Emotional Intelligence Test

Skarekrow

~~DEVIL~~
Jan 9, 2012
MBTI
Ni-INFJ-A
Enneagram
Warlock
I’m not sure if this specific test has been posted here before....honestly, I’m too lazy to look...lol.
This test is interesting because it gives you two statements and it is your job to determine if they would be spoken by the same person, or not, or if they are unrelated.
I found it interesting anyhow...enjoy! Test - http://personality-testing.info/tests/EI.php
Here are my results:
Your score from emotional intelligence is 32/45. This is better than 97.6985% of people that have taken this test. The distribution of how others score on this test is below.
EI.png

I got better than 59%. This is interesting because on multiple intelligence tests I score intrapersonal/interpersonal intelligence as my top intelligences and I took another EQ test that said I scored higher than 95%. I wonder how accurate this test is compared to the other ones I've take and if they are all correct, what that says about me.

I got better than 59%. This is interesting because on multiple intelligence tests I score intrapersonal/interpersonal intelligence as my top intelligences and I took another EQ test that said I scored higher than 95%. I wonder how accurate this test is compared to the other ones I've take and if they are all correct, what that says about me.
This one is a little different than some that I have taken....do you think perhaps the instructions were unclear at the beginning?

This one is a little different than some that I have taken....do you think perhaps the instructions were unclear at the beginning?

No, I think the instructions were pretty clear. When I was taking the test I noticed I came up with different personality traits that each statement suggested and attempted to connect the dots between them if there were any. Maybe I'm good at coming up with personality traits but not seeing patterns in people. I thought I was too so it's strange. Maybe I just need to see the whole person rather than just one or two statements to figure out differences and similarities in people. Like maybe I form assumptions based on other criteria.

No, I think the instructions were pretty clear. When I was taking the test I noticed I came up with different personality traits that each statement suggested and attempted to connect the dots between them if there were any. Maybe I'm good at coming up with personality traits but not seeing patterns in people. I thought I was too so it's strange. Maybe I just need to see the whole person rather than just one or two statements to figure out differences and similarities in people. Like maybe I form assumptions based on other criteria.
Who knows...it’s just a test after all....different people pick up on cues differently as well...perhaps you have to read their body language whereas someone else would fail that miserably...don’t read too much into it...it is just for fun.

Not sure if i did it correctly, i assume so from reading the directions:

Your score from emotional intelligence is 31/45. This is better than 95.0518% of people that have taken this test. The distribution of how others score on this test is below.

EI.png

Marked all as unrelated. Got 13/45. This is better than 3.68% of people that have taken this test.

Tried to do it normally and got 23/45

I don't understand the test. I also don't understand many people. Most of these things on the test seem unrelated to me, and trends aren't significant to me except for the fact they are trends - I break a lot of them.

Edit:
Also I think trends are a shoddy way of understanding things. Rather than understanding a trend between Steve, Bob, and Alice, I'd rather understand what makes the trend - understand Steve as Steve, understand Bob as Bob, and understand Alice as Alice.

Last edited:
33/45. Better than 98.9068%

Your score from emotional intelligence is 26/45. This is better than 59.3211% of people that have taken this test. The distribution of how others score on this test is below.

EI.png

Your score from emotional intelligence is 29/45. This is better than 85.7883% of people that have taken this test

The test was interesting, but it doesn't measure emotional intelligence All you need is an understanding of personality tests to score high. Still, it was more entertaining than the usual "Are you A or B" style.

Marked all as unrelated. Got 13/45. This is better than 3.68% of people that have taken this test.

I quickly marked a majority as unrelated because well, they seem to be unrelated and got the exact same result.

I don't think I have the patience to sit and do it again in a more thoughtful manner.

"Your score from emotional intelligence is 29/45. This is better than 85.7883% of people that have taken this test."

Hm. I wonder how much of that score was logical deduction rather than "emotional intelligence". I generally have no idea what people think of me.

Im not sure what this test is measuring, but i dont think its emotional intelligence.
I did it 2 ways.... i think this test is measuring ability to extrapolate emotions from behaviour and vice versa- which may be considered adaptive in many circumstances- but i dont think this is necessarily always a good thing to do as humans are so variable and unique in their experience and expression of emotion. I think there is too much generalising. In most cases, we would have no way of understanding whether the 2 statements were related or not unless we had a background of the person, otherwise... we could be just making inaccurate assumptions based on past experiences and/or our own expectations

Your score from emotional intelligence is 28/45. This is better than 77.1001% of people that have taken this test. The distribution of how others score on this test is below.

Interesting.

"Your score from emotional intelligence is 24/45. This is better than 42.1749%"

To be perfectly honest, I had little-to-no idea wtf I was doing! XD the instructions made sense after reading them 2 or 3 times, but once I switched to the next page I'd forget everything that I just read. (I think they could probably format it a little better, yes).

Despite not really understanding what it was that I was doing, I did notice a lot of little correlations between statements; as in I could apply them to the personalities of people I'd met IRL.