Eye contact | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Eye contact

Hitler is said to have stared at people at times so intensely that he unsettled them. The INFJ stare is supposed to be soul-piercing. This makes sense. The mix of depth (Ni), Fe and Ti with wide lens Se allows a penetrating, very human look. We are judging people with our eyes in a very pure way. We see through the bullshit. In some ways, I think we have the eyes of a child. The wisdom of innocence.

Reactions: Sandie33
It's quiet strange how little we are taught about life from anyone around us and how little we understand others perspectives. I'm a guy, so It's taken me a long time to kind of 'get' how females think (in a very general sense) and I strongly suggest men avoid strong eye contact with women, under most circumstances it really does scare the crap out of them. You shouldn't really play around with it, there are certain things that can be kind of alluded to, like "I'm into you", which I had a women trying to give me her number once, but on the other end it freaks the living crap out of most women if done wrong. Guy's usually don't really know how to take it or they feel threatened.

Contrarily, I quiet like how some of the spiritual teachers refer to eye contact. Seeing through the eyes of the heart.

I think my eye contact has freaked a female out recently. She avoids my eyes now. Still struggling to understand women sadly.

Reactions: Enso
I think my eye contact has freaked a female out recently. She avoids my eyes now. Still struggling to understand women sadly.

Edited post just to simplify what I was saying:

Women are highly attuned to danger, unfortunately danger is synonymous with any abnormal social interaction, which sometimes just naturally occur. I've gotten jump scares from women before just because I got up too fast. The eyes are a very important aperture for communication or in this case abnormal communication.

Last edited:
Yes it’s easy to fail to appreciate that as a man, even if we have no intention of ever hurting a woman. Seeing the other person’s perspective can be a valuable and tricky part of life.