Finally took the test and survey says! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Finally took the test and survey says!

Understandable.

Have you ever considered errors in mbti sampling?

Well an argument could be made in my defence that i looked at a number of articles and posted various findings

So you could average them out and you'll get the impression as i have that INFJ males and INTJ females are the 'rarest of the rare'

But as i have stressed already this is not a good thing! Rather than being a point of pride as some non INFJ/INTJ folk might like to say in one of their almost knee-jerk anti-INFJ comments it is likely to cause the INFJ and INTJ massive headaches in their life (as can be attested by the various accounts on this forum and others like it)

Well an argument could be made in my defence that i looked at a number of articles and posted various findings

So you could average them out and you'll get the impression as i have that INFJ males and INTJ females are the 'rarest of the rare'

But as i have stressed already this is not a good thing! Rather than being a point of pride as some non INFJ/INTJ folk might like to say in one of their almost knee-jerk anti-INFJ comments it is likely to cause the INFJ and INTJ massive headaches in their life (as can be attested by the various accounts on this forum and others like it)

It is only your own opinion that it is not good that these types are rare. How have you determined this?

based on this forum where infjs are known to congregate, it is plain to see that many infjs do not enhance the quality of anyone's life. In fact based upon my observations, 1 infj has a better and greater effect on a population than several.

It is only your own opinion that it is not good that these types are rare. How have you determined this?

based on this forum where infjs are known to congregate, it is plain to see that many infjs do not enhance the quality of anyone's life. In fact based upon my observations, 1 infj has a better and greater effect on a population than several.

Well that issue is one of those rare occaisions where i have to agree with the eranjee guy who does all the MBTI videos on youtube...

which is to say that many of the people claiming to be INFJ's are not INFJ's

So a lot of the people you are forming your opinions about might not necessarily be INFJ's (if i had a pound for every time i've seen someone come to the forum saying they are an 'INFJ' ony for them to later change their MBTI i would be a very wealthy man)

For example a forumite recently started a thread on this very thing asking why do so many INFP's say they are INFJ's?

I certainly wouldn't say that this forum is full of INFJ's but it could claim to have a higher percentage then many public congregation points; from what i've seen over the years the feeling types have had to often fight hard to hold their ground in this forum and i've seen a number driven off by left brained beligerance

Concerning whether the world would be a better place with more INFJ's who are known to be humanitarian in outlook...well let's be honest.....looking around at the world no one could do any worse than how things currently are

Last edited:
Well that issue is one of those rare occaisions where i have to agree with the eranjee guy who does all the MBTI videos on youtube...

which is to say that many of the people claiming to be INFJ's are not INFJ's

So a lot of the people you are forming your opinions about might not necessarily be INFJ's (if i had a pound for every time i've seen someone come to the forum saying they are an 'INFJ' ony for them to later change their MBTI i would be a very wealthy man)

For example a forumite recently started a thread on this very thing asking why do so many INFP's say they are INFJ's?

I certainly wouldn't say that this forum is full of INFJ's but it could claim to have a higher percentage then many public congregation points; from what i've seen over the years the feeling types have had to often fight hard to hold their ground in this forum and i've seen a number driven off by left brained beligerance

Concerning whether the world would be a better place with more INFJ's who are known to be humanitarian in outlook...well let's be honest.....looking around at the world no one could do any worse than how things currently are

You don't think the world could be worse? You have quite a warped view.

Since you dismiss that the infj forum has more infjs than anywhere else, idk where to go from here.

edit

i do believe that nature apparently wanted infjs to not be plentiful and to have more of a centralized effect on a population as opposed to being plentiful and having a population that consistently hugs and is eaten by wildlife. This seems to coincide with the shamanistic aspect that I often seen associated with infjs.

You don't think the world could be worse? You have quite a warped view.

It's very possible that i'm aware of some things going on in the world that you aren't yet aware of

Since you dismiss that the infj forum has more infjs than anywhere else, idk where to go from here.

I didn't say that! I said it has got a higher percentage than many public gatherings

many INFJ's will come here after taking a test like i did expecting to find a place full of INFJ's; they won't but they will find a very cool place anyway! :)

edit

i do believe that nature apparently wanted infjs to not be plentiful and to have more of a centralized effect on a population as opposed to being plentiful and having a population that consistently hugs and is eaten by wildlife. This seems to coincide with the shamanistic aspect that I often seen associated with infjs.

I'm not gonna try and hug a tiger...though i won't walk past an interesting tree without at least a little caress

Last edited:
Both types are said to be rare. Who is the rarest of the two seems to be inconsequential.

Nope. You are slighty wrong. The rarest of the rare, or the first among the rarest is the INFJ male alone.
That IS important, because they are rarer.

The problem with INFJs having a significant impact on the human society lies with characteristics that are valued and rewarded by that very same society. In order to be able to change things, one must climb the ladder, preferably a political one. That assumes ambition and oftentimes lack of empathy towards those that are perceived as an obstacle. Furthermore, desire for power usually collides with any egalitarian notions that an INFJ is supposed to possess. So traits that are valued within the political realm are not those that can be found in the INFJ type. Extortion, unpleasant compromises and going against your own beliefs is something that is not so easily achieved, at least not for the MBTI type in question. In order for a person of power to offer you a position of power he/she has to make sure that you will follow their rules, which means they HAVE to have something to control you with in case you suddenly decide to go renegade on them. Sometimes you have to make deals with the criminal underground, which means killers, drug dealers, human traffickers, etc. A person that can't be bought is an extremely dangerous person and is either eliminated or threatened with the lives of his/her family. Usually those individuals are dismissed at the very beginning of their "political career". It's not just about politics, but any ladder for that matter. A spine is an obstacle, not in the least a positive trait when it comes to acquiring a position of influence.

Nope. You are slighty wrong. The rarest of the rare, or the first among the rarest is the INFJ male alone.
That IS important, because they are rarer.

What with all the wonderful qualities (infjs) possess that you so eloquently expressed in your mbti thread, the world should be ecstatic at their rareness, no?

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that you are correct. What difference does that make in your life, or anyone's life for that matter? Zero. Maybe you need to believe this to feel special and unique. Then go right ahead. Believe that these empty headed, completely clueless, immature people are the number one rarity around. Those compliments were your words by the way. So I guess we should be thanking you for keeping your numbers low? Pat on the back.

There is no way to know for sure if your opinion is accurate, but really, no one cares. This I am certain of.

Reactions: muir
mmm come here intj *grabby hands*

Reactions: cvp12gh5
What with all the wonderful qualities (infjs) possess that you so eloquently expressed in your mbti thread, the world should be ecstatic at their rareness, no?
Ehh, those are only weaknesess. But INFJs do have strenght too. Don't mess with a INFJ. Ever. Its for your own good. I'm not sarcastic here. I'm pretty serious.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that you are correct.
I was just sarcastic with my comment. I don't know if INFJs are the rarest, and I don't consider it that important. Althought my opinion is that they are not quite that rare, but I don't know for certain.

What difference does that make in your life, or anyone's life for that matter? Zero. Maybe you need to believe this to feel special and unique.
Sure. (I am sarcastic again, don't take it for serious).

Then go right ahead. Believe that these empty headed, completely clueless, immature people are the number one rarity around.
Like i said, INFjs have strenght too. Some of the biggest players in the world in history were INFJs, if not the majority of them were INFJs.

Those compliments were your words by the way. So I guess we should be thanking you for keeping your numbers low? Pat on the back.

There is no way to know for sure if your opinion is accurate, but really, no one cares. This I am certain of.
Really? No one cares, and you are certain?
Maybe I should cry a bit...I'd hope that someone cares rather.

The problem with INFJs having a significant impact on the human society lies with characteristics that are valued and rewarded by that very same society. In order to be able to change things, one must climb the ladder, preferably a political one. That assumes ambition and oftentimes lack of empathy towards those that are perceived as an obstacle. Furthermore, desire for power usually collides with any egalitarian notions that an INFJ is supposed to possess. So traits that are valued within the political realm are not those that can be found in the INFJ type. Extortion, unpleasant compromises and going against your own beliefs is something that is not so easily achieved, at least not for the MBTI type in question. In order for a person of power to offer you a position of power he/she has to make sure that you will follow their rules, which means they HAVE to have something to control you with in case you suddenly decide to go renegade on them. Sometimes you have to make deals with the criminal underground, which means killers, drug dealers, human traffickers, etc. A person that can't be bought is an extremely dangerous person and is either eliminated or threatened with the lives of his/her family. Usually those individuals are dismissed at the very beginning of their "political career". It's not just about politics, but any ladder for that matter. A spine is an obstacle, not in the least a positive trait when it comes to acquiring a position of influence.

I think this is why INFJ's influence things from the wings

They are not the loud mouthed politicians or the flashy businessman who are out front lapping up the limelight and getting involved in the treacherous cut and thrust of power games; they are the people who are just quietly and steadily doing their thing and speaking their truth

In the past they would have been the shamans on the fringes of the community, now they are often writers and commentators on the fringes of the community

There are many INFJ's doing regular jobs as well but in terms of being influential i'm saying INFJ's are not necessarily going to be the ones exerting influence through the usual channels for the reasons you give.....they are not going to enagage with the machiavellian worlds of politics or finance etc...it would make them sick in many ways

The rise of the alternative media is seeing a lot of INFJ's finding a voice

Ehh, those are only weaknesess. But INFJs do have strenght too. Don't mess with a INFJ. Ever. Its for your own good. I'm not sarcastic here. I'm pretty serious.

I was just sarcastic with my comment. I don't know if INFJs are the rarest, and I don't consider it that important. Althought my opinion is that they are not quite that rare, but I don't know for certain.

Sure. (I am sarcastic again, don't take it for serious).

Like i said, INFjs have strenght too. Some of the biggest players in the world in history were INFJs, if not the majority of them were INFJs.

Really? No one cares, and you are certain?
Maybe I should cry a bit...I'd hope that someone cares rather.

I'm glad we agree that infjs have many strengths. The majority of them are wonderful people. I wouldn't be here if I felt otherwise.

Go ahead and cry. Tears make me uncomfortable, but I am on your turf (feeler forum).

I want to say something. You all are like a bunch of pandas but not. You dont have any fur or....

I give up.

I can relate.

My official MBTI test results are usually something like

T and F - 50/50
J and P - 50/50

It took me a while to establish my type correctly.

Ahem.....Anyway.
Congratulations! You have begun your journey of finding your true MBTI.
The journey might last for weeks, months, years. Who knows.
Do whatever it takes to find out the truth, soldier. I don't accept giving up. :m105:

It seems to me that everyone perceives INFJs as whimps such as from The Glee or that Modern family abomination. Just because a guy is emasculated does not mean he is sn INFJ. Furthermore, INFJs are not Jesus and you Will get smacked if you cross the line. All of that extroverted loud mouth crap is just that, crap. Most extroverts are loud but when the shit hits the fan they fill their pants. Not everything is as it seems. It would be prudent to remember that.

It seems to me that everyone perceives INFJs as whimps such as from The Glee or that Modern family abomination. Just because a guy is emasculated does not mean he is sn INFJ. Furthermore, INFJs are not Jesus and you Will get smacked if you cross the line. All of that extroverted loud mouth crap is just that, crap. Most extroverts are loud but when the shit hits the fan they fill their pants. Not everything is as it seems. It would be prudent to remember that.

There is somethink of the ESTP character in every INFJ.
If they love, they love wholeheartedly. If they hate, they do it wholeheartedly. There are no half measures in ESTPs and INFJs...there is something fiery, obstinate and deadly about those types...a straight direction in every of their actions.
There isn't any of that not even in the cholerics...