Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Good in the near future but bad after a while

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Filled to the brim with horrors

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Not sure / neutral

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
May I ask a question? Why do people ever think about giving up their freedom to tyrannical rulers? simple answer. efficiency.
I think what you picked up on earlier is equally important - fear. People will sacrifice their freedom in order to contain their fear - we did this with COVID and we’ll do it with global warming. It can be a good bargain if the sacrifice is held in good hands, and returned when the threat recedes, but all too often it’s some kind of modern Napoleon wannabe or real life illuminati gang who make the power grab.

Do you think the future for humanity looks positive (however you would personally define that)?
I suppose it depends on the individual's perspective. Perspective dictates so much of our experiences, even collectively as facets of influence from one to another are adhered upon our mindset. You can sit in a myriad of tragedy and still see the dandelion push against the pavement with seeds carried on the wind and feel a deep well of appreciation for having witnessed it. I think there is the same eternal balance of the push/pull of negative and positive that allows just enough virtuous perseverance for survival regardless of circumstance. The same positive influence humanity has experienced is still prevalent and will last throughout time; it's just the difficulty in securing it and holding it within our periphery that is the challenge presented now and into the future. Like so many things, what you look for is what you'll find.

We ran over something left in the exit while on the way for a brain scan. It destroyed our transmission on a $5000 truck. They want more to fix it.

I guess it could have went through my brain. No stroke, but could not keep my eyes still long enough and will need another. Long story.

Does the future look bright to you?

It used to. When I was a kid, not only did I think the world was becoming a better place, technology will solve most of our problems, and humans in general were becoming more accepting and better to get along with, but I also thought my future was going to be "bright" as well. I thought I was such a good person, and if I worked hard, was a good person, trusted in God, and kept looking ahead for the best in life - I'd be a successful, good, and socially-desire-able person to be around.

What happened?

Long story short, the now "future" isn't much different from that past I lived in over 20+ years ago. In some ways its worse, than how I remember it. Money still matters more than ingenuity. And socioeconomic hierarchies, historical systems of power and injustice, good ideas/bad ideas, the normal/the abnormal pretty much set the agenda for just about all that happens from conscious-awareness to beyond human reach. There is no "future"! There never was, and never will be. The only thing you can see is what you can perceive and comprehend in your head and further communicate with other heads. None of it matters in the grand scheme of things towards a collective "future". Really, I see the future as a challenge or call for one to express their beliefs, and whether those beliefs are "good" or not. I am positive about the ideas of the future. Only because, I want the best for myself, for the properties in my care, and for the rest of the people around me. I see a lot of great things happening, showing me that the "future" is evolving into a world where there are many more possible avenues and complex ways to approach our problems, that even by chance, the odds can be seen as "more favorable" or positive now, and trending that way, than in the past. In my own life, I find the less I try to control my imagination towards some kind of deeper "meaning", and the more I work on paying attention to making the best decisions on a momentary scale, the better off I am and I will be in "the future".

Reactions: John K and Jexocuha
I liked the 'filled to the brim with horrors' choice lmao.

Yeah. The world is just a big ol flamey boi that's gonna burn down to a cindery ash before too long. This, today, is as good as it will ever be again. Rest well tonight everyone!