[INFJ] - Going to a night club tomorrow - ways to cope? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Going to a night club tomorrow - ways to cope?

LOL, do you? I'd like to see you at a club. I certainly don't do this xD I dance.

Haha. My usual club plan is to get as many drinks in me as possible while I people-watch, until either a) someone drags my ass to the dance floor or b) someone interesting sits down and chats me up. Left to my own devices, I entertain myself.

Yes, earplugs, cigarettes and a willingness to get at least slightly inebriated.

When you're overwhelmed, leave and go for a little walk in the streets.

You don't have to drink at all to enjoy yourself. You can be a wallflower and enjoy yourself. You can dance and enjoy yourself.

Just walk in and be open to a new experience. Whatever you feel like doing, do it. Gravitational pull (with humans) work best when you're being yourself and when you're being free to be that self.

I'd second this. I hate clubs, and I can't dance, but I've been dragged to dance floors and if I just stop worrying about how much I don't want to be there, or how I don't feel like I fit in, I can actually bust a move just getting absorbed in the music. A couple drinks may help, but you don't have to get shit-hammered. Your own stereotypes of the club scene may play a huge part in a refusal to feel comfortable there. It's not necessarily about having to be like "those people" to enjoy yourself, but rather about being able to adapt to unfamiliar surroundings or activities. You don't have to be a creep, an asshole, or shallow to weather one night at a club. You don't have to pick up girls or cheat on your girlfriend, but at the same time, you may be using those assumptions as an excuse to bypass a social learning experience that you're nervous about. Who knows, maybe I'm way off base, but it might not be as bad as you think unless you make it that way. Long story short, if you go, then just get out there and move even if you don't think you know how. Who knows, your friends may end up having to pull you off the dance floor at 4am because they're tired and struck out while you're still shaking it. Fwiw...

Reactions: Nixie
This is and old thread and I assume you went to the party, but I want to say that I have been in situation before, and I have learned to not suck it up for anyone. I don't go. I will make an appearance at the part I am comfortable with, like dinner before, and then I just tell people I don't feel very well. Which is not a lie, because the thought of going to a noisy, crowded dance club literally makes me feel ill.

So....did you go? If so, how did it go?

10 galons of whiskey would do the work. You will eventually be the talk of the show.

I guess the nightclub has claimed him forever. Let that be a warning to any more of you would-be hedonists out there!

I guess the nightclub has claimed him forever. Let that be a warning to any more of you would-be hedonists out there!

Another brave soul, forever lost to the dance floor? Shall we say a few words?

BTW my superpowers come from whiskey. Ofcourse not a lot of whiskey, but enough. Just relax try to engage much more in conversations, rather than acting like a party animal.

Look at it as an adventure?
You don't have to get drunk and make out with strange people and then throw up...
But at least try and be open to something new.
I'm not a nightclub person, either.. but I went with friends once and it was honestly the funnest time.
I just drank a lot of tequila and danced like a fool and lived totally in the moment. I made up my mind to not take myself seriously and go out and see what it was all about.
I wouldn't want to do it every weekend, but it's not so bad.

Anything you have to cope with... Don't bother doing. If you can't just have fun then it's not worth it.

Grab a few drinks, hang back, watch the ladies dance. Let yourself roll with it as the night moves on.

BTW my superpowers come from whiskey. Ofcourse not a lot of whiskey, but enough. Just relax try to engage much more in conversations, rather than acting like a party animal.

I thought my super powers used to come from copious amounts of vodka, and if my super powers involve no volume control and offering my opinions at exactly the wrong time...then I guess it does give me super powers.

Haha I think it's sad that all our advice comes from alcohol and cigarettes. I use them alot too. Unfortunately for me, I'll be attending a Christmas party this Friday, organised by the company I'll work with next year. There will be a afternoon and evening event and an 'after evening' event which most probably involves some partying. The problem is that I'll have to deal with this with no alcohol or cigarettes. Furthermore, ill be one of the two new recruits joining the company, which means that we would be the only ones that don't know anybody else. I believe there will be some ice breaking games in the afternoon. These are somethings that I really am not looking forward to but am obliged to take part in. I want to take this as a challenge but am still very nervous about it.