IndigoSensor

Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
So I was pretty drunk last night at my friends surprize party. Naturally there were lots of hotties there. Not many stood out but a few did. I found myself staring at one in particular. Once I was done I got that all too familar "bitter-sweet" feeling from it. Like many emotional feelings for me, I can not completly discribe it.

A little while later I was thinking about it, (which is really odd for me, with 8 beers in my system I shouldnt have been thinking at ALL cause alcohol shuts alot of things down for me) and I ended up texting myself this statement so I would not forget it: "Are jelousy and physical attraction that related and how bad of a thing is it? Does it mean i will never be satisfied?". I was trying to verbalize how I felt, and somehow I seemed to grab it pretty well, in a drunken state no less.

Thoughs, comments, ideas?

"Are jealousy and physical attraction that related and how bad of a thing is it? Does it mean i will never be satisfied

It doesn't need to be physical attraction for me, it can be any kind of romantic attraction (ie mental) and I don't necessarily think jealously and attraction are related, for me jealousy is a symptom of insecurity that goes with not knowing where I stand for a whole bunch of reasons including the question that gives me great doubt in ‘would they be interested if they saw all of me’. I think it’s normal to be attracted to traits that we admire in others and may be jealous of as we don’t have ourselves but the problem is that attraction also stirs our self doubt.

As for never being satisfied, I suspect we need to be able to face and deal with our insecurities on our own first if jealousy is getting in the way.

Not sure how much of that is relevant but I hope it is.

It doesn't need to be physical attraction for me, it can be any kind of romantic attraction (ie mental) and I don't necessarily think jealously and attraction are related, for me jealousy is a symptom of insecurity that goes with not knowing where I stand for a whole bunch of reasons including the question that gives me great doubt in ‘would they be interested if they saw all of me’. I think it’s normal to be attracted to traits that we admire in others and may be jealous of as we don’t have ourselves but the problem is that attraction also stirs our self doubt.

As for never being satisfied, I suspect we need to be able to face and deal with our insecurities on our own first if jealousy is getting in the way.

Not sure how much of that is relevant but I hope it is.

Oh this makes alot of sense as well, and made me realise a few other things. Jelousy and insecurity are deffiantly related, because it is something i cant ever have.