How acutely aware are you of your Ni? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How acutely aware are you of your Ni?

I agree with and can relate to the descriptions already given, as well as the link you posted here:
This seems to be a good explanation (though I couldn't personally speak to its accuracy):

https://www.psychologyjunkie.com/2015/08/10/the-magic-and-mystery-of-introverted-intuition/

But really the best description:
occult-03.jpg

ac%2Bmeme%2Bfunny%2Bmeow.jpg

And also
my-brain-is-like-an-internet-browser-12-tabs-are-28949712.png

I agree with and can relate to the descriptions already given, as well as the link you posted here:

But really the best description:

And also
my-brain-is-like-an-internet-browser-12-tabs-are-28949712.png

This. All of this.

With the addition of extremely aggressive and horribly discordant music playing.

Reactions: Free
@Ren's whole post plus

@Fidicen
To me it seems a bit like a jigsaw puzzle solved in chunks without a guiding picture.

Yep.

@Wyote
Ni is like having rapid symbols flashing all the time and each symbol has a whole background of information with it and meanwhile you are associating those symbols in funky ways but it all seems very normal once it's all output into an actual idea/thought/emotion.

Yep too.

@Lady Jolanda
Not that I'd recommend this, cause used in excess this is seriously psychologically damaging , but there is a way to find out real fast when you're using your dominant function. Try suppressing your most natural way of being, as if it's some evil dragon that must be slain. Of course it won't let you for long, so it will reappear with a vengeance. If you then mindfully observe, it will give you some interesting insights.

To this point - link

So to add a few answers - my whole Ni is rooted in the unconscious so I see it whether I like it or not - it is a weird Ni-Se loop that makes it very obvious (and jarring) whenever there's a transition. I think my intro answered the question of how it's affected my life. It comes off as frightening, often, since it's partly based on placements like Pluto in the 9th house and Mercury sextile Pluto for those in the know. But the closest analog is to the post which says it gives people the idea that I'm analyzing them - it goes awry even if there's no malicious intent whatsoever.

I have to say, I put myself out there a bit in writing that out. I wasn't sure if it was going to relate to others since it's my own personal understanding of it. It's so, so comforting to see a lot of people agreeing and relating. When I was very young I just assumed everyone's brains worked exactly like this, and slowly learning about other ways people tick has been just as fascinating as figuring myself out, but again it's very comforting knowing there are others similar to me out there.

Well might as well have written that myself. But yes, that has been the general process - though there are curious similarities even when they don't seem to think the same way at all.

And since it's technically on subject (yes, paintbrush is about as far as I can go) here's a visual -

the system is object-relation-object (probably a better name) where each "object" has a an objective or concrete (E) and a subjective (I) component - the E part is what something is, the I what it means. Everything is connected by the "pattern" or "participation" operator which can link objects through both their E and I sides. When it's given a pattern it comes up with a set of all the objects matching it. (which is itself another type of pattern but I haven't made it this far yet) Going the other way a "random" selection of objects can be provided and it will link it to some known pattern.

Ultimately this seems to imply Ni can jump across different levels of organization since it can potentially link anything with anything else.

ni.png

Reactions: Wyote, Free and Ren
What I'm most aware of is feeling like I'm always daydreaming, and it can be quite difficult to remain present in the moment.

As for the unconscious aspect, I'd liken it to a Game of Thrones quote by Littlefinger: "Fight every battle, everywhere, always, in your mind. Everyone is your enemy, everyone is your friend. Every possible series of events is happening all at once. Live that way and nothing will surprise you. Everything that happens will be something that you've seen before." At least that's how I imagine it works - my unconscious constantly taking in information, organizing it, and connecting details to form conclusions.

@Ginny
thank you for posting the graphic. It makes my condition much easier to understand - and it's interesting that the two "end" functions end up forming a loop like this.

@Ginny
thank you for posting the graphic. It makes my condition much easier to understand - and it's interesting that the two "end" functions end up forming a loop like this.
I wouldn't say loop, as they are two different stages (and the functions have different orientations), but who says the stages don't flow into one another, making you react alternatingly in both ways?

Reactions: Wyote and Free
@Ginny
I wouldn't say loop, as they are two different stages (and the functions have different orientations), but who says the stages don't flow into one another, making you react alternatingly in both ways?

Actually that's a fairly accurate way of describing it - Ni will comfort zone itself (and take over) whenever I'm not in any "new people" situations (at least at present with avpd calling the shots) but as soon as this changes Se will abruptly take over and it becomes an avoidant trigger - there is either very "corrupted" memory of events at this point or sometimes no memory at all until Ni picks up again. Loop I guess referring to its repeating nature.

It feels like I am so impossibly buried within, but so acutely in tune to random environmental stimuli.

It also feels like many rapid fire puzzles that have a consciousness of their own, searching to expand their own size with new information. Like those robot things in the Matrix that the crew is hiding from, I forget what they're called.