How many of you enjoy watching sports? | INFJ Forum

How many of you enjoy watching sports?

noisebloom

theory conspirer
Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2018
MBTI
INTP
Watching sports is an activity that is stereotypically more of a Sensor thing, I would think. As a teenager and young adult, I definitely had very little interest in watching sports.

However, in my adult life, I've come to enjoy watching American football. I enjoy that there's a decent strategic element (reading the other team and preparing for their play) along with the expected tactical athleticism. I like the risks that teams sometimes take. I enjoy comparing and contrasting the styles of play between the different teams and players. In general, I enjoy the idea of competition, as well.

Any Intuitives here enjoy watching sports, as well? What sport(s) and why?

The only sensing thing I like is tanks, mostly WW2 and Cold War era stuff though some of the modern stuff is pretty cool. I once spent a couple of days researching Chinese tanks and how to take them out lol.

For those wondering should the west ever go to war with China, their tanks are decently mobile but soft and should you land a shot on the side of the tank there is a chance of detonating the ammo rack much like with the Soviet T-72 series. Fun fact if the hatches are closed you might get bonus points should the turret get ejected.

I used to enjoy watching tennis, especially the movement of the ball back and forth over the net. I played tennis in high school, not on a team, but I love the sport. Haven't played in a while. But there is something about volleying the ball over the net that gets my attention. Maybe I'm just envious of good hand/eye coordination.

Reactions: flower and Wyote
I used to enjoy watching tennis, especially the movement of the ball back and forth over the net. I played tennis in high school, not on a team, but I love the sport. Haven't played in a while. But there is something about volleying the ball over the net that gets my attention. Maybe I'm just envious of good hand/eye coordination.

I still play tennis (pretty casually), and it is a lot of fun. Never got into watching it too much, though...

Baseball and soccer are the main sports I would watch on television. I used to play soccer quite extensively when I was younger. Every now and then I will watch some football.

I love watching soccer/football. I grew up playing baseball and basketball and have a healthy appreciation for those games. But nothing holds my attention quite like soccer. The combination of form and fluidity of the two sides. The marathon level fitness required to play at the highest levels. The beauty and grace of multiple passes building up to a chance on goal. The shockwave that goes through the stadium when a goal is scored. Magnificent!

Yeah I hated all sports as a kid basically. As I've gotten older I've come to appreciate them on a lot of different levels. I'm not much of a participant but I do enjoy spectating and learning.

Hockey is my one true love though.

Baseball and soccer are the main sports I would watch on television. I used to play soccer quite extensively when I was younger. Every now and then I will watch some football.
Same except for the ever playing as a kid part and the only time I ever watch football is when it’s the reason for occasion aka thanksgiving and super bowl Sunday

Same except for the ever playing as a kid part and the only time I ever watch football is when it’s the reason for occasion aka thanksgiving and super bowl Sunday

Woot! Twins!

giphy.gif

If a sporting event is on TV and I'm with other people watching it, I may get into it, but if they turned the TV off I'd be either indifferent or relieved. Haha. I like winter sports (in general), but that is part of my culture, and those sports are... just different. Those are about personal bests, and it amazes me to see skiers (for example) pull off nearly super human feats. I'd rather go running, skiing, hiking, or ride my bike than sit in front of a TV and watch other people do it, though.

I enjoy watching tennis, soccer, and the Olympics (both summer and winter).

But mostly the big tournaments in tennis and soccer. :)

I enjoy watching gymnastics. It's pushing the human body to its absolute limit. It's so powerful yet so elegant.

280px-Lauren_Mitchell%2C_41st_AG_World_Championship%2C_2009_%28full_tone_blur%29.jpg
Come to think of it, I enjoy watching gymnastics too! Not as an enthusiast per se, but when it's on TV it's def got my attention. Same for ice skating and just yesterday I realized I enjoy watching X games related sports (?? who knew)

Reactions: Wyote, Gaze and Asa