How do you develop Ne? | INFJ Forum

How do you develop Ne?

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
How do think someone...say maybe an INTP...could go about developing their extraverted intuition so that they are less caustic to others and better able to utilize their creativity and wit?

hey this is a good question, i'd like to know this also.

Look for patterns in things, mathematical, visual, geometric, logical, emotional, symbolic; start building bridges between all of them.

A good book that has a Ne vibe is Godel, Escher, Bach.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Godel-Escher-Bach-Eternal-Golden/dp/0465026567/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274499680&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid (9780465026562): Douglas R. Hofstadter: Books[/ame]

Also Metamagical Themas

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Metamagical-Themas-Questing-Essence-Pattern/dp/0465045669/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274499708&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Metamagical Themas: Questing For The Essence Of Mind And Pattern (9780465045662): Douglas Hofstadter: Books[/ame]

Escher in general will get your Ne surging.

Learning about fractals, researching biological evolution, emergent complexity, etc, etc. These are all things that have my Ne bell chiming. :D

Let your mind wander. It will go to strange places. You'll wonder: How did this thought turn into that one!? Afterwards, try to figure out how that happened, how the two thoughts are linked.

Try automatic writing or stream of consciousness writing exercises.

Last edited:
Try automatic writing or stream of consciousness writing exercises.

Wow, why have I never tried that???

But how do you keep up with the mind, do you miss a lot or find some way to abbreviate?

Wow, why have I never tried that???

But how do you keep up with the mind, do you miss a lot or find some way to abbreviate?
Hard to explain. You don't care about keeping up. You just write.

You gotta try it. Then share what you come up with (in another thread or PM or wherever.)

Hard to explain. You don't care about keeping up. You just write.

You gotta try it. Then share what you come up with (in another thread or PM or wherever.)

Thanks, I will!