Evolution Based on Ideals, Ideas and Thoughts

Naxx

Permanent Fixture
Sep 4, 2008
MBTI
ESTP
Enneagram
9w0
A person asked what was the deal with personality types, why are some more common than others. I responded "The environment plays a big role, as the overall meaning of humanity changes so does the percentages of personality types. Each type has something integral to offer to the path of our species. Then the next question would be, what is our current path and what do these types offer to that broad vision?"

I always had a hunch it was sort of like this but it took biologists to actually prove it in some sense. As discovered, DNA mutations are not random but selected in reaction to changes in it's environment. If that is so then it is the physical reality that has influenced a chain of reactions that lead to the evolution of monkeys and then finally to us. However in our current stage of civilization, we change and create our own environments for the most part. It's true even the tallest skyscrapers are still part of nature as it came from the earth but none of the less we shape it to the ideas within our minds. Perhaps we are not evolving to nature anymore but instead ideas itself. This totally changes the key factor itself, survival. No longer is survival based on procreation of our genes but in fact our ideas and the societies we belong to and endorse. It is for ideas that we now fight wars.

Humanity is truly heading into a new stage of enlightenment through unity, agreement and goals. Even though I may not be alive to see it, we will eventually be one unit and become a whole species and exchange ideas with other species. No different than how you and me communicate, different species will communicate. No different than all the cells in our body communicating and working as one "person". This leads me to wonder about the life and death of our universe itself, as it collides with another reality a new universe would be born (yeah all of this is theory).

Just to argue the other point...

I believe that there will allways be seperations between people based on where they live, the families they are born into, and the wealth that they have.

There will never be a total unity for one simple fact, there needs to be workers and managers. If there isn't a working class to exicute any planed labor, and managers to plan the labor, then our current economy wouldn't work.

On top of that, there will allways be groups that feel that they are better then others. There will never be a total end to bigots, raciests, and all-around-jackasses that feel that they are better then others.

There will allways be some that want to lead everyone else, while there will allways be some that want to do nothing but follow, or follow no one at all. To think that there will be some sort of ulteme unity between all people is very wishful thinking. We have been nearly the same throughout all of our history when it comes to that respect.

The only future I see for us is utter distruction one day due to war, famine, aliens, or the sun finaly exploding. We will end one day, plain and simple.

Yes there is still the key factor of survival, it's just that survival is becoming more of a balance between functioning in our individual groups (which will always happen as long as we have free will and opinions to go with) and functioning as humanity as a whole. This is happening through globalisation and as a global community we value those with the ideas that propel us forward in the fields of living longer and almost creating an invincibility about our race. We value the security of being able to defeat what lies in our path.

As for communicating with other species and such, on a level we already are. Our pets do our bidding and some have been known to rise against their owners when they don't like whats happening expressing a form of opinion. Whether a species will eventually end up doing something about us, coz lets face it we've made life hell for alot of species out there, is yet to be seen.

Is humanity to be wiped out like dinosaurs or overthrown?

Our ideas are all based on the natural world. We're not evolving to ideas, our ideas are evolving to our environment. So we are still evolving to nature. Though we are able to manipulate nature and our environments to some extent (only when we're able to survive easily in an environment, that is.).. Everything is still founded upon the natural world and natural laws etc. etc. whatever.

The easier it is for us to survive through evolution or adaptation, the more complex our minds and ideas become. Many say humans are making the world uninhabitable. If that's the case, then it's going to be harder to survive and there will be less abstract thought leading to ideas.

I think it's likely we will go the other way than what you theorize.

Our ideas are all based on the natural world. We're not evolving to ideas, our ideas are evolving to our environment. So we are still evolving to nature. Though we are able to manipulate nature and our environments to some extent (only when we're able to survive easily in an environment, that is.).. Everything is still founded upon the natural world and natural laws etc. etc. whatever.

The easier it is for us to survive through evolution or adaptation, the more complex our minds and ideas become. Many say humans are making the world uninhabitable. If that's the case, then it's going to be harder to survive and there will be less abstract thought leading to ideas.

I think it's likely we will go the other way than what you theorize.

When survival will no longer be an issue the only thing that would remain are ideas. True, you could say everything started from nature and it's importance will be always be there as we are all made out of the stuff of the big bang. However the limitations it once has had on humans will be gone and we will be left with but our ideas and what people define as "progression". In that sense thoughts itself will become the key factor of environment not nature.