How do I remain who I am? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How do I remain who I am?

Well, most of the time I like to go and have coffee somewhere and listen to music and people watch so I guess that doesn't really fit the bill of "Socializing" lol. Usually I will go to a small concert venue or such and just start talking to someone...I am an introvert, I don't enjoy talking to people but I am also not afraid to talk to anyone either. Lately, I haven't been doing any socializing at all.
I got divorced in Jan last year and really I have kept to myself since that all came down.
How about you?

I can talk to most people but usually only to a select few in any context.
I'm back in college so I socialize with particular classmates or particular random students of interest who I run into in the dining hall. Also my ISFP roommate and remaining friends from my previous faith-community. I don't spend time in concerts much anymore. As I'm a relative loner, I grasp for socializing by talking to clerks, store, cashiers, anyone in the same queue, and random strangers if they're safe.

Sometimes we play different roles or wear different hats to better adapt to a situation. This is only negative when we are forced to compromise a valued belief or our integrity. If you are feeling uncomfortable in a situation than taking some time out to recharge and remember who you are is a good thing. My pattern of behaviour seems to be intense, charged interactions broken up short periods of solitude to recharge and feel centred again.
Changing is inevitable and fundamental to your growth.
Some of my favourite quotes by David Zindell-
'an oak tree is not a crime against an acorn'

'What is a human being, then?'
'A seed'
'A... seed?'
'An acorn that is unafraid to destroy itself in growing into a tree.'

'Self-creation is the highest art'

Reactions: knight in battle