help me make sense of Se,si,Ne,Ni,Te, Ti,Fe,Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

This

Banned
Oct 16, 2010
MBTI
Enneagram
I'm a little confused on what these mean, I mean I know they are like "extroverted feeling" or "introverted feeling" etc. for all of them but what exactly does that even mean? I feel like I often make decisions based on things outside of myself but still need to "recharge my batteries" anyway can anyone help me make sense of these scores?

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.4)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.7)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************* (33.3)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.2)
good use

Well, the cognitive functions are integral to Jungian theory and MBTI. From what I'm seeing, you may not have a great grasp on who you are yet, or your taking the quiz based on what you think you should or could be like.

Truth is we can have some of those traits, but realistically we can't have them all. If you're an INFJ, your strongest trait over all should be Ni, followed by Fe, Ti, and Se. Yours are a little too close together, and they shouldn't be.

Here's some information about cognitive function: http://www.bestfittype.com/cognitiveprocesses.html . Scroll down a bit, and it will explain each cognitive function separately. An INFJ is built to have certain processes, because it's natural for us to think that way. Ni will always be first, followed by Fe, Ti,and Se. It's the order of how we think, and that makes us INFJ.

Now, we can *use* other processes, but not consistently, and not without consciously doing so. I recommend looking up "cognitive" or "cognitive functions" or just "functions" on the forums as well; you'll get a LOT of information as well. It can be confusing, though, feel free to ask a few of us here about it, and we'll try to help.

I'm a little confused on what these mean, I mean I know they are like "extroverted feeling" or "introverted feeling" etc. for all of them but what exactly does that even mean? I feel like I often make decisions based on things outside of myself but still need to "recharge my batteries" anyway can anyone help me make sense of these scores?

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.7)
good use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.4)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.7)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************* (33.3)
good use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.2)
good use

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a cognitive function result that was that balanced!

Based on what you said in your text and your highest functions, it seems consistent with an infj. infj function order would be Ni (an introverted perception function-recharging dominant), Fe (decision making based on external), then Ti and Se.

Well [MENTION=442]arbygil[/MENTION] the reason I took the test was because I've been confused lately on whether I'm an INFJ or an INTJ, and I've also considered the possibility of being an E since I have mild social anxiety and think that could skew my results. I am nearly positive however that I am an xNxJ an likely an INxJ the problem I'm having is that the test hasn't really helped much in determining what I am. I've read both descriptions the problem I have with the INTJ description is that most of the descriptions describe a certain lack of empathy which is not at all like me. The problem I have with the INFJ description is that most of the descriptions describe having strong moral ethics and codes which also doesn't quite fit me, and also there is some weird stuff about voodoo and unicorns or something.

Well [MENTION=442]arbygil[/MENTION] the reason I took the test was because I've been confused lately on whether I'm an INFJ or an INTJ, and I've also considered the possibility of being an E since I have mild social anxiety and think that could skew my results. I am nearly positive however that I am an xNxJ an likely an INxJ the problem I'm having is that the test hasn't really helped much in determining what I am. I've read both descriptions the problem I have with the INTJ description is that most of the descriptions describe a certain lack of empathy which is not at all like me. The problem I have with the INFJ description is that most of the descriptions describe having strong moral ethics and codes which also doesn't quite fit me, and also there is some weird stuff about voodoo and unicorns or something.

ROFL...that's true, those descriptions can be weird. :D

And social anxiety can - and does - skew some results. Remember, being an extrovert does not mean you love people all the time, and being an introvert doesn't mean you hate them. Sometimes it helps to remember what you were like as a child, and how you enjoyed life as a child (barring the negative aspects).

Were you more interested with reading and being by yourself? Did you want to go outside to play? Were you happy when it rained, because it meant more time to play alone? Or, were you upset when you couldn't go outside and be with your friends? Did you like talking on the phone with different people, or answering the door? Were you considered more "hyper" and needed more people around you?

Those are very black and white questions, but sometimes that can help with deciding extroversion vs introversion.

As far as the rest, the more you engage in typology theory, the harder it becomes to decide who you are (if that makes sense). Your mind really can't be both introverted and extroverted at once when it's processing information, and it always has a preference for one or the other. The judging function will be either an introspective one or an extroverted one, the thinking function will be either extroverted or introverted, the feeling function extroverted or introverted...and so on. And you'll always have a preference for doing *something* first.

Cognitive function is basically finding out what your brain does first, and how it processes the information its given first.

For INFJs, we use introversion first - and we process what we see internally first. We may have seen it happening, but we don't "get" what's happening until we can sort through it intuitively, and internally (Ni). An ENFJ will Feel it first, and respond to what others are Feeling (external F; Fe) and then process it internally and intuitively (Ni). They tend to be more vocal as well. INFPs will say, hey, that doesn't sit right with me (Fi) and that's what they respond with first.

Again, this is EXTREMELY basic and not nearly enough information to get into the depths of cognitive function. But the truth is, an INFJ can't use Fi well, because it goes against Fe. We use Fe as one of our top processes, so we really don't say, "this doesn't sit well with me personally." We more likely say, "how does this match with what everyone else is feeling?" after we filter it through our Ni.

Guys, we got to build a fence.

Ne: I WANNA DESIGN IT! Look we can add this, and this, and ooh ooh that! Now this, and this, and this, god, this is gonna be awesome.

Ni: What does the fence even mean? What will happen if we build it... If we don't?

Si: IDK Ni, let's read the directions and find out!

Se: Or.. We could just start building it with what we have now and see where it gets us.

Fi: But how will it effect the way our house looks?

Fe: idk, all I know is how it will affect how the neighborhood looks.

Ti: Alrighty guys, I got the blueprint and map all set up and ready to go. Gonna be great, it will even wash itself.

Te: Yea, cool. Only thing is it will just collapse when you add the washer on it, switch it around. ta-da. now it works.

----

You may have to use your Ni to decipher some of the meanings, but thats what I really get from the functions.

Ne: I WANNA DESIGN IT! Look we can add this, and this, and ooh ooh that! Now this, and this, and this, god, this is gonna be awesome.

Ni: What does the fence even mean? What will happen if we build it... If we don't?

Se: Or.. We could just start building it with what we have now and see where it gets us.

Ti: Alrighty guys, I got the blueprint and map all set up and ready to go. Gonna be great, it will even wash itself.

Te: Yea, cool. Only thing is it will just collapse when you add the washer on it, switch it around. ta-da. now it works.

----

You may have to use your Ni to decipher some of the meanings, but thats what I really get from the functions.

This is pretty good.

As far as the rest, the more you engage in typology theory, the harder it becomes to decide who you are (if that makes sense). Your mind really can't be both introverted and extroverted at once when it's processing information, and it always has a preference for one or the other. The judging function will be either an introspective one or an extroverted one, the thinking function will be either extroverted or introverted, the feeling function extroverted or introverted...and so on. And you'll always have a preference for doing *something* first.

Cognitive function is basically finding out what your brain does first, and how it processes the information its given first.

For INFJs, we use introversion first - and we process what we see internally first. We may have seen it happening, but we don't "get" what's happening until we can sort through it intuitively, and internally (Ni). An ENFJ will Feel it first, and respond to what others are Feeling (external F; Fe) and then process it internally and intuitively (Ni). They tend to be more vocal as well. INFPs will say, hey, that doesn't sit right with me (Fi) and that's what they respond with first.

Again, this is EXTREMELY basic and not nearly enough information to get into the depths of cognitive function. But the truth is, an INFJ can't use Fi well, because it goes against Fe. We use Fe as one of our top processes, so we really don't say, "this doesn't sit well with me personally." We more likely say, "how does this match with what everyone else is feeling?" after we filter it through our Ni.

What you say makes sense I think I tend to be a little more introverted but it's close to the line if that makes sense, I did really like going out and playing with my friends as a child and didn't exactly look forward to being alone but I was never at all bothered by it. I think one of the reasons I was thinking I might be an extrovert is because I really like crowds, clubs, and parties with things happening all around me and a happy atmosphere however I HAVE to have my me time, lol. and the way I've heard extroverts explain how they feel is that they can't stand being alone, which is not at all the case for me.

I've considered that I could be an INTJ with a highly developed Fi (or under developed Te) or vice versa. I do feel a lot however I'm not sure that I take into account how others in a group feel, I do have a tremendous desire for fairness though and tend to get riled up when things seem unfair.

There are also times when I feel like I should make a decision one way but I kind of "override" it so to speak because it seems illogical or impractical.

I think another part of it is as a male feelings are something you have to suppress to some extent otherwise you come off as weak somehow and I think female INTJs probably have the same problem in the other direction.

Take into consideration that the test isn't very good. It's heavily biased towards Fi results for some reason.

Also, take into consideration that the type descriptions aren't very good!

Figure out your motivations, thats what the CF are for.

----

[MENTION=3156]saru[/MENTION]

That is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.