HOW do you do it INFJs???? | INFJ Forum

HOW do you do it INFJs????

thbxhs

Community Member
Jul 14, 2020
I am flopping around like a sad dying fish over some dude who hurt my feelings. It’s absolutely ridiculous and unwarranted. There is zero logic to feeling this way over this guy, in this situation. Yet, I remain the salted slug before you.

How do you people stand it? HOW? How do you run around feeling your feelings all of the time? this is horrible. I do not understand. How on earth can you take this all of the time????

We are the schrodinger's cats of emotions, both feeling and unfeeling simultaneously.

Which is actually more confusing and terrible than you can possibly imagine.

I don’t know? But not sure it’s accurately questioning either philosophy or religion. Or discussing.

I think I meant to put it in psychology. But I’ve had a beer and I’m not a giant person. It doesn’t take much.

INFJs are like teddy bears, but the kind that have a seam ripped open, so when you hug them some of the stuffing comes out, and eventually they just hemorrhage cotton everywhere and die

giphy.gif

it is simply our life. since it is all we know, it is a normal state of being. it's not crazy or weird, or mind boggling, it just is. . I do it because it is who and what I am

I am flopping around like a sad dying fish over some dude who hurt my feelings. It’s absolutely ridiculous and unwarranted. There is zero logic to feeling this way over this guy, in this situation. Yet, I remain the salted slug before you.

How do you people stand it? HOW? How do you run around feeling your feelings all of the time? this is horrible. I do not understand. How on earth can you take this all of the time????
You work on emotional regulation and having healthy outlets to sort through emotions. Once you have these skills you no longer are a victim of your emotional state but empowered by it. The more important thing is to take ownership of how you feel and not to blame the external; to understand that you can control your attitude and how you react to what happens and it's up to you to figure out your own methods of regulating.

I would highly recommend cognitive behavioral therapy techniques, that's a great place to start.

it is simply our life. since it is all we know, it is a normal state of being. it's not crazy or weird, or mind boggling, it just is. . I do it because it is who and what I am

I admire the strength. But thank god I’m T dominant, only slightly but enough. I don’t think it’s better! Please understand that- feelings are really hard.

You work on emotional regulation and having healthy outlets to sort through emotions. Once you have these skills you no longer are a victim of your emotional state but empowered by it. The more important thing is to take ownership of how you feel and not to blame the external; to understand that you can control your attitude and how you react to what happens and it's up to you to figure out your own methods of regulating.

I would highly recommend cognitive behavioral therapy techniques, that's a great place to start.

CBT is very useful....I get what you are saying. Again not casting global judgment on which is better T of F- I’m just in wonder that people can feel all of the time and not go insane. I test on the Myers Briggs as an INTP with a 1% T. That used to make me wonder if I was really an INFP or a true split- Nope. This shit right here, I am definitely an INTP.

I admire the strength. But thank god I’m T dominant, only slightly but enough. I don’t think it’s better! Please understand that- feelings are really hard.
they have gotten me into trouble more than once, but they have also steered me clear a time or two as well. . .

they have gotten me into trouble more than once, but they have also steered me clear a time or two as well. . .

incredible. Hanging out with my feelings too much is like eating Mc Donald’s or Taco Bell for weeks at a time. It might be fun but there are consequences. (Again not claiming that all feelings are toxic fast food dump- just from my own personal feelings perspective).

CBT is very useful....I get what you are saying. Again not casting global judgment on which is better T of F- I’m just in wonder that people can feel all of the time and not go insane. I test on the Myers Briggs as an INTP with a 1% T. That used to make me wonder if I was really an INFP or a true split- Nope. This shit right here, I am definitely an INTP.
Everyone has feelings. T vs F does not mean Fs experience more emotions. It's usually just that T types repress and do not express their emotions, whereas F types express and explore their emotions.

We both have T and F and can develop both sides of ourselves as we see fit. All that's being tested is your predispositions , this is not something that is fixed or life defining. We know from neuroplasticity that the brain is malleable and subject to change. I would caution against taking letters too seriously.

How long have you been feeling this way?