Great week with INFP male....now he won't communicate | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Great week with INFP male....now he won't communicate

He has not given me reason to assume he is seeing others (or that he got back with his ex). He is increasingly becoming closer to his male friends (has a lot of female friends too, but mostly males recently).

The thing is that he's been good overall and probably a lot better than the guys I've dated these past two years. Still, something about his demonstrable level of interest is not making me feel secure or happy at the moment. Perhaps I expect too much too soon (it's been less than 2 months), which is something I have been accused of before, but I find that INFJ intuition can be very strong in these instances.

Again, my experience with an ENFP talking here. But I do think you might be expecting too much too soon. I get the impression that NFP's really don't like the idea of anything that suggests committing or taking things too seriously, but it doesn't mean they don't really really like you or that it won't eventually lead there. Their love language is very present moment oriented but very passionate when in that moment. I've assumed otherwise and ended up just hurting/offending/scaring the ENFP I was into for a while. Take it easy, don't over analyze, and learn to appreciate the present moment with them. (perhaps this is best advice for the starting stage of all flings/relationships).

[MENTION=11526]Artemisia[/MENTION], you seem pretty clueless about relationships. I'm not looking to be mean to you, but basing this on several threads you've posted which all have a very similar pattern of you doing/saying something wrong and then wondering why they're not responding.

FYI if a man has sex with you, it doesn't mean he wants to date you exclusively. Seems like you get ahead of yourself (and the other person) with a bunch of assumptions about the relationship that may not be real. I think I pointed this out in your other thread. So instead of being mean (as you put it) and overreacting out of jealousy you may want to clarify the nature of your relationship before you demand exclusivity.

I agree with pretty much everything in this post, but I want to highlight that people can be disingenuous with their actions, knowingly leading others on. Just because one doesn't say something explicitly, doesn't remove them from all responsibility of their behavior.

And forgive me being typist, but this includes INFPs being flakey and not having the balls to face problems the world has with them.

Sometimes infps need some space. Couple times a week. I spend time alone I need it. If you want to make a go with this type you will have to accept that type of behavior. He may change to please you but he will be miserable in the end. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it no big deal......

Reactions: endersgone
Sometimes infps need some space. Couple times a week. I spend time alone I need it. If you want to make a go with this type you will have to accept that type of behavior. He may change to please you but he will be miserable in the end. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it no big deal......

Yeah. The more I get to know him the more I see that there is a delay in his replies but it is not deliberate. He sometimes answers texts that I wrote several days ago and had forgotten about. It really seems like he is putting every little piece of information on me in his mental file. Really sweet and kind soul though.