Human Benchmark Memory Tests | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Human Benchmark Memory Tests

reac.png thw fuk.png

Numbers lvl 8

The squares were brutal

Last edited:
I discounted any reaction time trial with a time below 120ms because it is bordering the human limitation, to keep the results reliable. For verbal memory, even though there is no time limit, I'm going to do it at around one answer per second. The test is less boring that way.

After taking each test over 15 times, I got my average:

Reaction Time: 168ms

Written Memory: 13

Visual Memory: 17-18

Verbal Memory: X

My Best Scores:

Reaction Time: 154ms (No time below 120ms)

Written Memory: 15

Visual Memory: 19

Verbal Memory: 118

For those curious about mental health, I’ve been diagnosed with ADHD, Ruminate OCD, Depression, and Social/General anxiety.

So: I actually think my Verbal Memory score underrepresents me. I kept accidentally clicking buttons because of the stupid cursor. That said I still did well so no harm no foul I suppose.

More interesting is how crap my visual memory is apparently. :p Not sure if it's fatigue, distraction or a learning disability. :p

Verbal Memory: 71 | Top 7.81%
Number Memory: 12 | Top 6.42%
Visual Memory: 9 | Bottom 10.89%

Since there are more tests I'll do them in a sec.

Reaction Time: 313 ms | Bottom 11.21%
Typing: 55 WPM | Top 36.08%

Last edited:
Verbal - 93
Number - 9
Visual - 10

Update: Ruler Drop Test replaced with human benchmark reaction time test due to the inaccuracy.

Averages:

Reaction Time (Ruler Drop Test): 130ms

Visual: 20

Number Memory: 14-15

Verbal: X

Best:

Reaction Time (Ruler Drop Test): 120ms

Visual: 22

Number Memory: 16

Verbal: 118 (Haven't taken it since)

I don't know why my scores jumped up so high yet, then again, I did get three hours of sleep the day I posted previously. Perhaps my brain (neurons) got strengthened by the repeated abuse placed on them doing these tests so frequently.

Reactions: flower and Sandie33
I always thought these tests were kind of dumb. I think everyone ends up having some sort of soft ceiling which they can attain with practice. For visual memory, I would believe this to be somewhere around level 20 +- (some small number) for most people. I don't see it as a memory test so much as recognizing visual patterns and knowing where to map them on the grid.

I've been playing the visual memory test on and off for about 2 years now for fun. My average is usually level 21-22, if I'm playing really seriously and very often it might be more in the 23-24 ish range. The grid from levels 19 to 23 is where it is tough but doable for me but 24+ is really hard. I think the highest I've ever hit was level 26 when I got a bit lucky.

Reactions: flower and Hba5h65
This was fun lol. Huzzah for resurrected threads.

I did the aim/reaction tests 2-3 times, and I believe my percentile score suffered for it.
Screenshot 2021-01-30 at 20.00.07.png

:m158: Pss! He's less chimp than the rest of us... :m182:

19317 Hz? Noice! But not quite ultrasonic mister. But close. Keep trying - my only super power atm.

Reactions: flower and Rit4lin
:m158: Pss! He's less chimp than the rest of us... :m182:

19317 Hz? Noice! But not quite ultrasonic mister. But close. Keep trying - my only super power atm.
U don't no me

Hahah I think the hearing one is more dependent on hardware. With my headset I could hear a whirring noise immediately, and chose 19317Hz as a point where it became more noticeable. However, trying it without my headset changed the results to somewhere in the realms of 18000Hz.
I hope you use your superpower for good :fearscream:

Reactions: flower