Ever heard of a medical billing software? | INFJ Forum

Ever heard of a medical billing software?

spudscoffee

Community Member
Apr 29, 2014
MBTI
do not know
Ever heard of a medical billing software? My father who is a physician asked me to research about it, his fellow physicians are encouraging him to get the said software. He also mentioned to be about EHR which is a digital version of a patient’s medical records. Can anyone please help me this and explain to me what are the features of these software as well as their functions? TIA!

First thing you are going to want to do is get on Google and search for medical billing software. From there, you can also Google the rest of your query!

Reactions: the
Ever heard of a medical billing software? My father who is a physician asked me to research about it, his fellow physicians are encouraging him to get the said software. He also mentioned to be about EHR which is a digital version of a patient’s medical records. Can anyone please help me this and explain to me what are the features of these software as well as their functions? TIA!
Billing software? I know there are companies that will bill insurance agencies for medical providers but given how complicated those transactions can be and how much money is at stake is it really something a provider would be comfortable farming out of house?

https://www.healthit.gov/providers-professionals/faqs/what-electronic-health-record-ehr

It's just framework for billing and record keeping. Lots of health systems have their own, which they can contract with software companies to develop for them. It's just meant as software that will let electronic health records (patient files) and the services provided, treatment plans, etc, to be catalogued conveniently so that they can be retrieved without a big hassle if necessary. The information is encoded so it is easier for an insurance company to identify a patient, what services they received, and why. Much of the information is coded which may, for example, help an insurance company to decide what costs will be covered or excluded from coverage. Regulatory agencies may also use the information to ensure that treatment standards are upheld.

This is like the opposite of research haha. Icd-9 all the way!

Reactions: acd
ICD-10 now. The book is about 4 times the size of the ICD-9 and a pain in the butt to navigate.

Thanks for the help, guys. I did google stuff online and found number EHRs but I was looking to see if anyone can share their first hand experience on using a medical billing software like this one. It's the vendor that was recommended by his colleagues and he's wanting to get a demo soon but I've read that before going for a vendor, you need to schedule a demo with at least 3 vendors to come up with the best choice. He's old and my main concern is him struggling on navigation so I think a user friendly software would work best for him.

hCue is one of the leading EHR software provider inside India. If you looking medical billing software then you find hCue for best software with finest price tag.

I don't know if my experience would be any help, I've used multiple EHR systems (EPIC, AOD, Allscripts) but I have never had to deal with the billing aspect. I work on the patient care end. I'm also fairly tech savvy so I've found most of them to be pretty user friendly once you get used to them.

ICD-10 now. The book is about 4 times the size of the ICD-9 and a pain in the butt to navigate.

ICD-10 is waaay more specific than ICD-9, lol, almost to the point of being ridiculous. It took me a bit to get used to it once it switched over, and it's still a bit of a pain even now, months later. Other countries have been using it for longer though, so at least we're on the same page, I suppose.

If you are looking for medical billing software? I found one platform. SoftwareSuggest listed on top medical billing software with demo, features, price quote and much more.