Empathy | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Empathy

People often (way to often) call me oversensitive. I am not sure why I don't hear a lot of the opposite. Why don't they call the insensitive out on a daily basis? Because the insensitive wouldn't "care" that someone called them insensitive, I guess. lol So they pick on me. Anyway, I tell them I am over intuitive. I am only now starting to understand why I never liked to think of myself as psychic. It's never been a voice or anything supernatural, but "it" has always been something. I always KNOW things. Not in the know it all way. In the way that my daughter couldn't stand in growing up. Because she knew I knew, even if she suckered everyone else she knew I knew. I wanted to believe her lies occasional. I know what the animals are thinking or what they are going to do next. I have been doing animal rescue for over 20 years and i do it all by reading the situation. from start to finish. Which cat needs to go get trapped first and which last and which one I can just grab. What they need from me, when they need it. I just could never explain it without people thinking I meant i was clairvoyant. I read things. Perceive things. Just the other night my husband tried to lie to me. Just a small things. One of those "No I have no problem with you going there" When I knew he had a problem with me going there. He insisted he had no problem with me going and that I believe that. I told him I wanted to believe him, but I couldn't because it wasn't the truth. He said I was wrong. I said I might be wrong, but "it" isn't. "It" being the feelings/perceptions I get. I used to call "it" the gift/curse up until last week. I can say I believe it ,if he wants to pretend believe a lie, sure it's not that big of a deal. But if he is asking me to believe a lie, he has to admit it is a lie, just like I would do for him. I started laughing so hard, because I kind of thought it was funny, he didn't, he went to bed mad. oops. "It" causes problems all the time. I often want to believe the lie. There have been times I would have given up an arm to believe the lie (no lie) I was so desperate not to know the truth when I wasn't ready to. But the more I fight knowing it, the more I start to read. So I finally just recently started searching for some way to fine tune "it", because "it" doesn't turn down, not even a little bit. <sigh>

It is an ability to "read people". I agree it can be frustrating and wreak havoc. I've found that unless someone is coming to me for this type of information, they find it invasive and may get understandably defensive. I've also found that people who are in a great deal of pain and are relying heavily on denial as a means of coping are very uncomfortable around me.

Last edited:
I'll check it out.

New research information released:

The preliminary findings of a recent study provide evidence of another facet of that bond and demonstrate further that electromagnetic waves produced by one person

Reactions: #@&5&49
The magnitude of that is frightening

:nod:

It is one of the main motivating factors behind my meditation practice.

The idea that what I think and consequently feel radiates out around me and affects other sentient beings makes me very conscious of my intentions.

The good news is: This is how one person can change the world... One focused thought - One focused positive emotion - at a time.

The idea that what I think and consequently feel radiates out around me and affects other sentient beings makes me very conscious of my intentions.

That is indeed a humbling thought.