How do people (mis)type you? | Page 16 | INFJ Forum

How do people (mis)type you?

I grew up watching F1, so there is not much to say here.

I began being interested in cars ever since I had my licence*, as I thought it'd be better to learn everything I can in order to be as independent as possible. A year ago or so, in between seasons of The Grand Tour, I rewatched all the episodes of Top Gear UK from 2006 onwards, and to be extra prepared, I try to read all the automobile club magazines my mum gets since she's a member of it.

Therefore, I'd be kind of interested in the conversations, or would be if those guys weren't only interested in bragging but real auto shop talk instead. Might pick a few things up.

*Scratch that. Ever since The Fast and the Furious 1+2. But I only got serious then.

Know thine enemy ?:engarde:

If you mean by enemy the other cars and their drivers, as well as my own fear of meeting them on the streets, then yes.

I was thinking mainly of the "all mouth and trousers" types.

Joking aside, I can really get into picking up a lot of technical detail on something I'm very interested in - but not if it means a lot of extraverting

If you mean by enemy the other cars and their drivers, as well as my own fear of meeting them on the streets, then yes.
Have you ever noticed that the average Audi or BMW driver is just a complete and utter asshole?
They don't keep to the speed limit. They tailgate. They run red lights. They're aggressive. And unsurprisingly, they get into accidents the most. Also, it seems that indicators are optional on these cars.

Ginny my practical existence is an everyday struggle. I still have to focus on how to fit my duvet into its duvet cover even though my mom showed me fifteen times when I was 8 and multiple people have had to show me again since.

Ah yes I was politely informed I had it inside out the whole time without noticing. And really it is rather hard to tell which way is the "right" one.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I think I have finally uncovered the true difference between inferior Se and inferior Si. I know exactly how to fit my duvet into its cover, I just really can't be arsed to do it. Chores are a chore. :expressionless:

Have you ever noticed that the average Audi or BMW driver is just a complete and utter asshole?
They don't keep to the speed limit. They tailgate. They run red lights. They're aggressive. And unsurprisingly, they get into accidents the most. Also, it seems that indicators are optional on these cars.

I think I have finally uncovered the true difference between inferior Se and inferior Si. I know exactly how to fit my duvet into its cover, I just really can't be arsed to do it. Chores are a chore. :expressionless:
Indicators are optional on any car, in my experience. :tearsofjoy:

I know how duvets work too. Does this mean I have inferior Si now? :tonguewink:

Joking aside, I can really get into picking up a lot of technical detail on something I'm very interested in - but not if it means a lot of extraverting

That's where I seek the assistance of my ENFJ and ENTP friends, depending on how much extraverting there is to be done.

Yes and oddly those are the two brands of cars which I associate with asshole drivers here (Colorado.) But I have had some sweet opportunities to get in front of them and drive slowly (parallel to a bus on a two lane highway) for a good 10 miles - payback is a ***** and all that.

Chores suck :(

Yes and oddly those are the two brands of cars which I associate with asshole drivers here (Colorado.) But I have had some sweet opportunities to get in front of them and drive slowly (parallel to a bus on a two lane highway) for a good 10 miles - payback is a ***** and all that.
You read my mind Jkxx. I love doing that as well. (Given that there isn't any other traffic that would be hindered by it, I don't want to end up *being* the asshole in the process.) :innocent:

Reactions: Wyote and jkxx
Hahahaa, nice. And yes I won't cause a major disruption but if it's a small one to everyone else the ahole in the audi is getting slowed down then it's happening.

*typoed

Wow that is downright scary.

What was that Eminem song with the lyrics "...and I have been sent here to annoy you..." or some such

Hi everyone!

Have you ever noticed patterns in how people type you, both online and offline? In particular, what type(s) that aren’t your actual type do you sometimes get identified with, and based on what observations? It would also be interesting to figure out the logic behind these patterns.

I’ll begin with myself. In real life my most common mistype is ENFP. Online, I would presume it is INTP, or INTJ. I think the difference comes from the fact that real life is more “spontaneous” and I can be quite chatty and tongue-in-cheek in those contexts, or at least I have learned to be so. Online, I ponder and (over)think more, and my rational side is probably way more visible as a result.

Okay, your turn ;)
Not typed much in real life, but if I were it would be INTP.

1. They don't take into account that behavior is not a reliable indicator of much. Behavior is under our conscious control, like where to walk, or what outfit to wear.

2. They try to use personality functions to type me. This is nearly impossible to pull off with 100% accuracy.

3. They don't think I can type myself.

4. If I'm labeled a feeler, then my points and logical walk-throughs are automatically stripped of value.

Therefore they automatically take away your humanity by assigning you functions you know you don't have without ever bothering to learn about the real you.

It really doesn't matter what others think about my own type. They'll never know what is going on inside my mind and the weight of the internal struggles. Types are an approximation of our personalities, not absolute certainties. I cannot stand the stereotypes that typology makes people prone to. We are more than what these theories offer. Many people are too complicated and ever-evolving and there are too many exceptions to the rules. Many of us could very well fit into more than one type. It depends on the perspective we are currently viewing ourselves and other people.

Therefore they automatically take away your humanity by assigning you functions you know you don't have without ever bothering to learn about the real you.

Bingo. Healthy people use all of the functions, so the complete picture can only emerge if an individual is observed in a variety of situations over a good period of time,

An intelligent, intuitive person can discern their type.

It really doesn't matter what others think about my own type. They'll never know what is going on inside my mind and the weight of the internal struggles. Types are an approximation of our personalities, not absolute certainties. I cannot stand the stereotypes that typology makes people prone to. We are more than what these theories offer. Many people are too complicated and ever-evolving and there are too many exceptions to the rules. Many of us could very well fit into more than one type. It depends on the perspective we are currently viewing ourselves and other people.
:clapping:

Bingo. Healthy people use all of the functions, so the complete picture can only emerge if an individual is observed in a variety of situations over a good period of time,

The first time seeing the truth being pointed out, and yes, this is true. Now we just have to figure out ways to enable these functions in those who can't utilize them.

Reactions: John K
1. They don't take into account that behavior is not a reliable indicator of much. Behavior is under our conscious control, like where to walk, or what outfit to wear.

2. They try to use personality functions to type me. This is nearly impossible to pull off with 100% accuracy.

3. They don't think I can type myself.

4. If I'm labeled a feeler, then my points and logical walk-throughs are automatically stripped of value.

Are the people that have tried/suggested typing you really that close-minded?

The vast majority of people who have mistyped me eventually went "oh no actually that makes sense, INFJ suits you" and in the process we had interesting discussions about how function use manifests in reality (including the limitations you mention in your post). I've also never felt like my logical walk-throughs were stripped of value by my T friends.