Grapho-analysis and Grapho-therapy | INFJ Forum

Grapho-analysis and Grapho-therapy

mayflow

Banned
May 26, 2008
MBTI
INFP
Cursive writing and doodling and drawing is like an artistic expression of your inner self. I’m
no expert in this but I did take some classes. It’s mostly common sense when you think
about it. You can do this for yourselves and you can also look at others writings and get a
general feel and impression.
I’ll explain some general guidelines.

Large writing indicates a large and overall and general way of viewing the world.
small writing denotes someone who pays a lot of attention to details.

Letters that slant to the right on the top tend to show someone who leans towards other people

Letters leaning towards the left on top show someone who is very reserved and leans within.

Straight up and down letters indicate a balance between leaning outwards and leaning inwards.

^ a note on the slant. For me, I also think that the faster I write the more to the right I will slant.

Sharp angles and triangles and peaks and such usually indicate quickness of mind and
thought and much use of logic and analysis. Be careful though as it can also show
irritability.

Rounded shapes show softness of heart and good-naturedness.

Now, let’s get to the zones. Letters like a, e, o and such are middle zone.
T and h and L and such are upper zone.
J and P and such are lower zone.

Most writers are going to favor one or two zones. If your upper zone letters go further
above the middle zone letters (making them overall more than twice as tall) that means
you place greater emphasis on either mental or spiritual things than on the everyday stuff
and light social activities.

The middle zone represents those everyday types of things.

The lower zone represents your emotions and subconscious activities.

The small letter f goes in all 3 zones and you can look to it to see how balanced or not the zones may be.

Note that it isn’t uncommon for the letters to slant different ways in the different zones.
The letters in the upper and lower zones can be made with single or retraced strokes
showing directness, or they can be made with loops. Loops ALWAYS contain imagination.

S p a c e between letters and words are indicative of how much space you like to have
and give. Same is true of margins. This space could be space to or for other people or
space and time between thoughts and activities.

When you start writing some letters differently than how you were taught, it shows that
your mind is self-developing.

With these general guidelines in mind, you can look at your own writing and see what you
think is there, and if you want, you can practice making changes.

For instance: If you want to feel more relaxed, and maybe day-dreamy, you may doodle
some loops and rounded shapes.

If you do practice something that is different than your usual, take time to look within and
see how it makes you feel.

I think that is enough for an opening post. Any questions, feel free to ask, but I don’t
guarantee a good answer, only what I may think.

In graphoanalysis, everything has at least two meanings. I was told that small font-size usually means low self-esteem, though. But they also judge from how you sign a paper, and how you use the margins. It's a strange subject, but I find it interesting.

What if I'm ambidextrous?

In graphoanalysis, everything has at least two meanings. I was told that small font-size usually means low self-esteem, though. But they also judge from how you sign a paper, and how you use the margins. It's a strange subject, but I find it interesting.

Well, usually the analyst would look for combinations of characteristics to determine something like that. Small writing in itself just denotes someone who tends to pay more attention to details and this with a low t crossing could be low self esteem. Margins tend to show how much space you want and give, but a lot of big margins could also mean feelings of isolation. Signatures, I think show how you like to present yourself to the world.

i can, cause i write like crap with my left hand...

... i remember doing this exercise a while back... :)

i can, cause i write like crap with my left hand...

... i remember doing this exercise a while back... :)
I guess
ambidextrous people don't write like crap. It's probably as beautifully and equally legible writing with either the right or the left hand?