Emergency Travel Bag | INFJ Forum

Emergency Travel Bag

S

Shai Gar

I'm a Spectrum Bearer (Stretcher Carrier) now, which means (by last weeks experience), that I can be called away with only 30 minutes warning before the plane starts to fly anywhere in the Northern Territory for Northern Territory Aerial Medical Service. I'm sure a lot of you do quite a bit of travel *looks in Kwisstilines direction*

So I need an Emergency Bag. I'm running out of ideas. I don't want to use my Zompocalypse Bug Out Bag, because it has quite a few dangerous goods and weapons that aren't safe for flying.

Toiletries
  • Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste
  • Mouthwash
  • Razor
  • Razorblade refills
  • Shampoo + Conditioner Travelpacks (shamelessly taken from the hotel)
  • Body Lotion Travelpacks
  • Hair brush

Clothes
  • 6 x Pairs of Socks
  • 1 x Good set of clothes for restaurants and "dates"
  • 2 x King Gees or similar strength clothes for working
  • Inside-Out Belt (Brown/Black)
  • Pair Brown good leather shoes
  • Towel
  • Board Shorts/Dick Togs (thinking about using dick togs for maximum groin cleavage)
  • High Visibility Jumper

Entertainment
  • 4 x graphic novels
  • 4 x discworld novels
  • 3 x Kiyosaki series books
  • 1 x ringbinder notebook
  • 10 x blue pens
  • Portable DVD Player
  • Pirated DVD's
  • Speakers to connect to my mobile phone so I can listen to music in shower
  • Mobile Phone Recharger

First Aid Kit
  • Saline
  • Iodine
  • Dettol hand wash
  • Compression bandages
  • Suture Kit + Scalpel
  • Triangular Bandages
  • Plastic Skin
  • Sterile non adhesive pads
  • Disposable gloves

What do you keep in yours? What do you recommend?

Oh crap, I'm going to need to store some money, probably add 50 dollars a fortnight to it, start with 100 in there though.

and I'll need something else too...

Heh... Australia is where swear words come from XD.

We looked after a guy from Detroit as a high school exchange, and he was surprised how much we swore.

Duct Tape
mask/gloves
magnifier or flint rock

Wow this is just like "Flying Doctors"!

Nope. The RFDS tends to only pick up Aboriginals these days...

I can't talk though, NTAMS is known as the Abo Ambos.

Australian men with filthy mouths gets me hot n bothered. Except for you. You're the exception.
haha.

Toiletries

Condoms. You never know who you might run into or get the oppurtunity to go on a date with.

Clothing
Leather work gloves (you probably already have a pair tho)

First Aid Kit

Toothpicks
electrical ties...variety of sizes, they come in handy for lots of things

Condoms are a must, I've got sterile non-latex gloves, and non sterile non-latex gloves. With my work, I don't need leather gloves.

Why toothpicks?

And that's a good idea the...

TOOLS! I need tools!

I love to travel and bringing only what I need is getting pared down to very little. You are bringing so much stuff.

Get a handy all-in-one, they have ones with hammers. So sexy.

Floss, it can not only keep your teeth nice and pretty, it doubles as a very strong emergency thread if you happen to rip your bag or an item of clothing. Also can be used for emergency fishing line and if you need to cut cheese and bananas.

Did you mention headphones?

Sleep mask and essential oil. Can be used to help you sleep and more. Just make sure it can be used for massage.

I always carry a few high protein bars. They can keep for a long time and they are there if you need them.

I would recommend writing a list of what goes in what and putting that list in the bag and check things off before you leave. I have lost so many things because I was lazy and didn't make the list or someone else packed and didn't check things off.

Permanent marker is very handy.

A small pad of paper and a pen can keep you connected to new people. Don't use random pieces of paper and napkins to write your information down on. If you have a clean sheet ready and working pen it looks very classy.

I've often found that a pair of leather gloves come in handy when you wouldn't suspect. Moving large heavy objects, changing tires, outdoor activities involving wood or rocks, etc...Thats the only reason I mention them.

I was going to mention tools, but I assumed that since you are based in a hanger that there would be some available. A leatherman is a must. One of the best multi-use tool ever invented.

Toothpicks are one of those MacGuyver things. You never know when one comes in handy. *shrug*

Diaper pins can be used for so many things. Fork, spoon, knife, chopsticks. Shoelaces. Tape measure, water bottle, thermos, razor blade, mirror. Gum, vitamins, headache medicine, personal massager.

Take things with multi purposes.

elvira3.jpg

Yes/no? Want dis Elvira?

A clothed photo of me.

I do like alycones idea... But I don't have a full 8x10" photo of you...

my address for postage is: Richard Whereat, 16 Darwent St, Malak 0812, Northern Territory, Australia