How to show some love | INFJ Forum

How to show some love

Feb 23, 2010
MBTI
n/a
Hi, I'm in a relationship with a great guy and I'm really happy about everything except it seems I cannot express anything to him. I usually feel very nervous when i have to express myself but being in love makes it even worse. Besides we are from different origins and I don't speak my native language with him so the words do not come easily at all. I'd like to do something really special for my boyfriend, any ideas?

Last edited:
If language is a slight barrier, writing a letter can be a great, fun and exciting form of communication. I have used this in my relationship since the beginning and it is a great way to keep the love alive. Sometimes I find hidden notes left by my boyfriend and I always feel loved when I find and read them.

You can also try to find the origin of your non expressive behavior. Most of the time it is a fear that your significant other may not understand how you feel or where you coming from. Even if this occurs its good to find out if your thoughts and feelings are similar or differ from your partners so you guys can develop a healthy communication.

Doing non verbal activities can also help, it all depends on what you guys like and don't like.:mhula:

If language is a slight barrier, writing a letter can be a great, fun and exciting form of communication. I have used this in my relationship since the beginning and it is a great way to keep the love alive. Sometimes I find hidden notes left by my boyfriend and I always feel loved when I find and read them.

You can also try to find the origin of your non expressive behavior. Most of the time it is a fear that your significant other may not understand how you feel or where you coming from. Even if this occurs its good to find out if your thoughts and feelings are similar or differ from your partners so you guys can develop a healthy communication.

Doing non verbal activities can also help, it all depends on what you guys like and don't like.:mhula:

Agree with solongo.

And remember one thing, If you love your boyfriend so much, then have love for him and try to tell him. I am sure your boyfriend will listen to you and will try to understand you. Dont' get so much nervous. :) No need of it.

native language with him so the words do not come easily at all.

Sometimes its not words that express love but gestures, simple shit like looking into his eyes.
:mhula:

Kiss him

It's a risk to tell someone you love them. Think about why you want to take the risk... because you love him and you want to show him even if there's some risk of being embarrassed or whatever... maybe that will help you feel more confident