Guess the Band | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Guess the Band

This is the best thread ever!

t-rex_1f996.png
bebe38.gif

Wasp. Or is it W.A.S.P.? I recall being about 9 years old, not knowing much English, but my classmates whispering, excited and nervous: "Do you know what Wasp means? We Are Satan's People!". And then the "oooh" and "aaa" and nervous laughter since we were unsure if this is something forbidden to talk about. Maybe even mentioning Satan is wicked?? Then someone said Kiss has a similar satanic name. Now I find that abbreviation amusing and ironic, considering that wasp can also be an abbreviation of White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.

To this day I've never heard their music, I know it's some kind of rock or metal band that probably has nothing to do with anything except rock music, and whatever image they had most likely seems tame now, just like Billy Idol seemed like a really tough guy, even dangerous, in the 80s, but looking at his image now he rather looks like a sensitive guy who sneers a lot.

No it's not wasp, good try though. Take a peek at the clue.. :)
Ok I'll try again. The Bee Gees? They had the song about some NY mining disaster. But I think only one of the brothers is alive now. I'm also sure there's a group called The Bees.

Reusing that emoji, here's another band:
smilabeille-gif.42384
0418.png
0418.png

Reactions: Free, hush and Ren
@Fidicen BNN = Birdy Nam Nam? :p
I had never heard of them until now so no. The band in question is one of the best-known bands of its genre, seminal really (this could also be understood as a hint on the band name and their first single).

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

/belated because my notifications are messed up

Yes! I thought that would take longer to figure out. I wasn't sure there would be anyone else here familiar with their musical majesty. :mlove2:

*will try to be more cryptic next time, thought the sheep->ewe would trip people up*

Yes! I thought that would take longer to figure out. I wasn't sure there would be anyone else here familiar with their musical majesty.
The name is pretty unique, which is why it's not that hard to figure out if you've heard of them. With a longer name there are fewer options to choose from, whereas with a single emoji the possibilities are numerous. My reasoning went like this: black... king.. long name, oh, black emperor! GY!BE. And then I saw that the first two words fit and posted my answer, and only afterwards thought "hmm, is "You" there.. oh, ewe". That was cleverly constructed .

Ok I'll try again. The Bee Gees? They had the song about some NY mining disaster. But I think only one of the brothers is alive now. I'm also sure there's a group called The Bees.

Reusing that emoji, here's another band:
smilabeille-gif.42384
0418.png
0418.png

The buzzcocks?

No not the bee gees good try though. He's now a solo artist.

Do you guys think Ne is the best function in these kinds of games?

Because if that's the case, Ne is not my "second" stack function. I'm mostly completely helpless lol.
Lol I was just thinking how these types of games always make me feel stupid. I'll just blame it on my lack of Ne, that should satisfy my ego ^^

I can tell you that dominant Ne isn't very helpful in this game at all, cause it comes with the amazing inferior Si tagged on, aka "I cannot remember names, labels, dates, and tip-of-the-tongue is the story of my life".

My Ne also feels very 'boxed in' trying to play this game. It feels limiting, unfree, unflowing. Remember that Ne is divergent. Your convergent, symbol-loving Ni is probably much more useful here than my Ne.

INTPs might be great at this game though, as they do have solid Ne combined with decently developed Si.

However, Ne is useful for the following:
I'm so happy! Here's a picture of young me wearing a Pumpkins tshirt.

renpumpkins.png
Ren, you're such a square. :p

The name is pretty unique, which is why it's not that hard to figure out if you've heard of them. With a longer name there are fewer options to choose from, whereas with a single emoji the possibilities are numerous. My reasoning went like this: black... king.. long name, oh, black emperor! GY!BE. And then I saw that the first two words fit and posted my answer, and only afterwards thought "hmm, is "You" there.. oh, ewe". That was cleverly constructed .

It was, admittedly, the lack of people who had heard of them throughout my life, that did me in. You really had to know. And I am so glad that people know, because their music is :<3lightblue:.

*someone deciphered my sheep, omg*

That's right. Their first single was Orgasm Addict, which still sounds somewhat shocking today, 41 years after its release. Kids, don't listen to it, your minds will be polluted.

My favorite Buzzocks song:

It was, admittedly, the lack of people who had heard of them throughout my life, that did me in. You really had to know. And I am so glad that people know, because their music is :<3lightblue:.

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven! :hearteyes:

Ren, you're such a square. :p

I'm too smooth to be a square ;)

Nice choice of words Fid. Real applicable. :tearsofjoy:
Hmm why is it that whether I intend it or not, I end up using ambiguous words and double entendres? Maybe I am really a filthy degenerate, a deviant teddybear tossing off perverted one-liners while making rounds in my giant orgasmatron and playing Bach preludes using my electric organ.