Finally took the test and survey says!

cvp12gh5

What a lovely way to burn...
Oct 5, 2012
MBTI
Intui
Enneagram
Thinking
Looks like the only think I can be certain about is the NT. Perceiving and judging are 50/50 and the I/E are almost the same.

Any questions I can ask myself to clear this up?

Actualized type: INTJ
(who you are)
Introverted (I) 51.61% Extroverted (E) 48.39%
Intuitive (N) 57.89% Sensing (S) 42.11%
Thinking (T) 60% Feeling (F) 40%
Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.
*The current algorithm breaks the tie randomly so refresh the page to see alternate results

Preferred type: ENTJ
(who you prefer to be)
Extroverted (E) 51.61% Introverted (I) 48.39%
Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
Thinking (T) 59.46% Feeling (F) 40.54%
Judging (J) 64.71% Perceiving (P) 35.29%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.
*The current algorithm breaks the tie randomly so refresh the page to see alternate results

Attraction type: INTJ
(who you are attracted to)
Introverted (I) 63.41% Extroverted (E) 36.59%
Intuitive (N) 60% Sensing (S) 40%
Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
Judging (J) 65.52% Perceiving (P) 34.48%

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

Reactions: Switchgirl
Does this describe you?
What parts don't match your personality?
Also read the INTP version. Check the same.

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTJ.html

As an INTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning. They value intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and typically have high standards in these regards, which they continuously strive to fulfill. To a somewhat lesser extent, they have similar expectations of others.

With Introverted Intuition dominating their personality, INTJs focus their energy on observing the world, and generating ideas and possibilities. Their mind constantly gathers information and makes associations about it. They are tremendously insightful and usually are very quick to understand new ideas. However, their primary interest is not understanding a concept, but rather applying that concept in a useful way. Unlike the INTP, they do not follow an idea as far as they possibly can, seeking only to understand it fully. INTJs are driven to come to conclusions about ideas. Their need for closure and organization usually requires that they take some action.

INTJ's tremendous value and need for systems and organization, combined with their natural insightfulness, makes them excellent scientists. An INTJ scientist gives a gift to society by putting their ideas into a useful form for others to follow. It is not easy for the INTJ to express their internal images, insights, and abstractions. The internal form of the INTJ's thoughts and concepts is highly individualized, and is not readily translatable into a form that others will understand. However, the INTJ is driven to translate their ideas into a plan or system that is usually readily explainable, rather than to do a direct translation of their thoughts. They usually don't see the value of a direct transaction, and will also have difficulty expressing their ideas, which are non-linear. However, their extreme respect of knowledge and intelligence will motivate them to explain themselves to another person who they feel is deserving of the effort.

INTJs are natural leaders, although they usually choose to remain in the background until they see a real need to take over the lead. When they are in leadership roles, they are quite effective, because they are able to objectively see the reality of a situation, and are adaptable enough to change things which aren't working well. They are the supreme strategists - always scanning available ideas and concepts and weighing them against their current strategy, to plan for every conceivable contingency.

INTJs spend a lot of time inside their own minds, and may have little interest in the other people's thoughts or feelings. Unless their Feeling side is developed, they may have problems giving other people the level of intimacy that is needed. Unless their Sensing side is developed, they may have a tendency to ignore details which are necessary for implementing their ideas.

The INTJ's interest in dealing with the world is to make decisions, express judgments, and put everything that they encounter into an understandable and rational system. Consequently, they are quick to express judgments. Often they have very evolved intuitions, and are convinced that they are right about things. Unless they complement their intuitive understanding with a well-developed ability to express their insights, they may find themselves frequently misunderstood. In these cases, INTJs tend to blame misunderstandings on the limitations of the other party, rather than on their own difficulty in expressing themselves. This tendency may cause the INTJ to dismiss others input too quickly, and to become generally arrogant and elitist.

INTJs are ambitious, self-confident, deliberate, long-range thinkers. Many INTJs end up in engineering or scientific pursuits, although some find enough challenge within the business world in areas which involve organizing and strategic planning. They dislike messiness and inefficiency, and anything that is muddled or unclear. They value clarity and efficiency, and will put enormous amounts of energy and time into consolidating their insights into structured patterns.

Other people may have a difficult time understanding an INTJ. They may see them as aloof and reserved. Indeed, the INTJ is not overly demonstrative of their affections, and is likely to not give as much praise or positive support as others may need or desire. That doesn't mean that he or she doesn't truly have affection or regard for others, they simply do not typically feel the need to express it. Others may falsely perceive the INTJ as being rigid and set in their ways. Nothing could be further from the truth, because the INTJ is committed to always finding the objective best strategy to implement their ideas. The INTJ is usually quite open to hearing an alternative way of doing something.

When under a great deal of stress, the INTJ may become obsessed with mindless repetitive, Sensate activities, such as over-drinking. They may also tend to become absorbed with minutia and details that they would not normally consider important to their overall goal.

INTJs need to remember to express themselves sufficiently, so as to avoid difficulties with people misunderstandings. In the absence of properly developing their communication abilities, they may become abrupt and short with people, and isolationists.

INTJs have a tremendous amount of ability to accomplish great things. They have insight into the Big Picture, and are driven to synthesize their concepts into solid plans of action. Their reasoning skills gives them the means to accomplish that. INTJs are most always highly competent people, and will not have a problem meeting their career or education goals. They have the capability to make great strides in these arenas. On a personal level, the INTJ who practices tolerances and puts effort into effectively communicating their insights to others has everything in his or her power to lead a rich and rewarding life.

Wow, you are the rarest of the rare.
Like the last panda ever. Except with no bamboo. Or panda fur. Or panda body. Pretty much not a panda but rare. Like the last frog only not because frogs arent extinct. Yet.

Oh one other thing. You were telling me a story about how you were laughing about what your boyfriend said. Do you feel as if you laugh a lot?

Oh one other thing. You were telling me a story about how you were laughing about what your boyfriend said. Do you feel as if you laugh a lot?

That would be contingent on the material. When I do it's not noticeable. It's an internal laugh that looks more like a smirk. I make one question if their joke was that funny. They appear disappointed with my lack of a response. That's usually a result of the joke not being a good one, but when something does tickle my funny bone you will see me smirk.

If something causes me to break out into a full smile then that is noteworthy. I thoroughly enjoyed it. That type of humor usually falls under one of the following categories-dark, ironic, witty, sarcastic or political humor.

When someone picks up on my sarcastic remarks without me having to announce it, then I am pleased and the smirk appears. Having to explain sarcasm and humor is mind numbing.

My friend is the same way. We laugh on the inside and appear indifferent on the outside.

Last edited:
That would be contingent on the material. When I do it's not noticeable. It's an internal laugh that looks more like a smirk. I make one question if their joke was that funny. They appear disappointed with my lack of a response. That's usually a result of the joke not being a good one, but when something does tickle my funny bone you will see me smirk.

If something causes me to break out into a full smile then that is noteworthy. I thoroughly enjoyed it. That type of humor usually falls under one of the following categories-dark, ironic, witty, sarcastic or political humor.

When someone picks up on my sarcastic remarks without me having to announce it, then I am pleased and the smirk appears. Having to explain sarcasm and humor is mind numbing.

My friend is the same way. We laugh on the inside and appear indifferent on the outside.
Smirking is notably different than laughing.

Smirking is definately an INTJ thing

INTJ's are what a comedian might term a 'tough crowd' to humour

INFJ's enjoy a laugh and will laugh freely and willingly, including a good belly laugh! They are likely to perceive humour as good for the soul

Concerning INTJ's being the 'rarest of the rare' as EH says that is not true

INFJ's are rarer than INTJ's although not by much and only one quarter of INFJ's are males so the rarest of the rare would technically be male INFJ's

Rather then proudly wearing a 'special snowflake' badge i think if you speak to male INFJ's they would be more likely to strongly lament the shortage of INFJ's in society

I'm not trying to steal anyones thunder...just setting the record straight

Smirking is definately an INTJ thing

INTJ's are what a comedian might term a 'tough crowd' to humour

INFJ's enjoy a laugh and will laugh freely and willingly, including a good belly laugh! They are likely to perceive humour as good for the soul

Concerning INTJ's being the 'rarest of the rare' as EH says that is not true

INFJ's are rarer than INTJ's although not by much and only one quarter of INFJ's are males so the rarest of the rare would technically be male INFJ's

Rather then proudly wearing a 'special snowflake' badge i think if you speak to male INFJ's they would be more likely to strongly lament the shortage of INFJ's in society

I'm not trying to steal anyones thunder...just setting the record straight

My understanding is that intj women are the rarest of the rare muir.

My understanding is that intj women are the rarest of the rare muir.

How so?

INFJ's are 1% of the population. Male INFJ's are one quarter of those which means that INFJ men are 0.25% of the population

If INTJ's make up 1-2% of the population what percentage of those are women?

EDIT According to this article you are correct, with INTJ women followed closely by ENTJ women:

http://www.knowyourtype.com/myers-briggs-percentages/

2nd EDIT (lol)

This article previously shown on this forum says different though with male INFJ's equal with female INTJ's at 0.5%!

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13957

Last edited:
How so?

INFJ's are 1% of the population. Male INFJ's are one quarter of those which means that INFJ men are 0.25% of the population

If INTJ's make up 1-2% of the population what percentage of those are women?

EDIT According to this article you are correct, with INTJ women followed closely by ENTJ women:

http://www.knowyourtype.com/myers-briggs-percentages/

2nd EDIT (lol)

This article previously shown on this forum says different though with male INFJ's equal with female INTJ's at 0.5%!

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13957

Exactly. There will never be an absolute answer on this. Well just say rare, perhaps rarest.

Calling me out though and saying I am wrong about an off handed comment I made in the first place is interesting though.

Exactly. There will never be an absolute answer on this. Well just say rare, perhaps rarest.

i think you could reasonably say to an INTJ woman that she is the rarest of the rare along with INFJ men

To meet one of either (if they are 0.25%) of the population you will have to go through 400 people

This is to say that if you are sitting in a hall of 400 people (randomly selected) then in that room there will by probablity be 1 INFJ male and 1 INTJ female

That's not a good reality for those types but such is life. Personally i will be having words with the management when i cross over

Last edited:
Both types are said to be rare. Who is the rarest of the two seems to be inconsequential.

My panda post had two faces. Acknowledgement and attempted humor.
So...are done :deadhorse: yet?

:)

Reactions: cvp12gh5
Both types are said to be rare. Who is the rarest of the two seems to be inconsequential.

It IS inconsequential

But if i hear someone say something that is untrue i feel compelled to put the record straight (if you look at my posts in general you'll see i do it a lot) and the reason i do it is because i believe that the reason the world is able to be so mesed up is because of the perpetuation of fallacies

In short there's too much bullshit floating around

What is the point of communication if not to get to the truth? (some might argue the point is to gain advantage even through deceit...i'd call them the reason the world is so messed up)

The measure of who is what concerning mbti seems to be unmeasurable going by what we KNOW [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] (something you seem to do rarely if at all) what we know is defined by no single test and only a small sampling of humanity. With percentages that small concerning the difference of intj and infj we cant come up with any accurate conclusion.

So thank you for taking time out of your busy day to call attention to this. I am honestly sitting here in a state of mild amusement, annoyance, befuddlement and indifference all at the same time. Its just a matter of picking one to stick with. Oh oh, there it is. Indifference it is.

Wow thank you for all those feelings but now Ill be on my way.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
The measure of who is what concerning mbti seems to be unmeasurable going by what we KNOW @muir (something you seem to do rarely if at all) what we know is defined by no single test and only a small sampling of humanity. With percentages that small concerning the difference of intj and infj we cant come up with any accurate conclusion.

So thank you for taking time out of your busy day to call attention to this. I am honestly sitting here in a state of mild amusement, annoyance, befuddlement and indifference all at the same time. Its just a matter of picking one to stick with. Oh oh, there it is. Indifference it is.

Wow thank you for all those feelings but now Ill be on my way.

Just keepin it real

It IS inconsequential

But if i hear someone say something that is untrue i feel compelled to put the record straight (if you look at my posts in general you'll see i do it a lot) and the reason i do it is because i believe that the reason the world is able to be so mesed up is because of the perpetuation of fallacies

In short there's too much bullshit floating around

What is the point of communication if not to get to the truth? (some might argue the point is to gain advantage even through deceit...i'd call them the reason the world is so messed up)

Understandable.

Have you ever considered errors in mbti sampling?

Where it might become consequential is when people discuss things like compatibility

You might hear people on this forum lamenting not being able to find compatible friends or lovers

Well statistically if they are drawn to niche types they are goig to have to trawl through much larger numbers of people to find someone compatible

And they have to do that whilst being introverted :eek: (the cosmos has a dark sense of humour) (in my minds eye i can almost see you doing an INTJ smirk right now)