Extroverted INFJs?? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Extroverted INFJs??

INFJs can be really ENFJ-ish a lot of the time. I can act almost completely like the ENFJ profile would suggest, but I know that I prefer keeping things to smaller groups and having alone time.

Don't worry. Because of Fe, we not only get extroverted, but we have a need for socialization with people. It's healthy and good for an INFJ to have at least a small portion of their lifestyle to be extroverted and social.

Hey Mystic, I can definitely relate to you.

When needed, that is, when people need me to, I will become heavily extraverted. I can become ENFJ and keep a whole group of people together when needed. However, in different situations, where an ENFJ is already present and doing those things, I will adapt and become more introverted, except when I notice a couple people falling out of the conversation, I'll go become chatty with them to get them back in.

I'm pretty sure I'm INFJ I really don't like meeting thousands of people, I prefer 1on1 more intimate conversations, you can't get to know people in groups of 3 or more. I'd rather have depth over breadth (ENFP/ESFP) in relationships. But when needed, I can play the part.

Well, when I have a lot of time to myself I am definitely an extrovert when I come back to the social scene which some people find strange.

Last edited:
When I've read descriptions of INFJs, it often says that we can appear as extroverts because we have good people skills ,even though we are introverts. However we always need time to recharge in solitude after spending much time with with people. This may not be 100% for every INFJ I'm sure. It also orients INFJs towards social service jobs, so even though INFJs are introverted many of us may also be good at working with people.
Again not everyone will fit this 100%, so I guess it really all depends.

I feel more energised alone rather than when I'm in the company of a lot of people. If the situation requires I can be very extroverted but that's only if I'm around people that I feel comfortable with.