Quiet

i know nothing
Dec 16, 2011
aus
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
1w9
Just because im curious...How do you walk? Is there a style or method to your walking?

I tend to walk quite fast, generally with purpose or direction. I keep my head up generally and look at people when they pass. I like to notice the scenery and whats going on in my environment. I may slow down or stop to look at something and then resume walking fast again. Sometimes when im out with others i find it really hard to stay in rhythm with them, i tend to walk a bit faster then i have to slow down or stop so they can catch up. It makes me feel rude but i dont do it on purpose. I try to walk slowly for a while then before i know it im walking faster again. i guess i find it hard to walk with others, unless its for purely social reasons and we dont really have anywhere specific to go

At times i may walk completely zoned out and not paying attention to my surroundings- but i still walk fast.

Sometimes i meander around, but this is normally if i really dont know where im going or if theres a lot going on around me and i dont know what to focus on.

Random, but interesting topic, charlene. :) Let's psychoanalyze our walking styles.

I walk faster than most people. I experience the same thing @charlene described with having to slow down and wait for people a lot... walking at the slower pace that most other people have feels unnatural to me. I've also been told by many that I walk with my spine super straight. Sometime during the past year I realized that the combination of these two qualities with an additional one being that I'm slightly tall and lanky, makes me look like an angry spider walking down the street, especially when I'm in a hurry, so I've tried to tone it down a bit and make the motion of my legs more gradual and connected to my torso... but some people have commented that I look kind of like I'm walking seductively when I do that, but you can't please everybody.

I like looking at my environment, but usually I'm pretty lost in my head at the same time, so you'd probably see me going on staring tangents at different things in my environment, except that it's more like I'm staring through them thinking about unrelated stuff. I bump into stuff sometimes, e.g. going face-first into trees and telephone poles. Not as much nowadays.

Random, but interesting topic, charlene. :) Let's psychoanalyze our walking styles.

I walk faster than most people. I experience the same thing @charlene described with having to slow down and wait for people a lot... walking at the slower pace that most other people have feels unnatural to me. I've also been told by many that I walk with my spine super straight. Sometime during the past year I realized that the combination of these two qualities with an additional one being that I'm slightly tall and lanky, makes me look like an angry spider walking down the street, especially when I'm in a hurry, so I've tried to tone it down a bit and make the motion of my legs more gradual and connected to my torso... but some people have commented that I look kind of like I'm walking seductively when I do that, but you can't please everybody.

I like looking at my environment, but usually I'm pretty lost in my head at the same time, so you'd probably see me going on staring tangents at different things in my environment, except that it's more like I'm staring through them thinking about unrelated stuff. I bump into stuff sometimes, e.g. going face-first into trees and telephone poles. Not as much nowadays.

I love you [MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION] that made me laugh. Im imagining an angry spider hurrying along and then walking seductively down my street bumping into trees lol.

I see what you mean though. I stare at/through things too at times. Sometimes it gets awkward when i realise ive been staring at/through someones face. And ive bumped into things on occasion. Once my long hair got caught in a tree branch and i had full whiplash

what do you think it means- the fast walking- im sure there is an unrelated and hilarious explanation for it

I used to walk with a ghetto ass limp. But now I just walk regular and when I'm feeling good that little limp for some reason shows glimpses of itself. I like it.

Also I tend to stare at the ground when I'm in deep thought or confused.

I tend to walk with a purpose, point A to B staying mindful of my surroundings without my eyes being too active. Doing all those shovel tests I still have what is called the meter stride, though my count was generally 32 paces to hit 30 meters regularly on a flat area with perfect footing. I've been told I am fast like Jason Voorhees, without the hockey mask or the jacked up grill.

I walk in beauty, like the night of starry skies and cloudless climes. Yeah, that's me. No, just kidding. I walk like an egyptian. No no, no no... I WALK THIS WAYYY... okay. Still just kidding. Actually, I also walk fast and walk into things sometimes and generally try to avoid all eye contact with people when I am walking around,which sometimes actually causes the walking into things. I've accidentally walked too fast for others that are with me, which I actually felt really bad about because I knew they had knee problems, but I just kept forgetting.

I thikn the way I walk depends on my mood -- you can usually get an idea of how I'm feeling by how I'm walking.

Ehhhh usually I walk fairly fast with my head up. I can be a little awkward sometimes, but when I'm super comftorable I've been told my hips do a slight swing thing. I don't really notice much!
I'm always taking in my surroundings and am usually lost in thought. Sometimes I'm making observations about pretty things in nature around me, othertimes I'll be lost in tought and almost staring through things or people. This can be a little awkward because I might wake up to find myself staring intently at them and to have them staring back at me like "wtf?". Also because if I'm somewhere thats busy I tend to be focused on maybe one big thing in my direct line of vision and everything else blurs around me, so I bump into people or knock shit over.
I tend to look around a lot when I'm walking too, so I must come ass as a nosey bitch or something...whoopsies!

Head up, shoulders back, and with purpose. Medium to long gate. Not as fast as I once was though.

Sorry, I couldn't resist this.

haters-gonna-hate.gif

Walking is my primary mode of transport since I don't drive and, living where I do, I rarely if ever need to use public transport.

I used to get the bus all the time so I quite like it. Though I have always walked a lot anyway.

I walk strangely in a similar way to [MENTION=4956]charlene[/MENTION]. I walk fast but will slow down when things catch my attention. A lot of my thinking happens when walking just through connections made by things that capture my interest. Unfortunately, this can make me a little zoned out. Like today, I was walking to the swimming baths and it's been snowing so the pavements are just flattened down sheets of ice with a bit of snow. I had to catch myself from zoning out and getting too confident when I felt myself almost go - to concentrate.

Most days I walk with my head up. I look at people and notice my surroundings - recently architecture. I can speed up or slow down as I see impending obstacles, especially when walking around the City Centre. However, this is only usually right ahead of me so I'm kind of blindsighted between 2 and 10 o' clock. I also have a habit of slipping through gaps if I can...and I usually can gauge whether I can. In crowds or whatever...but without breaking the weird trance mode of thought and unthought I have when I'm walking around.

Head up, shoulders back, and with purpose. Medium to long gate. Not as fast as I once was though.

More or less.

Taking in the sights is allowed. Looking down for more than a second is not. Hands in pockets and whistling if in an aimless mood.

Reactions: Quiet and 5r6jhd
Quick and with a purpose, without even realizing it. It only occurs to be when I start getting out of breath.

I walk fast and with purpose. I usually keep my head down because when I try looking around, I get some very strange looks. I'm quite tall, somewhat broad and have a blank look on my face. I think people were given the impression that I had murder on the mind whenever I looked at them.

Whenever walking with others, I usually stay at the back because I'm always outpacing others and it gets annoying when I have to wait for them.

I really can't stand it when people just sort of mosey about.
You know, that slow "I could give a fuck if I am in your way" saunter through the grocery store.
I try to avoid doing that.

Reactions: 5r6jhd
I walk fairly quickly and with purpose, unless I am walking with someone; then I slow to their pace. Generally, if I am walking at my normal speed, I am not in a space for conversing with people. My Ghanian relatives always tell me and my INTJ brother that we walk far too fast lol.

Another walk fast with purpose. Your less likely to get attacked this way.
With chin up but I wasn't always like this.
Ummmm, I tend to check people out a lot, without turning my head, but nobody notices.

I really can't stand it when people just sort of mosey about.
You know, that slow "I could give a fuck if I am in your way" saunter through the grocery store.
I try to avoid doing that.

I used to think people did this because they were self-absorbed jackasses looking to cause trouble.
But now I realize they're just self-absorbed jackasses who have their heads jammed so far up their assholes that they have literally no idea what is going on around them.

If I'm walking at a decent clip (i.e. faster than everyone else around me), which is all the time, and I've laid a steady tack when they waltz in front of me and slow down/stop, I usually just bowl them over and go "Woops, watch where you guys are going!" without even slowing down.

Last edited:
Another walk fast with purpose. Your less likely to get attacked this way.
With chin up but I wasn't always like this.
Ummmm, I tend to check people out a lot, without turning my head, but nobody notices.

omg Teach me your ways!

4108488_o.gif