Domestic Pets You Despise | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Domestic Pets You Despise

Michelle Obama.....

tenor.gif

@Asa yep, I had a beautiful Russian Borzoi take a bite out of my thigh. And he was being playful! The owner immediately blamed me because my dog was on a leash, but his weren't. So that made his dog bit me?! Anyway, I think any strong dog with a bad owner has the potential to do a lot of damage. But the statistics on Pitt bulls really are scary.
1375133_581730008559780_557176840_n.jpg
Are you suggesting that a specific breed of dog is more prone to violence than another breed of dog?

There are specific traits to any dog breed. This probably includes proneness to violence. Each future dog owner ought to be aware of what breed he is about to buy/take care of, and the problems that he may be confronted with. In the process, he should consider if he can handle the dog in a potentially problematic situation and train him (that anyway) accordingly.

Dog breeds have been bred for specific reasons, so yes, the brain chemistry is probably so diverse among different breeds that some breeds are more prone to act violently if the owner is as ignorant as to assume differently and does not train him accordingly to make him obedient.

However, there are also people who train dogs (no matter which breed) to be violent, and this should also be taken into consideration. I think this is the point that @Eventhorizon wanted to make, right?

I am not an animal hater, any species or breed can cause delight. But some are not meant to be pets and some owners are merely stupid, and this causes most animals to not behave as wished by the owner. The most common reason for this is that the owner doesn't understand what they are dealing with, don't know their pet's language and/or don't train them as it should be done.

However, there are some pets which I really don't see any appeal in having. I don't like dogs which need to be put in bags. It has legs, doesn't it? Nonetheless, it's merely a personal preference, I can still see what others see as appealing in their pets. I just expect of the owners to have them trained properly, and to know them so they don't attack you unexpectedly, e.g. when you try to clean their litter box. I'd like to know these things beforehand, before they scar my eye.

Reactions: Lurk and Asa
I do not want any pets when I get my own place again. Tired of dogs. Not going to say I despise them. I like them quite a bit at times, but I hate the responsibility of taking care of them. Terribly allergic to cats. Guinea pigs squeak all the time, though I loved having them as a kid.

Cleaning fishtanks seem like a huge pain but maybe I would be up for it. Or something I could put in a terrarium and that is relatively self sufficient. Nothing big that requires serious effort though or a super long term commitment.

Tarantulas. No thanks!

Poisonous spiders, or poisonous animals in general, shouldn't be available as pets. I hate spiders, anything that has more than 4-6 legs creeps me out. To be honest, I didn't know spiders were eligible for discussion, as they are by no means domesticated.

Reactions: Asa
I used to know someone who had pet caimans – not the lizard, the alligatorid crocodilian. Why? Why? Why?

I don't really hate any pet, although

I used to know someone who had pet caimans – not the lizard, the alligatorid crocodilian. Why? Why? Why?

a Caiman sounds lame. Go full croc or go home.

Reactions: Wyote
I don't think I'd want a rat as a pet. Hampsters and guiney pigs don't seems much better to me.. and I can't understand people who go for tralanchelers or snakes, they're no exactly the cuddly variety of commonal pet

Reactions: SuperManda
Is..are you saying what I think?? :m057:
Don't know.
Dalmatians for example are prone to instability. I heard once it's because the way they were bred for their spots. It has some effect on the way some of their brains function.
I was attacked by a Dalmatian once so I would tend to agree.

My daughter (ISTJ) asked me today if she can have a bird and I told @infinite dreams just last week that I dislike birds and will never have one in the house. Well, being the nice guy that he is, he thinks she should have a bird because she’s so responsible. Guess we’ll be going bird shopping soon.

On the bright side, I’m curious what words this bird will learn and repeat. :tearsofjoy:

My daughter (ISTJ) asked me today if she can have a bird and I told @infinite dreams just last week that I dislike birds and will never have one in the house. Well, being the nice guy that he is, he thinks she should have a bird because she’s so responsible. Guess we’ll be going bird shopping soon.

On the bright side, I’m curious what words this bird will learn and repeat. :tearsofjoy:

Do birds exploit their owners? I think it's important to know if your daughter's bird will just be a mooch.

I asked Google: do birds love their owners
About 11,300,000 results (0.57 seconds)

People also ask:

Do birds feel love?
Why do birds ruffle their feathers?
How do the parrots see?
Do parrots have feelings?

I asked Google: can birds feel emotions
About 2,740,000 results (0.56 seconds)

https://www.thespruce.com/examining-bird-emotions-386439

There is no scientific agreement about whether or not birds have feelings, but birders who watch their feathered friends often see evidence of bird emotionsin their different personalities and behaviors.Sep 9, 2017

https://fall2016.iaabcjournal.org/human-avian-bond/

Some parrot owners consider the bond with their parrots to be superior to that shared with other pets, and even human family. According to Kidd and Kidd, “human-avian interaction can often be more warm and caring than human interactions with dog, cat, or horse.” Parrot owners surveyed by Bennett and O’Hara consider parrots to be equal to or better than dogs as companions. Four participants in my survey described their bond with their parrots as “superior,” and eight described it as “qualitatively different” from that with other pets. One even mentioned, “Don’t tell my human kids, but I actually love my birds more!”

Hmm.

Reactions: infinite dreams
Do birds exploit their owners? I think it's important to know if your daughter's bird will just be a mooch.

I asked Google: do birds love their owners
About 11,300,000 results (0.57 seconds)

People also ask:

Do birds feel love?
Why do birds ruffle their feathers?
How do the parrots see?
Do parrots have feelings?

I asked Google: can birds feel emotions
About 2,740,000 results (0.56 seconds)

https://www.thespruce.com/examining-bird-emotions-386439

https://fall2016.iaabcjournal.org/human-avian-bond/

Hmm.

Part of my conversation earlier with @Happy Phantom involved my dad, who is certainly a friend to all animals and has cared for most every kind of pet over the years. The one that he speaks the most fondly of (and mentions most often) was a parrot he had back in the 70s (it died when I was a small child). I always found it interesting just how much he apparently loved that bird.