Does liking Japanese things alot mean you would like Japan? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Does liking Japanese things alot mean you would like Japan?

Hahaha honestly, Mexico is extremely welcoming to foreigners! But for safety reasons, go to the areas that American tourists would go lol. Mexico isn't really the safest place to be right now, as sad as it is... :(

A good friend of mine actually had his honeymoon in Mexico some years ago. I think he enjoyed it, finding unfamiliar things to eat and better tequila. But would I want to go to Mexico if it means I have to be with American tourists.. :thinkinghard::wink:

Hahaha honestly, Mexico is extremely welcoming to foreigners! But for safety reasons, go to the areas that American tourists would go lol. Mexico isn't really the safest place to be right now, as sad as it is... :(

It's mildly amusing to me whenever I hear people talking about the safety concerns here in Mexico. I live in the city which was labeled as "the most dangerous city in the world" a few years back(Juarez, in case you're wondering) and I've yet to see anything happen with my two own eyes. Granted, I live in the more secluded and "nice" areas of the city but if I go outside right now, you can hear only the crickets chirping.

If it weren't for the local people claiming about all the atrocities that supposedly happen here, I'd be screaming on top of my lungs "FAKE NEWS!" a la Trump style :p

It's mildly amusing to me whenever I hear people talking about the safety concerns here in Mexico. I live in the city which was labeled as "the most dangerous city in the world" a few years back(Juarez, in case you're wondering) and I've yet to see anything happen with my two own eyes. Granted, I live in the more secluded and "nice" areas of the city but if I go outside right now, you can hear only the crickets chirping.

If it weren't for the local people claiming about all the atrocities that supposedly happen here, I'd be screaming on top of my lungs "FAKE NEWS!" a la Trump style :p

Hmm, I'm not surprised if the media does like to put scare tactics; I mean America is notorious for fake news here. But like you've mentioned, you do live in the more peaceful, secluded areas. Some of my family members lived near Chihuahua, and they had to leave due to how dangerous it was getting. I really honestly think it depends more on the location.

I really honestly think it depends more on the location.

Of course. There are unsafe areas all over the world. I also lived in Arizona for about 6 years and there were counties even among peaceful cities that were more safe than others. Even Japan, which is considered one of the safest countries in the world, also has its problems with certain prefectures around Tokyo and Osaka.

I think the moral of the story is that no matter what country you're going to, just exercise caution and common sense. That's why I think we shouldn't dissuade people to visit our beautiful country. Just remind them to use caution. I do think the media is primarily responsible for creating this abhorrent idea that we live like savages here in Mexico. That we use donkeys as transportation, drink tequila all day and wear sombreros...oh yeah, and that we're rapist and murderers.

That's how I see it at least, perhaps you have your own interpretation. Take care :)

Of course. There are unsafe areas all over the world. I also lived in Arizona for about 6 years and there were counties even among peaceful cities that were more safe than others. Even Japan, which is considered one of the safest countries in the world, also has its problems with certain prefectures around Tokyo and Osaka.

I think the moral of the story is that no matter what country you're going to, just exercise caution and common sense. That's why I think we shouldn't dissuade people to visit our beautiful country. Just remind them to use caution. I do think the media is primarily responsible for creating this abhorrent idea that we live like savages here in Mexico. That we use donkeys as transportation, drink tequila all day and wear sombreros...oh yeah, and that we're rapist and murderers.

That's how I see it at least, perhaps you have your own interpretation. Take care :)

Your interpretation is basically the same as mine (well almost), just be wary of which place you go and be informed ahead of time; even more so if you are a foreigner. There is no denying that Mexico has been having pretty bad issues, my family is just proof of that and I was in Mexico just last year. Of course, the blatant lies that Trump spews regarding Mexicans in general are rapists and murders is obscene and ridiculous-- and yes, there are locations more peaceful than others, but ignoring what has also been going on is always a path for disaster. Ignorance is not always bliss.

I am not dissuading anybody from coming to Mexico at all, I love our country and our culture; hence why I mentioned in my previous post that locations that are known to be more touristy and secure are the best choice for visiting. No way in hell am I recommending someone to visit my hometown that is surrounded by drug cartels or around that area when I know personally that it is not the best choice.

So yes, like you, just be cautious and research.

Last edited:
I am Peruvian and Japanese and have family in both countries. I visit japan more since my eldest daughter is in school there, but I can tell you one thing... Everyone fears what they don't understand and the media like to spread the negative stuff about a culture or country far more than the positives. I hear way more shit being talked about Peru though. Don't go there because *gasp* people are brown! And omg... they don't even speak english! They'll sneak into your hotel at night and steal your kidneys! Pssh... The fact is in most S.American countries they do speak english in the touristy areas and large cities. They even teach it in their schools. And the only way that you're ever gonna wake-up in a bathtub full of ice with stitches across your back is if you drank way too much and decided to hike up machu picchu and tumbled down where some poor farmer found you and saved your life. It's really easy and simple logic when you visit another country... Don't be a dick. That's it. Who would have thought it could be so easy?

I am Peruvian and Japanese and have family in both countries. I visit japan more since my eldest daughter is in school there, but I can tell you one thing... Everyone fears what they don't understand and the media like to spread the negative stuff about a culture or country far more than the positives. I hear way more shit being talked about Peru though. Don't go there because *gasp* people are brown! And omg... they don't even speak english! They'll sneak into your hotel at night and steal your kidneys! Pssh... The fact is in most S.American countries they do speak english in the touristy areas and large cities. They even teach it in their schools. And the only way that you're ever gonna wake-up in a bathtub full of ice with stitches across your back is if you drank way too much and decided to hike up machu picchu and tumbled down where some poor farmer found you and saved your life. It's really easy and simple logic when you visit another country... Don't be a dick. That's it. Who would have thought it could be so easy?

Yup I agree! It is funny how some people (cough Trump cough) act towards an unfamiliar country, or we don't "look or act" a certain way. In Mexico City and various states in Mexico, there is an incredible amount of educated people that speak beautiful, fluent English. And most Mexicans are incredibly kind-hearted and humble, hell we love people coming to our country.

It's really sad honestly.

Last edited:
Yup I agree! It is funny how some people (cough Trump cough) act towards an unfamiliar country, or we don't "look or act" a certain way. In Mexico City and various states in Mexico, there is an incredible amount of educated people that speak beautiful, fluent English. And most Mexicans are incredibly kind-hearted and humble, hell we love people coming to our country.

It's really sad honestly.
Mexicans really are the most welcoming people ever! I'm often mistaken as mexican when I'm there and honestly I'm flattered. I had a layover there once and due to a hurricane the airport closed for a few days. I was stuck there with two young kids and was pretty miserable. We stayed in a little rag tag hotel since everything was so last minute and at the peak of tourist travel. The little abuela of the hotel owner brought up a giant pot of yummy soup for me and the kids and made her grandkids share their handhelds with them. She made my laypver amazing and didn't even have to go out of her way to do that. Once they welcome you through their door, you are literally treated like family and all the little abuelas bring you plates and plates of food! lol

Your interpretation is basically the same as mine (well almost), just be wary of which place you go and be informed ahead of time; even more so if you are a foreigner. There is no denying that Mexico has been having pretty bad issues, my family is just proof of that and I was in Mexico just last year. Of course, the blatant lies that Trump spews regarding Mexicans in general are rapists and murders is obscene and ridiculous-- and yes, there are locations more peaceful than others, but ignoring what has also been going on is always a path for disaster. Ignorance is not always bliss.

I am not dissuading anybody from coming to Mexico at all, I love our country and our culture; hence why I mentioned in my previous post that locations that are known to be more touristy and secure are the best choice for visiting. No way in hell am I recommending someone to visit my hometown that is surrounded by drug cartels or around that area when I know personally that it is not the best choice.

So yes, like you, just be cautious and research.

I'm sorry Jenny. I just realized how my post sounded like I was accusing you personally of dissuading people not to come, it was not my intention. It was more of a general statement than anything else. I believe that we are all ambassadors of the country we come from and we should do our best to represent to the world the kind of respectable and honorable people we are. True, it's not all roses and rainbows over here(I'm not THAT ignorant :p), but I know things will change for the better. From my part, I'm doing my best to make that future a reality. I hope someday when you come and visit with your family you can all be even more proud of this country as it has tremendous potential.

Anyway, we're already off-topic lol so I'll stop here.

Mexicans really are the most welcoming people ever! I'm often mistaken as mexican when I'm there and honestly I'm flattered. I had a layover there once and due to a hurricane the airport closed for a few days. I was stuck there with two young kids and was pretty miserable. We stayed in a little rag tag hotel since everything was so last minute and at the peak of tourist travel. The little abuela of the hotel owner brought up a giant pot of yummy soup for me and the kids and made her grandkids share their handhelds with them. She made my laypver amazing and didn't even have to go out of her way to do that. Once they welcome you through their door, you are literally treated like family and all the little abuelas bring you plates and plates of food! lol

Hahaha yup! That's exactly how it is! Hospitality is our number-one! We try very hard to make other people feel very welcome and feel like home. :)

Hahaha yup! That's exactly how it is! Hospitality is our number-one! We try very hard to make other people feel very welcome and feel like home. :)
Now I really want to go and stay a while. I really love it there! Prolly the nicest people I've ever met in my travels. Also I want cooking lessons from all the abuelas!!!

I'm sorry Jenny. I just realized how my post sounded like I was accusing you personally of dissuading people not to come, it was not my intention. It was more of a general statement than anything else. I believe that we are all ambassadors of the country we come from and we should do our best to represent to the world the kind of respectable and honorable people we are. True, it's not all roses and rainbows over here(I'm not THAT ignorant :p), but I know things will change for the better. From my part, I'm doing my best to make that future a reality. I hope someday when you come and visit with your family you can all be even more proud of this country as it has tremendous potential.

Anyway, we're already off-topic lol so I'll stop here.

Jajajajaja estás bien! No worries AUM! I understand. :)

My family and I visited Sonora y Puerto Peñasco last year, and it was nice! Our country is awesome! No denying it. The media lies all the damn time. Of course, we both wish some things were better no doubt; but there is no denying that Mexico has some beautiful places to visit and our culture is pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Now I really want to go and stay a while. I really love it there! Prolly the nicest people I've ever met in my travels. Also I want cooking lessons from all the abuelas!!!

Hahaha from my knowledge and personal experience, every abuelita in every Mexican household has a weird superpower for cooking delicious meals and making sure you eat with a smile on your face. I always end up ten pounds fatter whenever I return back home from my Abuelita's casa!

Hahaha from my knowledge and personal experience, every abuelita in every Mexican household has a weird superpower for cooking delicious meals and making sure you eat with a smile on your face. I always end up ten pounds fatter whenever I return back home from my Abuelita's casa!
It really is a super power yo! Like the moment you finish your plate, your abuela snaps her fingers and it's miraculously filled again and she gives you that look that says, "you will break my heart if you don't finish that". How can you not gain like ten pounds at least! Aside from the all you can eat abuelitas kitchen, their food is amazing af so even if you wanted to stop, your taste buds wouldn't allow it.

It really is a super power yo! Like the moment you finish your plate, your abuela snaps her fingers and it's miraculously filled again and she gives you that look that says, "you will break my heart if you don't finish that". How can you not gain like ten pounds at least! Aside from the all you can eat abuelitas kitchen, their food is amazing af so even if you wanted to stop, your taste buds wouldn't allow it.

Hahaha exactly!! :p

"El amor de una abuela!"- "the love of a grandmother!"

I didn't actually know that Mexico has such reputation. I had of course known about Trump's statements, but that's about it. It's true that the media easily concentrates on the negative, especially tabloids that want more clicks. The world is a safer place than ever before, yet people are afraid because they keep reading about murders on the other side of the world, or one incident becomes a cause of media frenzy for days or weeks.

I didn't actually know that Mexico has such reputation. I had of course known about Trump's statements, but that's about it. It's true that the media easily concentrates on the negative, especially tabloids that want more clicks. The world is a safer place than ever before, yet people are afraid because they keep reading about murders on the other side of the world, or one incident becomes a cause of media frenzy for days or weeks.

In the US, even before Drumpf, we were fed a narrative by the media about Mexico's extreme gang violence (which for the most part is fairly true but somewhat of a moot point seeing as we have our own gang stuff) as well as a bunch of (mostly untrue) stuff about people crossing the border for all sorts of evil purposes.

A lot of areas in Central America are still extremely poverty stricken and lacking in government infrastructure so generally those are the people fleeing to the US. But people are dumb racists and just lump all brown people together. As far as a lot of people are concerned, Mexicans, Guatemalans and Argentinians are all the same people. And they're all coming to destroy 'Murica, obviously.
*ok it's not "a lot of people" exactly, definitely the minority, but still enough to be concerning and disheartening

Last edited: