Domestic Pets You Despise | INFJ Forum

Domestic Pets You Despise

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Lurk, Oct 5, 2017.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
More threads by Lurk
  1. Lurk

Lurk [ what ]

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    6,9 & 4
    Chihuahua
    Rat Terrier
    Birds
    Ferrets
    Monkeys

more to come....

Keepin' it positive!

Happy Phantom, Free and Sandie33 like this.
  2. Sandie33

Sandie33 Love Often & Absolutely ♡
    Staff Member Moderator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ-t
    Enneagram:
    2w1, 2w3
    Zipper. He is evil! He is a nine foot (that includes his tail) Iguna. I have respect for most of my friends & family's choice of pets. Many of them I wouldn't have for myself, but meh...but Zipper is pure evil, and I like lizzards.

Zipper wanders about my friends farmhouse but is locked up in his 3 foot by 14 foot cage at night. I keep a careful watch for him or stay on the porch. That long tail of his is his weapon of choice. He will make eye contact, rock his body to the side and whip his tail around lightening quick. That's how he got his name of Zipper. He lashed his owner in the bare leg one day and opened a wound up like a zipper...poor fella had to go to ER and received 20 stitches!

So that's how Lenny the Lizzard received his new name of Zipper.

I'm not alone, the friends dogs and cat dispise Zipper too. :D

Ginny, Sloe Djinn, Wyote and 2 others like this.
  3. Pin

Pin Commander-in Chief / Ren's Counterpart

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    8-3-7
    I'm not opposed to any domestic pet.

If you want a pet monkey I will not interfere with your decision.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    Lurk

Lurk [ what ]

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    6,9 & 4
    Oh gosh! Why don't you post him on Craigslist so he can, I don't know....find a human who loves him (does he even care?} or just obligatorily provides for him.

We've all heard everyone has a special someone, somewhere.

Zipper has little to offer anyone, so maybe a lizard sanctuary?

Maybe I'm an ass, but Zipper would have exited my dwelling long ago. :disappointed:

5. Sandie33

Staff Member Moderator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ-t
    Enneagram:
    2w1, 2w3
    Oh no, his owner loves him very much!...Zipper doesn't like anyone, lol. I'm not sure how long igunas live, but I sure wouldn't keep him. ;) (Only lizzard I know that eats fruit loops, maybe he's constipated?)

Free and Lurk like this.
  6. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    I feel monstrous admitting this, but my SO's parents dogs drive me nuts. One is a female shihtzu mix a few years old but is still not house trained. They spoil her by putting pee pads down. We had to dog sit their dogs a few years ago while they went away for a weekend. This dog refused to crap outside. Knowing her nasty habits, I was having none of it. I watched her like a hawk and took her outside nonstop until she finally went. It was a battle of wills all weekend to get her to go outside. The other dog followed me around all weekend and licked my legs the whole time. It was like I couldn't sit or stand still all weekend. It was maddening. They're sweet enough but I'm glad they are not mine.

I like pets and have my own, though. I have a female boxer and a small terrier mix of some type (no idea his breed. He's an old man and we adopted him. His foster family didn't know his breed.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #6 acd, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  7. OP
    Lurk

Lurk [ what ]

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    6,9 & 4
    If I had Michael's money, I would hoard Rough Collies, German Shepherds, and reject cats.

Quality relationships.

I don't see the point in other pets, Furry moochers.

Free likes this.
  8. OP
    Lurk

Lurk [ what ]

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    6,9 & 4
    "Acceptance IS understanding."`~ You

People like you make the world a better place.

So.

Meet Anna. She has no redeeming qualities, and no sane person would adopt her. She will probably be put to sleep if she continues to kill cats. Help this wayward soul!

[​IMG]

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/pet/d/female-german-shepherd-pit-mix/6319306049.html

Sandie33 and Free like this.
  9. OP
    Lurk

Lurk [ what ]

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    6,9 & 4
    Do you like every person? Of course not.

I love Maika, my INXX clever, loyal brown tabby/possible Bengal mix, but I simply like Jeremy, my ESFP, mentally slow, needy, smothering cat.

I take care to treat them equally.

Happy Phantom and Free like this.
  10. Pin

Pin Commander-in Chief / Ren's Counterpart

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    8-3-7
    After careful consideration, I also would prefer to have a dog to any other pet.

Free likes this.
  11. Free

Free probably just a "like" bot
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    295ish
    I have yet to find a pet that I don't like.

:grin:

PintoBean, Sandie33 and Wyote like this.
  12. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I don't understand why people keep pets that don't want relationships with humans and have to live in cages or tanks. Just let them live in the wild.

13. Isabella

Isabella Probably dancing....

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    3SleepEo
    Not domestic but I could &*^% do something to that squirrel (think a fox too) that keeps burrowing its acorn on our lawn and digging up my vegetable raised bed!!!

Milktoast Bandit, Free and Sandie33 like this.
  14. Sandie33

Staff Member Moderator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ-t
    Enneagram:
    2w1, 2w3
    No. Anna is beautiful, however I have two cats, (Luna and Jade), who I'm quite fond of. I despise a cat eating dog.

Milktoast Bandit, Free and Lurk like this.
  15. PintoBean

Site Supporter

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I don't actually despise any pet. It's owners who pick wholly inappropriate pets. This can range from pets that are purchased through black market exotic species dealers (a lot of hedgehogs, large cats and exotic reptiles, for example) to animals like large/strong dog breeds whom the owner forces to live in tiny apartments etc. In spite of the whole "save the Pit Bull" movement, which is sweet and touching, I am sometimes pretty horrified at the judgement of these owners. Never have I heard of a deadly Shihtzu or Golden Retriever attack, while lethal Pit Bull attacks are frequent. Any dog breed that needs a special pry bar to release the death grip of its jaw, is scary. So yes, I question the judgment of Pit owners who think it's just fine and dandy to strut these animals around heavily populated areas and routinely expose them to children. I'm a dog lover, by the way and one of my other dogs was attacked by a Pit mix of some kind. As per usual, the owner was a tiny, ill prepared female who was super proud to have a "rescue Pitty." I ended up throwing myself on top of my dog, at which point a passerby managed to kick it off my back long enough to be restrained. The only reason this even worked is because the dog was still not fully grown. It was literally a potential lethal puppy/teen dog. So yep, I'm sick of owners who choose to keep Pit Bulls. I don't think they should be pets, even though I am well aware that many people keep them without incident and enjoy them. I feel bad that breeds like this are perpetuated by irresponsible humans. It's not the animal's fault, but it doesn't make me like them as pets any better.

5r6jhd, acd, Free and 1 other person like this.
  16. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    @PintoBean - Same thing happened to our dog when he was younger, but the attack dog was a gigantic, mastiff-sized, fluffy beast. My dog is a larger breed, too, but much smaller than the attacker. My SO threw himself onto our dog to save him, too. The attack dog was trying to open his intestines. The boyfriend of the dog's owner grabbed the attack dog and it started biting him.
    I know jumping in to save our dogs isn't wise, but we can't let our dogs die. :(

Once I encountered a couple who admitted their dog was not friendly, and could potentially attack my dog, but their dog was off-leash. Neither person tried to stop the dog from approaching mine, and the dog was already growling and in an attack stance. My SO had my dog on leash, so I grabbed the other dog by the collar because the people with the growling dog were doing nothing to prevent the attack, and the woman who was doing all the talking just looked weak and defeated. The woman said, "Don't touch him! He definitely bites people!"
    That dog needed to be kept far away from public places, and should not have been rescued by that couple. They were afraid of their own dog. Yikes.

Free and PintoBean like this.
  17. the

the Si master race.
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    This thread is barbaric and offensive. Reported.

Stu, Lurk, Peppermint and 3 others like this.
  18. PintoBean

Site Supporter

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    @Asa yep, I had a beautiful Russian Borzoi take a bite out of my thigh. And he was being playful! The owner immediately blamed me because my dog was on a leash, but his weren't. So that made his dog bit me?! Anyway, I think any strong dog with a bad owner has the potential to do a lot of damage. But the statistics on Pitt bulls really are scary.
    [​IMG]

Faye, Free and Asa like this.
  19. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    @PintoBean – I'm not anti pit by any means, but irresponsible breeding does create dogs with problems, and pits have been irresponsibly bred for a long time. I'm anti-backyard breeding, and that includes people who just let their dogs breed w/ any dog and contribute to the unwanted pet population. Unfortunately, not every shelter dog will make a good pet, regardless of breed, because of personality through breeding, personal experiences, or both.

Free and PintoBean like this.
  20. Eventhorizon

Eventhorizon Permanently relocated
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Michelle Obama.....

SuperManda and the like this.