Have you ever thought of someone as a close friend then realised it's not mutual? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Have you ever thought of someone as a close friend then realised it's not mutual?

Yes, in high school and university...I am in same situation now, but I am aware of that, so I try to keep myself from dissapoitment. I know what can I expect. MBTI helped.

TLM you're so adorable. :hugs:

I have friend crushed on people before for bursts of time, being more interested in being their friend than vice versa, and making it happen anyway. But I'm generally conscious of it. I don't exist as anyone's very best friend, but I'm pretty sure I'm in a few people's top 2-3.

I used to once in awhile because I was in a place where I really, really had been craving those close ties. I have a history of putting a lot of weight on the 'best friend' title and this likely turned my friends off.
These days though I value my solitude so much that I actually find myself irked by anybody trying to label me as their best friend so quickly. Space and privacy is a bigger deal to me now ever since I discovered I grow much faster when not relying so heavily on the validation I felt from having numerous 'close friends'.

heh been there before. Talk about hitting the head on the nail.

I remember it hurtin a lot back it high school. Especially for girls how they would befriend you and turn around talkin smack behind your back

Do I regret having that relationship with them ? No. We learn by experience right? I've grown to be someone more aware of peoples intensions.