How would you act differently if you knew.... | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How would you act differently if you knew....

i do believe there is an afterlife, but i don't believe i have to behave a certain way in order to have it. i don't believe i even have to believe in it in order to have it.

What most closely represents the after life you envision? Is it based on any religion in particular or something else?

So not knowing anything about you at this point I have to ask, you currently believe that living in a hell after this life is a possibility?

It's a possibility. The truth is that we know nothing of what lies beyond this shore, we can only glimpse from our limited knowledge and perspective of what death really is. Common sense and our physics would deem such a notion impossible, absurd or just plain silly, but perhaps there are places not governed by such laws. Who knows. At this point, it's all mere conjecture.

What most closely represents the after life you envision? Is it based on any religion in particular or something else?
i don't really envision it - not as a physical place. it's more like something i feel i know, without needing an explanation or understanding of it. sounds strange to actually put it in words tho i have to admit
in any case, it's probably based on past religious teachings, things i have read, both fiction and non, experiences with respect to people who have passed on, etc

it's when you don't believe in an afterlife that you truly understand how little free will you have.

I would understand time-travel better so I could go back and guilt trip the space-aliens into loving me more. A year or so ago, it would have been more selfless.

Reality happens, I guess (if that's the way we want to be remembered)?

I would like for my interpretation to be wrong, but I feel it would be irresponsible to give a blanket "it will be happily-ever-after for all of us" to said goal, because it's obviously going to take a lot of work.

Last edited:
it's when you don't believe in an afterlife that you truly understand how little free will you have.
Can you expand on this idea?

Can you expand on this idea?

i don't know how to put it properly. basically it comes down to religious people thinking that it's up to them and their actions whether or not they get to live on after this life. those without religion look at it more like a vacuum that is inevitable for all of us equally. there's no will, nothing you can do to avoid it.