Finding my way | INFJ Forum

Finding my way

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by InsightFireNightJail, Sep 14, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
More threads by InsightFireNightJail
  1. InsightFireNightJail

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Not sure
    Hey. So, i'm new here. Took the MBTI 4 months ago at my therapists request and when I scored INFJ, she didn't really clue me into what that might mean. She focused on the introverted part, but I was already well aware of my introversion so I just dismissed it, thinking "alright, I still don't know what the hell is wrong with me." Then a couple days ago I was talking to long time friend (who I have always felt like we get each other) and we got to talking about MBTI and I said "I think I'm an INFJ" and she goes "Yeah, I am something very close to that or maybe even INFJ...can't remember, its been so long since I took it...I think it's like the most rare, 1% maybe."
    It floored me, I thought to myself "When was someone going to tell me this?" Anyway, I hit google and now I am here. I have read a bunch on here and now I have some questions for anyone willing to weigh in. (Apologize in advance if I this is in the wrong section)

I know there are a bunch to choose from but If you had to pick one, what is the best book/site/whatever to help me get into the nuances/ramifications/whatever of my (and other) MBTI types?

Again if you had to pick one, which type do you think is best to date? To have a non-draining, reciprocal friendship with?

I am a researcher/software developer and that doesn't show up on of the recommended job lists...any interpretation of that?

Is there a spiritual or religious bias among INFJs?

Any similar stories out there of struggling against themselves for a long time before figuring out their INFJness?

Are you tired of these questions yet?

Anything else I should know sooner rather than later?

Alright, here goes...i'm clicking "Submit New Thread" now.

2. KazeCraven

KazeCraven Graduated from Typology : May 2011
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    IEI
    Enneagram:
    6w5 sp/sx
    Hi,

I'd say really, if you're trying to get to know all the types, you might benefit more from watching people interact on a MBTI forum like here or typology central. But, if I had to give just one site, I'd say cognitiveprocesses.com, simply so that you start thinking in terms of function preference, rather than type descriptions.

As for finding your way in general, fortunately for you someone's made an INFJ handbook: infj.com

Hope that helps, and welcome to the forums!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Barnabas

Barnabas Time Lord

Threads:
    MBTI:
    wiblywobly
    Enneagram:
    timeywimey
    Also

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nixie

Nixie Resurrected

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTP
    Stay away from the INTJ's <jokes>

5. KorJax

KorJax Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    ?
    Or for that matter ISTP's unless said ISTPs are very mature and self-aware of who they are. Which I think can take a very long time due to the nature of that personality type (they don't tend to care about their personal feelings or the feelings of others so that side is very slow to develop).

6. Kgal

Kgal Magic Star Dust
    Site Supporter

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9 Mediator
    You made me laugh out loud with all of your questions and the way you presented them. I'd say you are definitely an INFJ.
    I was an engineer and accountant for almost 30 years before switching over to my dream (and very INFJ) career of being in the social services profession. Dont' worry about being a programmer. In my opinion that probably means you have/are developing the weaker aspects of our type.
    As for struggling against myself before finding out what I really was - oh YES. I am very grateful for finding this information and this Forum for it has helped me settle into myself once and for all.
    We never tire of questions.
    Welcome!:high5:

7. Entyqua

Entyqua Forgotten
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INF
    Enneagram:
    messed up
    I know there are a bunch to choose from but If you had to pick one, what is the best book/site/whatever to help me get into the nuances/ramifications/whatever of my (and other) MBTI types?

This site has been more helpful to me than any book, or the like.

Again if you had to pick one, which type do you think is best to date? To have a non-draining, reciprocal friendship with?

I am married to an INTJ...I have found a great deal of INFJ's tend to get on great with the INT variety...they are the introverted intuitive yin to our yang. I know there are other types that mesh well, but this is my personal take.

I am a researcher/software developer and that doesn't show up on of the recommended job lists...any interpretation of that?

I wouldn't worry about it. You might just have a well developed Te function...Dormant to your F, but still there. I love working with numbers like Accounting and such, SO not an INFJ interest lol

Is there a spiritual or religious bias among INFJs?

There seems to be as much difference among INFJs as there is in all other types...those who are religious are very dedicated, those that arent stick to their guns...

Any similar stories out there of struggling against themselves for a long time before figuring out their INFJness?

This is an all too common thing among us...we all have our stories to share...REad some of the member blogs you will find what you are looking for...

Are you tired of these questions yet?

NAh...

Anything else I should know sooner rather than later?

there is a lot of valuable information here...as to weather INFJ's are the rarest or not has been debated for a long time...but we are rare...Here you will find like minded people who totally get you as never before...it is uncanny!

8. OP
    InsightFireNightJail

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Not sure
    Thanks for replies

Hey, thanks for the replies. I am pretty amped now to find out the type of every good friend I have ever had. I made the last girl I was dating (who I am now just being friends with) take the test the other day, and she was ESFP. We had a great, fun connection but I did have reservations that she actually got me. Sure enough, I looked the pairing up last night and found almost identical stories! So awesome...