Has the world been better off with you in it? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Has the world been better off with you in it?

To my way of thinking, every event/action makes some sort of impact, even if the impact is not very noticeable. I don't see the world as "improving" or "getting worse" from things that happen within it. Only endless change. Some things that might seem beneficial in some respects or to some people might not be beneficial for others. Another thing I believe is that positive and negative energies are always equalized in some way.

I just live around the world and observe it, and the world lives around and observes me, and that's that, life goes on.

Reactions: Jexocuha
Some people and at least one animal have definitely been better off.
But in general there are too many people and at this point pretty much everyone is bad for the world.

no significant difference at all. I am alive out of habit.

i don't know about the world being better off, but i know i've made a difference to a few people.

“I had someone once who made every day mean something. And now…. I am lost….And nothing means anything anymore.”
― Ranata Suzuki[writer/poet]

I like this quote because it shows how the judgement of a person's life worth and value is completely based on the perspective of the individual. It seems the only thing that matters is the relationship. If someone has a lot to offer "the world", whether it be from inherited wealth, useful skills, bold visions, great ideas, or even a compassionate/giving heart, no one benefits if that person is either undiscovered, unappreciated, and/or misunderstood. If that person cannot relate, or others cannot relate with the person, then the world is no better or worse off without that person.

It takes at least two to "tango", in my opinion. And as for how I personally feel about this topic, I feel the world, as it is, would be better off without me. I don't fit here. I don't enjoy a lot of what makes of "living". I have to constantly make excuses for why day-to-day life matters. However, overall, I believe that even just doing my best, and encouraging the best for those around me, I think is a good attitude to promote for a better world overall. I believe that the world is "better off" with more people who want the best for themselves and others than "better off" without those kinds of people. So overall, I feel like anyone who truly believes and strives to live(even if they're "wrong"/imperfect) for the overall good adds more value than someone whose motivation to exist is inherently destructive and delights in causing suffering.

Depends on who you ask lol

Reactions: April
Every person has inherent value simply because they are here. The metric after that is subjective, but it is not and will never be a zero sum. If you're here, you belong. Even if you're not understood by most. Even if your voice is cancelled or censored. Even if others disagree with you. Even if you don't feel it yourself. You belong, and you are better off here than not here.

Every person has inherent value simply because they are here. The metric after that is subjective, but it is not and will never be a zero sum. If you're here, you belong. Even if you're not understood by most. Even if your voice is cancelled or censored. Even if others disagree with you. Even if you don't feel it yourself. You belong, and you are better off here than not here.
This is a lovely sentiment. It doesn't seem true to me personally, though says sweet things about your disposition.
Normally I'd ask about how you arrived at these conclusions. However, I've been away more lately and may not see an answer soon. If you'd like elaborating for others though, that's up to you <3 thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Oh, and what David said. I doubt the world notices me.
A few people are. Some say that one of us is the world.

(edit: addressed topic)

This is a lovely sentiment. It doesn't seem true to me personally, though says sweet things about your disposition.
Normally I'd ask about how you arrived at these conclusions. However, I've been away more lately and may not see an answer soon. If you'd like elaborating for others though, that's up to you <3 thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Sure. I was talking about how we often feel worthless or like ghosts. One of the threads lately was discussing that, and when I read Jexocuhas post, I was reminded of it. We often allow others to tell us our worth. Looking at the world today, you can see that very clearly, we adhere labels to ourselves or identity by affiliations, or others do it for us based on who or what we surround ourselves with. However, we forget that our value is inherent. Anyone else could have existed in our place, but they don't. The same energy that exists around us, lives within us. There is something powerful in acknowledging that.

Last edited:
Reactions: April

I'm one of those few people (although it's a lot more than you think) who are made better by your existence. I can promise you that. I'm eternally grateful you are alive at the same time as me and that we met and that we are friends. <3

Reactions: Anomaly
Sure. I was talking about how we often feel worthless or like ghosts. One of the threads lately was discussing that, and when I read Jexochuas post, I was reminded of it. We often allow others to tell us our worth. Looking at the world today, you can see that very clearly, we adhere labels to ourselves or identity by affiliations, or others do it for us based on who or what we surround ourselves with. However, we forget that our value is inherent. Anyone else could have existed in our place, but they don't. The same energy that exists around us, lives within us. There is something powerful in acknowledging that.
<3 Yes. Although I'm learning to recognize it in myself rather than depending on others to assign it to me.

Reactions: Anomaly