Honesty in crude jokes | INFJ Forum

Honesty in crude jokes

TinyBubbles

anarchist
Oct 27, 2009
MBTI
^.^
Enneagram
have you ever noticed the funniest jokes are often crude and politically incorrect? is there an honesty in humor that is absent in polite conversation?

can you be totally honest while also being polite?

Yes! Why do you have to be crude to be funny?

In our society it is not polite to say things that make people uncomfortable, which usually includes being honest about things.

You can be totally honest and polite, but our society bases it on how the other person interprets it.

You could also take a look at the true definition of words. We usually use them out of context.

As they say...

there is truth in jest.

Reactions: Trifoilum
have you ever noticed the funniest jokes are often crude and politically incorrect? is there an honesty in humor that is absent in polite conversation?

can you be totally honest while also being polite?

Yes you can be completely honest - if you are willing to suffer feeling very uneasy and uncomfortable about what you have to say. Joking about stuff is the easy way of getting things out without having to think about how they might affect people.

yeah. It's about the jokes AND people's reaction.

I sometimes wonder if the laughs were laughs of humor ("THAT WAS FUNNY!"), or laughs of relief ("THANK GOODNESS SOMEONE SAID THAT / THINK OF THAT.").

And then there's conformity and canned laughs...

It's often refreshing and relieving when someone cuts through the bullshit.

:D

depends; cutting through a sexually crude joke doesn't sound too appropriate for me. Of course, neither were a -_-; expression, or a .___. expression, or bringing the joke into something serious....

.......but well.

And I wonder can one be totally honest while also being crude? Or is the desire to be crude often overshadowing the judgment there?

Why are truth and justice usually depicted as crude - isn't that bias? What if, instead, truth and justice are sophisticated and considerate?

Last edited:
And I wonder can one be totally honest while also being crude? jOr is the desire to be crude often overshadowing the judgment there?

Why are truth and justice usually depicted as crude - isn't that bias? What if, instead, truth and justice are sophisticated and considerate?

I believe that it is better to be polite and considerate while delivering disconcerting " truths". Personally, I do not think that under any circumstance it is fine to just utterly forgo thinking about others' feelings, even under jocund conditions; because your still dealing with another human being