How to NOT scare away ENTP women? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How to NOT scare away ENTP women?

I advertised in the ENTP forum, gave a link. There should be a reply from other ENTPs on the topic soon.

I doubt it was a statistical anomaly, I treated her as I'd want myself treated and it worked. I didn't know I was an ENTP back then, thought INTP.

Totally cool. Cause you know I was just about to say let me try.

Give me the link to the forum.

Its not what you say its how you say,
If he says it with a serious face he will come as weird and rude but if he put that smile on his face and give a tiny chuckle he will be alright. And if he realizes she is not getting it's a joke he can say I am just kidding. The aim is to build excitement and not to come off as needy.

That is very good advice!

I think this girl might be ESTP and not ENTP as I thought.

don't do what i suggested for the ENTP, the ESTP wouldn't respond. Chegra might be onto something, cause what chegra suggested wouldn't work for an ENTP

I am an entp girl. I would venture to guess that many entp girls have read the game as I have. I just had a date with a guy I thought was sweet and am breaking up with him because he used a line that seemed planned out and slick. I think entps tend to pick up on hidden agendas really well. If I believe a guy is trying to manipulate me I will cut him off completely. So... on a lighter note. How to not scare off an entp woman? Er.. show her you have a good sense of humor, be very blunt and honest and show her you are interested... none of these crazy mind games

I was right and you were wrong, let's all sing the I was right song :D

I am an entp girl. I would venture to guess that many entp girls have read the game as I have. I just had a date with a guy I thought was sweet and am breaking up with him because he used a line that seemed planned out and slick. I think entps tend to pick up on hidden agendas really well. If I believe a guy is trying to manipulate me I will cut him off completely. So... on a lighter note. How to not scare off an entp woman? Er.. show her you have a good sense of humor, be very blunt and honest and show her you are interested... none of these crazy mind games

:) lol

Well, It would be mindgame either way. Having a plan or making things up spontaneously with my Ti wouldn't make any difference. I would still be faking it, having the same agenda (the same will/goal)

Anyway. She seems to have a boyfriend after all. She told me this, when I asked her out. Ofc I didn't think about this, because she had this avalible look and style and It made me not to think about it. I'm not mad though, It's just that I'm not used to free spirited people (except myself). She still appreciates talking to me, and I appreciate her as much and I really wonder how it could be if she didnt have BF..... She still is damn attractive, both physically and mentally. She seem to have same opinions as me, and I really love that (the sence of "brotherhood" and understanding is appealing). I add some essential questioning and she adds some facts about subjects we discuss, so we both think we are quite interresting to eachother. I also find her feminism attractive, she is very active in disscusion regarding justice for women and people of other ethnicies and discuss it very passionately.

She is still giving this look at me and smile, like "I want you!", and sometimes I wonder if she just likes my company VERY much or what it is all about.

Anyway. She seems to have a boyfriend after all. She told me this, when I asked her out.

Well more props to you for asking her out.

Did you tell her you were just friends? That would have deflected any bf talk

but here is a little thing about her saying she has a bf from the book:

When a woman says the words, "I have a boyfriend," nine times out of ten what she is really saying is, 'You just telegraphed too much interest."
It has nothing to do with whether she actually has a boyfriend. In fact, if she is attracted to you, she will often deliberately hide the boyfriend from you until after you have had sex with her.
Whether she mentions him or not in no way proves that he actually exists – only that she had a motive to mention him.
Some reasons why women might say they have a boyfriend:
1) She doesn't have a boyfriend, she's just saying that because she's not attracted to you.
2) She does have a boyfriend and given her current options, she has chosen to stick with that relationship.
3) She does have a boyfriend, but she is willing to sleep with you: and she just wants to make sure that you understand her situation first. She wants discretion and understanding. And though she might be available to you for sex. she's not immediately available for any more of a commitment.
4) She does have a boyfriend, she is willing to cheat on him (they usually are if your game is tight), but she doesn't want to feel guilty about it. This is her rationalization process at work. As long as she mentions the boyfriend before sleeping with you, she can rationalize to herself that it was "your
fault." Sure, she might regret it later but that won't stop her from cheating.
5) She doesn't have a boyfriend, she is attracted to you; she just doesn't want to look like a loser who can't get a man. Most hot women have orbiters anyway: nice guys who pose as her friend but secretly want to sleep with her. Since the word "boyfriend" can have so many different meanings, she is thinking of one of her orbiters as a "place-keeper'" when she makes this statement.
The bottom line is, don't ask about her boyfriend, and don't be fazed if she mentions him. Just take it as a hint that you probably telegraphed too much interest too soon, and then continue gaming as normal.

For all we know her bf could be Jesus.
Or her telly bear.
Or she is breaking up with him tomorrow.
Do not let this thwart your plan.

Just say if you are ready for more machination, and its on.

And tell me exactly what you told her.

Last edited:
Thx Chegra for advices. I will think about the signs you tell me about. Though I do like her alot, I won't deliberately manipulate her/the situation if she has a BF. That goes against the very being of me, being disshonest to myself. I want this to be innocent (meaning when/if she breaks up with him, I would make my moves). I don't want to be either doormat or a FB. I'm sorry If I made you confused and acted irrational, but I meant what I said in my first post when I said I think Im in love with her. I think some of your ideas where pretty decent, but some of these last just seems kinda of wrong for my taste.

With that said, I am willing to go far but not to walk over corpse.

EDIT: I guess I can't run away from my true self after all.

Last edited:
Thx Chegra for advices. I will think about the signs you tell me about. Though I do like her alot, I won't deliberately manipulate her/the situation if she has a BF. That goes against the very being of me, being disshonest to myself. I want this to be innocent (meaning when/if she breaks up with him, I would make my moves). I don't want to be either doormat or a FB. I'm sorry If I made you confused and acted irrational, but I meant what I said in my first post when I said I think Im in love with her. I think some of your ideas where pretty decent, but some of these last just seems kinda of wrong for my taste.

With that said, I am willing to go far but not to walk over corpse.

EDIT: I guess I can't run away from my true self after all.

Actually that is the right path to take.

Last edited:
INFJS are sometimes scary, maybe with the insight into her mind you frightened her off.

What type of chick is she? Do you think she is opened to having a relationship right now.

Cause when I am one of those I wanna be by myself moods I don't care how hunky the guy is. If you don't take that into consideration you might be setting yourself up for failure.

:m200:LUCK

Well if you didn't make scary faces ENTP women wouldn't get scared.

I like scary faces.

I want a bacon cheese burger. Goddamn Supernatural.