enfp can be shy

people vs the bad people?
Donor
Oct 3, 2009
MBTI
enfp
Enneagram
-
Is it true that Generalization is a central tool for analyzing Intuition and Sensing? Meaning that N is expected to generalize more easily, and of course sometimes be wrong about it, while S is expected to be more hesitant with generalization, even when a large pool of empirical data is present. Both tendencies have pros and cons, therefore my guess is people actually balance between their N and S, with some side being slightly prevalent. Or did I just N-generalized again. What do you think?

I think N's will generalize slightly more then S types will. However it is only a slight difference. I think the biggest difference comes in with what kind of generalizations are made. At the moment I can't think of the types of things that differ in generalization. It is one of those things that you can just "see". I would say that N's tend to generalize the real world more, and S's generalize ideas more. Kind of the reverse of what each one lacks in, as it is easier to generalize information as to condense it.

The "Big picture" and "Detail" manifestations of Intuition and Sensing are more or less incidental. The actual difference is that Intuition is pattern-based/Interpretive information, and Sensing is literal/concrete information.

An Intuitive will look at two things and possibly say that they are both the same, because they are connected to the same pattern, while a Sensor might say the two are different, because they are different on a concrete and superficial level.

An Intuitive will look at two things and possibly say that they are both the same, because they are connected to the same pattern, while a Sensor might say the two are different, because they are different on a concrete and superficial level.
I agreed.
also, slightly generalizing, I think Intuitives will generalize in a more abstract way / using a more abstract criteria, while Sensors will use a defined set.