How do you plan on making it a better world? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How do you plan on making it a better world?

I'm not a political person but.... I think impeaching Trump would be a perfect place to start.
No grounds. None at all. Yet.

The thread title reads "How do you plan on making it a better world", not "How to bring fascism to the world over".

Have you heard of the concept of free speech?

Incredible thing that we have here in the states.

You must be a Trumpee!
Do you allow those from an insane asylum to speak and take what they say to be sane?

To re-rail this thread...

I plan to be less busy, more productive, and make time to appreciate the little things in life. Work gets to be such a whirlwind and I feel I am missing out on the joys that are right in front of me. Fortunately, I also have great life changes coming my way a few months down the road, so that's something to appreciate!

Reactions: Vigilance
Do you allow those from an insane asylum to speak and take what they say to be sane?

Does a rational human being consult an asylum for counseling? No, I don't think so. It's up to the individual whether or not he or she chooses to accept or reject the information received, but never to condemn someone's right to speak his mind in the first place.

Does a rational human being consult an asylum for counseling? No, I don't think so. It's up to the individual whether or not he or she chooses to accept or reject the information received, but never to condemn someone's right to speak his mind in the first place.
No. But these days it's not about consulting, the asylum is coming to a city near you if it has not already.

I teach my students how to properly analyze arguments, determine the validity of evidence, and catch unethical persuasive ploys. My hope is that they will understand the appropriate use of influence and power in their own relationships, and utilize this to foster respect and understanding for their fellow human beings.

I like this. I think it is fantastic.

However, how do you determine validity of evidence for matters of intuition?

Ryoso89 said:

Thought I'll just jump in here and hazard my own take too!

I think the simple fact is (and this taps nicely into Jungian stuff) at the end of the day, intuition-sensation are placed as compensatory for a reason -- you really do need to at some point tackle the sensation, so generally it's hard to determine the validity of intuitive hunches without putting nose to the ground eventually. Einstein was amazing at envisioning solutions using intuition, hardly a nose-buried-to-grounded-facts type, but at the end of the day it was necessary to test his stuff out and prove it using real experimental observations.

Those who wish to operate more in the realm of "pure" intuition that isn't ultimately confirmed or analyzed or whatever (i.e. neither sensation nor judging functions is applied) needs to stick to things like mysticism-oriented metaphysics. You can probe simply ways of seeing things as long as you want as long as staying in that realm!
Otherwise, one has to stick to intuition as a means of speculation that need be confirmed, not as defining your reality by itself. The danger with the mystical approach is one can grow very certain of something on psychological grounds which just disagrees with other theories of the universe in an ad hoc way (because one isn't being held to evidence). But, there are cases of more openminded mystics who are able to see at least sufficient (even if not total) unity in many approaches.
Of course, even such mystics tap into sensation as a way of kindling their mystical states (e.g. dietary restrictions).

Reactions: Ryso89
One of my best INFJ friends just wanted to go to technical school, so he could get his certificate to work on cars. Then, he said he wants to do electrical engineering. Lastly, it was counseling. He just wanted to do something. So, you see, changing the world greatly , in a revolutionary sense, was just not one of his aspirations.

At this moment, he is in his late 20's and works in a factory or sells cars I think. Decent INFJ and likeable and smart, just not into doing the whole revolutionary thing.. lol

Reactions: j654dgj7
making the world better is too hard. but making someone's world better is what i prefer.

start small. be an example. the whole world might not know what you did, but the one you helped did. you can always make an impact in someone's life even through small gestures. :)

This is very good. I like it. It's clear-cut and deserves another recognition besides my like!

works in a factory or sells cars I think.
if there are no people working in factories, products will be less, if there is no one who sells cars, there would be no one to help those who doesnt know a thing about it. :p he still helps in his own way lol. :)

if there are no people working in factories, products will be less, if there is no one who sells cars, there would be no one to help those who doesnt know a thing about it. :p he still helps in his own way lol. :)

Yes, he's such a helper. We rarely talk now if ever. I did not understand his helping hand nature then and mistook him for something else or another non-helpful type. He was still my good friend, but little did I know he was an INFJ. I later found out. One of my best and strongest mutual friendship relationship was with him. He was also very inspiring and thoughtful.

I like this. I think it is fantastic.

Truth be told, I was not thinking of intuition when I composed my post. I'm now very intrigued as I'm not exactly sure how validity can be found in intuition utilizing traditional methods of rhetorical analysis. However, Dual Process models do come to mind when thinking about this, with the focus on the unconscious process in addition to the conscious process. The explanation might be a bit more bland than many would like.

I'm by no means a hero, or anything more than a simple guy. I try to help people out wherever I can. I donate blood, I donate to charities, I'm a human rights activist, etc. I know these aren't world changing things to do, but every little bit helps.