How many of you enjoy watching sports? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How many of you enjoy watching sports?

Are you lost? The ISTP forum is that way ------------->

(joking, ISTPs are too busy fixing their cars, building new cabinets by hand and self-medicating with drink to post on an Internet forum for nerds)

So yeah, I'm also one of those rare INxxs who enjoys watching sports, although I've found over the years it's less for me about the thrill of the event and more about the connections it affords me with various people, my father most especially.

• I grew up playing baseball and watching it religiously, so I guess it was my "first love" as a sport. I still like watching it live and on TV. Probably nostalgia, but I find it to be incredibly relaxing to just have on in the background on a hot summer night when I'm busy doing other things.
  • Didn't really get into American football until my teenage years, but it's easily the sport I'm most interested in to this day. I generally prefer college football to NFL. The NFL has become too much of a soap opera thanks to ESPN/talking heads, which really turns me off. Playoffs are still great, though.
  • Basketball (NBA and NCAA) interests me once football season is over. It's always been my distinct #3, but ironically is also the sport I attend the most frequently on a live basis (due to geography more than anything).
  • I love when the Olympics come around, and really get into most of the major events.
  • Hockey may be my favorite sport to watch live; great ongoing action and the atmosphere is tremendous. It's not a bad TV sport but I don't watch it all that often because the season coincides with other sports I'm more interested in.
  • Football (soccer) - I love the World Cup, I know like 4 or 5 of the best-known players, that's about it.
  • Golf is my dad's favorite sport by a country mile, so he's gotten me into it slowly but surely over the years. The Major championships are a lot of fun, especially on the last day.
  • Tennis is the most boring fucking thing in the world to watch on television, cannot even, however;
  • Racing sports, auto racing in particular earns a special spot in my "sports" boredom pantheon (using quotation marks as NASCAR is redneck performance art, not a fucking sport).

Are you lost? The ISTP forum is that way ------------->

(joking, ISTPs are too busy fixing their cars, building new cabinets by hand and self-medicating with drink to post on an Internet forum for nerds)

ISTPs are great!

Coincidentally, I was talking to some ISTx coworkers at a work outing on Friday, and it was all going well until I found myself in a conversation about car engines for far too long. I mumbled something about having to leave and began to depart; it wasn't one of those solid, obvious farewells that extroverts are probably better at, but more of an awkward, sneaky escape. I think one of them noticed that I was actually leaving.

ISTPs are too busy fixing their cars

Hahaha. My ISTP brother's hobby is fixing cars, or was until he sold his vintage car. He also watches car racing, but not Nascar. The stereotype cracked me up!

I forgot to mention I'm in my high school's Hall Of Fame for sports, which is bewildering to me to this day, because I was so anti jock, and 'anti sports' during my teens. I was a runner, and I still love running. It's an introverted sport. When I received the paperwork and an invitation to the "Hall Of Fame" ceremony when I was in my twenties, someone should have filmed my reaction. My dad wrote, "I assume you won't be coming home for this." Hahahaha. :tearsofjoy:

PS: Of course I am proud of this accomplishment, but it is still hilarious because I hated sports so much, and other kids wanted to excel at sports. It's Murphy's Law.

The only sensing thing I like is tanks, mostly WW2 and Cold War era stuff though some of the modern stuff is pretty cool. I once spent a couple of days researching Chinese tanks and how to take them out lol.

For those wondering should the west ever go to war with China, their tanks are decently mobile but soft and should you land a shot on the side of the tank there is a chance of detonating the ammo rack much like with the Soviet T-72 series. Fun fact if the hatches are closed you might get bonus points should the turret get ejected.
Aw, I love tanks and stuff, too! I did my thesis for my master's on WWI war technology (tanks, submarines, etc). My "happy place" is the tank museum in my town, haha!

Not into sports at all, but I did actually play soccer from age 5-18. I find watching them to be dull, though. To each his own!

Reactions: Wyote
The correct response for a real iNtuitive. Bravo!

Joke's on you, she's infp :laughing:

Sports are pretty dumb though. But it's an interesting part of society. We've been sporting since the beginning times.

Reactions: JennyDaniella
I would if it wasn't competing for time with things that I like even better.

Edit: though interestingly I used to listen to baseball on the radio when I was a kid. Hockey too. Who even does that?

Last edited:
Who even does that?

I used to listen to hockey games sometimes when I couldn't get to a tv, it's still exciting when the announcer is good!

Sports are pretty dumb though. But it's an interesting part of society. We've been sporting since the beginning times.

I guess? People are naturally competitive thanks to evolutionary drives that still haven't died out after hundreds of thousands of years. As methods of sating these drives go, I find sports to be one of the least permanently harmful.

I also think it's short-sighted to label sports as "sensor" stuff (cause you can only be one or the other, ya know). Nearly every sport involves strategy and outside the box thinking to achieve sustained success. I really honestly do not care what people like or don't like, but slagging on things you don't take the time to understand is silly.

I guess? People are naturally competitive thanks to evolutionary drives that still haven't died out after hundreds of thousands of years. As methods of sating these drives go, I find sports to be one of the least permanently harmful.

I also think it's short-sighted to label sports as "sensor" stuff (cause you can only be one or the other, ya know). Nearly every sport involves strategy and outside the box thinking to achieve sustained success. I really honestly do not care what people like or don't like, but slagging on things you don't take the time to understand is silly.

Indeed

For those who like this kind of Se, used to do this with my dogs years back and it is indeed is good fun plus it rids of the vermin that ruin property and spread diseases.

I really don't. I don't have the patience but that's probably because I don't care enough. I can't be bothered to concentrate on what's happening, I'd just rather do something else