Flavus Aquila

Finding My Place in the Sun
Banned
Mar 14, 2009
Australia
MBTI
INTJ - A
Enneagram
Post your favourite style(s) period(s) and maybe even include examples.

My favourite: 1930's Art Deco (more a decoration style than a true art style).

The clean, geometric lines are so understated and harmonious - I think my ideal would be a combination of art-deco building and furnishing, decorated with neo-gothic murals/mosaics.

Art-Deco5.jpg
chess%20set%20deco.jpg
Art_Deco_shakers.jpg
coffee_set%20057.JPG
450px-NewIndiaAssuranceBdg.jpg

Last edited:
What are the two buildings?

My favorite is the impressionist period (Monet, Renoir, Cassatt, etc.), music (e.g., Ravel, Debussy, etc.) included.

But, I love almost all art. The first thing I do in a new city (to me) is go to its art museums. I have no artistic talent (excepting music--I am a competent amateur pianist), but I sure do appreciate art.

Victorian Era-

Victorian style interior-

Victorian-Interior-Decorating.jpg

Something like this with the bookshelves out of mahogany wood and dimmer lights, and this would be one of my favorite.

Gothic Architecture.

Art period- 19th century impressionist movement in Europe.

Romantic Period in Art

courbet-01l.jpg

Reactions: TheLastMohican
Impressionism, minimalism, prog & melectro (old school melodic electro); something I'd like to call progressive minimalism, which I'm still not that certain what would be, but experimenting towards. Also, ametric and hydraulophonic stuff. In essence: the clash between discrete and continuous thinking, and the resulting mutual approximations of the two. I realize that this is already quite boring by the way, because this clash explored in the late 20th century will likely end up in favor of continuous thinking. So now am getting more into inter-species communication via art, and selection by animals' choice of art pattern evolution, i.e. simulate how human art would evolve through the cognition of other species.
claude-monet-paintings-1873-1878-5.jpg
AAAAAnxuhdoAAAAAALcX4g.jpg

edit: Forgot self-defined fractal art, eg: GEB, NKS. It fits well with the miniprog vision.

P.S. Btw, deco-keyboard :), FA may be interested: http://www.datamancer.net/keyboards/deco1/deco1.htm

Last edited:
art nouveau is pretty C:

art_nouveau_mermaid.jpg

Reactions: Gaze