you do, but views them as toys to play with, different things to analyze/chase, but doesn't acknowledge that one of those perspectives matters to a given person (since that's the truly personal component).

Those are 2 ways a NTP might (despite lack of rigidity, which is something at least a decent number of NTPs can display) react to the personal-ness/feelerish component.

Personally, I'm guiltier of the latter than the former. I basically never dismiss points of view, but I might just catalog them in a detached way. Usually though, I'm detachedly tolerant, and this tends to work well for my feeler friends.

Reactions: hush, Free and Gaze
Again, just to emphasize, the above is about the MBTI as a 4-dimensional linear model, not a functions theory, which is extremely not linear in many ways.
So basically I'm talking here of the interp that best fits the Big 5, which is also a linear model (5-dimensional).

Reactions: hush and Gaze
If you want to humor me (reference to OP :) ) I'm still curious what you identify with in Fi-dom (or other doms/auxes)!
Unless you're only interested in the linear theory/not the functions stuff.

If you want to humor me (reference to OP :) ) I'm still curious what you identify with in Fi-dom (or other doms/auxes)!
Unless you're only interested in the linear theory/not the functions stuff.

I don't have a hang of the details for any of the theory, so can't really give you a breakdown of specifics. But you can ask questions. That may help to narrow or refine things a bit.

Reactions: hush and CosmicINFJ
I don't have a hang of the details for any of the theory, so can't really give you a breakdown of specifics. But you can ask questions. That may help to narrow or refine things a bit.

That's how I function best a lot of the time as well (Answering questions) I will study the functions one day down the road though. I really haven't been able to dedicate the time. I need blocks of time for this kind of study and have had too many other demands on that brain space and time real estate.

@Gist -- you mean you know the general idea, but not the specific details?
I guess I was just looking for any input on why you identify as INFP currently! It certainly doesn't have to be a detail-by-detail breakdown

Reactions: hush