equally an INFP an ENFP | INFJ Forum

equally an INFP an ENFP

Have you (INFJs) ever been hopelessly in love with an equally an INFP/ENFP.

• I have been or am hopelessly in love with an equally an INFP/ENFP.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I have been or am hopelessly in love with an equally an INFP.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I have been or am hopelessly in love with an equally an ENFP.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I have never been hopelessly in love with anyone.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Stu

Town Drunkard
Donor
Oct 30, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
I have recently been informed that a woman I was hopelessly in love with when I was in my mid to late 20's was equally an INFP and an ENFP. I am an INFJ man. So I am curious, Have any of you INFJs had a similar experience.

Last edited:
I have a thing for ENFPs, but mostly as friends and they like me too. I never had a crush on one.

I've met shy ENFPs before. I know one who only seems to be comfortable talking to women. I've known one bubbly INFP--I thought she was an ENFP but my wife, who knows her well, told me there was no way. I have easily become infatuated with both the male (platonic) and female INFPs, but these have never turned out well. There is a cognitive dissonance. My understanding of inter-type relations is that INJs and INPs can have trouble understanding each other.

The longest relationship I've had was with an INFP. I tested as an INFP then too.

I have recently been informed that a woman I was hopelessly in love with when I was in my mid to late 20's was equally an INFP and an ENFP. I am an INFJ man. So I am curious, Have any of you INFJs had a similar experience.

I think my first Girl Friend was an INFP. So no your not alone. god I miss her.

how was it that she was both?

I do not know but I had her take the test twice and that's what she said. She seemed well versed in it at the time.

Her I/E must have been balanced well.

Last edited:
As an ENFP, I would say that I'm like that too. I can be shy when it comes to meeting new people, but if I get to know you, I'll be a very extroverted person, with them at least. All the MBTI typing tests that I have taken have shown that I am an INFP, but I really enjoy being around people too. I think it also has to do with my experiences and environment.

Anyways, this is me blabbering, so I'm off.
:m139:

No offense to your friend, but if she is saying she is both an ENFP and an INFP, then she is probably not very well versed in MBTI.

Because you can't be both? OK

No offense to your friend, but if she is saying she is both an ENFP and an INFP, then she is probably not very well versed in MBTI.

Because you can't be both? OK

The mind is incredibly adaptive. It's very possible to be a switch type. Hell, I'm one (INFJ / ENFJ). All it takes is very borderline Introvert and Extrovert scores, and the ability to shift back and forth depending on social demands. It is not uncommon for people to be able to do this if they have well developed dominant and secondary functions.

NFPs generally don't like labels due to Ne mixing with Fi, and the idea of not fitting neatly into a box tends to appeal to them, which is probably why your friend never bothered to pin down which of the two types she was borderline on was her base type. She was close to both. Both descriptions seemed to equally apply. Next.

It took me over a year to decide on which of the two was my base type. That's a lot of time and effort to solve an enigma. I can see why she just accepted both and moved on.

Anyway...

I've dated a handful of INFPs (as in 4 of them were included in the 7 very significant relationships of my life), and the relationships never worked, no matter the colossal attraction we had for each other. It's just crazy how not well suited we ended up being, because in all cases there was insane chemistry. These relationships had an intense amount of attraction and love, and they really should have worked but they never did, and for very similar reasons every time. It was like we spoke the same language but our words meant different things.

Last year, I dated an ENFP. I've never been in such a roller coaster coaster relationship. It was like her emotions were entirely based on current circumstances. Some days she was crazy about me. Other days she was interested in some other guy (never the same one, mind you). Some days, she'd switch who she wanted to be with while we were on a date. And she'd jump all over the place emotionally, and expect me to not only accept this behavior, but support it. When it upset me, she'd get mad at me for being upset.

In other words...

I find NFPs to be very attractive, but I've learned the hard way that all that glimmers is not gold, and NFPs are my kryptonite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stu