Does anyone also go Crazy Thinking to much? | INFJ Forum

Does anyone also go Crazy Thinking to much?

HenRick

Community Member
Jul 16, 2008
MBTI
X
I usually keep thinking to myself when inside the car or at the mall about things. Sometime I think
about if I actually exist. I start moving my arms and hands but it feel more like I'm watching tv or
the movement might be of by a tad bit. I always find myself thinking from scratch were I completely
forget everything I've learned before and just begin thinking out of nothing.

I also exagerate situations but real bad situations like overpopulation, education, parenting, culture, and
deep family issues make me go crazy and I feel a duty to fix them when I grow up.

I have a natural tendency to think a lot, too, and always have...thinking but also pondering. Here's my 2 cents:

I personally find it useful and engaging to pursue inputs that are of the non-fictional variety, history and spirituality in my case. I favor this because lessons one can extract (by thinking and pondering) over the years are more solid, substantive, time-tested and, because of this, truly life-altering when values that have been gleaned become part of everyday living. Lots I could say about this.

Work situations can actually make good use of this natural inclination...if one could channel this ability into something meaningful (and even lucrative), why not put these skills to work? This has worked out for me.

Lastly, I find I have to intentionally shut down my poor, decrepid, over-used mind now and again as a matter of balance. For me, playing music and my little "hands-on" hobbies really help. Every blessing can become a curse if proper, common-sense balance is not employed.

It seems to me that the thinking too much tends to drive the people around me crazy (mostly my husband since he's usually in the front lines) before I am actually crazy.

Lastly, I find I have to intentionally shut down my poor, decrepid, over-used mind now and again as a matter of balance. For me, playing music and my little "hands-on" hobbies really help. Every blessing can become a curse if proper, common-sense balance is not employed.

So true gokartride. Taking up oil painting has been a life saver for me for this very reason.

OH ALL THE TIME My mind is constantly going! Especially when I am trying to fall asleep because I try not to let my thought take root during the day filling up my day with activities that keep it busy. But when I am trying to sleep theres nothing but me and my thoughts (and DH's snoring) and thats all I can hear!

Reactions: ThinkingHippie
gokartride said:

You play music? How intresting so do I but I'm over at my grandma's so I can't play my piano keyboard.

entyqua said:
OH ALL THE TIME My mind is constantly going! Especially when I am trying to fall asleep because I try not to let my thought take root during the day filling up my day with activities that keep it busy. But when I am trying to sleep theres nothing but me and my thoughts (and DH's snoring) and thats all I can hear!

I had the same trouble but then I just keep thinking until I'm tired ( I force myself to think even more) For some reason it works.

gokartride said:
I have a natural tendency to think a lot, too, and always have...thinking but also pondering. Here's my 2 cents:

I personally find it useful and engaging to pursue inputs that are of the non-fictional variety, history and spirituality in my case. I favor this because lessons one can extract (by thinking and pondering) over the years are more solid, substantive, time-tested and, because of this, truly life-altering when values that have been gleaned become part of everyday living. Lots I could say about this.

Work situations can actually make good use of this natural inclination...if one could channel this ability into something meaningful (and even lucrative), why not put these skills to work? This has worked out for me.

Amen gokartride. Balance is all. Meditation or praying is helpful. When I read Viktor Frankl I got the message that we must think, but get over ourselves and serve. There is healing in altruism (or was that Jung who said those things?). I am tired after work right now. I need to lie down, or fall down.

HenRick said:
I usually keep thinking to myself when inside the car or at the mall about things. Sometime I think
about if I actually exist. I start moving my arms and hands but it feel more like I'm watching tv or
the movement might be of by a tad bit. I always find myself thinking from scratch were I completely
forget everything I've learned before and just begin thinking out of nothing.

I also exagerate situations but real bad situations like overpopulation, education, parenting, culture, and
deep family issues make me go crazy and I feel a duty to fix them when I grow up.

when I was your age, i narrated these things in my head like I was a journalist "with today's current population trends . . . etc . ."

I don't do the journalist 3rd person anymore, but the thinking has kept me up . . . many a night. What troubles ail the world, how many of them are related to inter/intrapersonal conflicts, what solutions can be worked on to solve these issue . . . and if I will ever be able to make a difference . . .

It keeps me up. Really. I completely understand the overthinking bit.

gokartride said:
Lastly, I find I have to intentionally shut down my poor, decrepid, over-used mind now and again as a matter of balance.

I do this too!
Sometimes I get trapped in this mind loop and I'll be so consumed with solving the situation that it makes it impossible to focus on anything else. For me though, when it gets this bad, I can't do anything creative. I'll have to find some sort of mindless activity, like watching tv or cleaning, to release myself from the loop.

tereza said:
gokartride said:
Lastly, I find I have to intentionally shut down my poor, decrepid, over-used mind now and again as a matter of balance.

I do this too!
Sometimes I get trapped in this mind loop and I'll be so consumed with solving the situation that it makes it impossible to focus on anything else. For me though, when it gets this bad, I can't do anything creative. I'll have to find some sort of mindless activity, like watching tv or cleaning, to release myself from the loop.

I also do this. It's the "recharge". If I don't get it, I get burned out and grumpy.

37901-REDM.jpg.fpx

I'd rather be doc ;)

Just bought a guitar (Henrick-good idea! Hurts the first couple times learning, though! My fingers are killing me!)

HenRick, WOW. I could have written your post myself. I do the EXACT same things...all of them!

Ever since I was young, I can remember just sitting there or being wherever and all the sudden, I would think "How did I get here? How did I come into existence? Am I really here...?" It's sounds like such a bizarre thought so I have never told anyone even though it makes perfect sense to me.

I worry and think about things in great depth...one thing I am constantly thinking about is fair treatment of animals. I'm a huge animal advocate. I feel like my alert sensors are always "on"...worrying about an animal being mistreated by some a**hole somewhere. I do a lot of animal rescue volunteer work and I think that some of the things I've heard and seen have really damaged me, but I love animals so much and know that it's my real purpose in life to help them.

I worry about what to major in all the time. I work and go to school and I'm so afraid I'll choose the wrong major because I hate my current profession. I think about career options until I can't think anymore...and I can't talk about it with any of my friends or I'd drive them nuts. No one really understands my thinking in my real life.

Vivi16 said:
I worry about what to major in all the time. I work and go to school and I'm so afraid I'll choose the wrong major because I hate my current profession. I think about career options until I can't think anymore...and I can't talk about it with any of my friends or I'd drive them nuts. No one really understands my thinking in my real life.

I have never been able to decide what i want to do and I do drive my friends crazy talking about it because I dont want to choose the wrong thing...but what i am doing now is totally not what i want to be doing either...I have been a Stay at home mom for quite some time and try to do many artistic things to help my mind stay at rest because ultimately I want to do something artistic as a career!

Vivi16 said:
HenRick, WOW. I could have written your post myself. I do the EXACT same things...all of them!

Ever since I was young, I can remember just sitting there or being wherever and all the sudden, I would think "How did I get here? How did I come into existence? Am I really here...?" It's sounds like such a bizarre thought so I have never told anyone even though it makes perfect sense to me.

I worry and think about things in great depth...one thing I am constantly thinking about is fair treatment of animals. I'm a huge animal advocate. I feel like my alert sensors are always "on"...worrying about an animal being mistreated by some a**hole somewhere. I do a lot of animal rescue volunteer work and I think that some of the things I've heard and seen have really damaged me, but I love animals so much and know that it's my real purpose in life to help them.

I saw this one show on Oprah about the Dog mills which are were dogs from the petstore come from.
The report showed how they but the dogs in cages were they have the soul purpose of reproducing.
They female dogs reproduced so much that their breasts were swollen from over use.
It also said 99% percent (I consider this to be almost all of the stores) of the pet stores
get their dogs from Dog mills.

This is all based on Opraha maybe some dog mills are human but I'm not going to take any risks
so I would never by a dog from a pet store. (or receive a dog from someone who will later buy
from a pet store).

My dad is searching for a dog I hope he buys one in Brazil because I've seen a dog mill in
brazil and it more of a small family run bussiness. They might also have inhumane dog mills
in brazil to.

My policy is if you buy it you are supporting the producer.

This is acording to Oprah

HenRick said:
I feel a duty to fix them when I grow up.

I can relate to this comment as well....but i get lost in the HOW>...

entyqua said:
Vivi16 said:

I have never been able to decide what i want to do and I do drive my friends crazy talking about it because I dont want to choose the wrong thing...but what i am doing now is totally not what i want to be doing either...I have been a Stay at home mom for quite some time and try to do many artistic things to help my mind stay at rest because ultimately I want to do something artistic as a career!

I can completely relate to both of you, I'm fairly well qualified in Marketing but the more that I have learnt about it the more I dislike the whole field. I decided to study marketing as I liked the creative side of things but never really considered the whole "ripping peoples hearts out and selling it back to them" part of it. As you can imagine I have huge feelings of regret and self doubt in regards to this, I try hard to supress these as they do effect people close to me if I let them out. I've always struggled with direction in my life, I think it's because I'm moderately good at most things I try, so nothing stands out as "wow I'm great at that, thats me!"

Seems like INFJ talents aren't the best for making a living out of.

ShaiGar said:
HenRick said:
I feel a duty to fix them when I grow up.
It IS your duty.
Thanks for the encouragement that made me feel better :D .

Stone said:
entyqua said:
Vivi16 said:

I can completely relate to both of you, I'm fairly well qualified in Marketing but the more that I have learnt about it the more I dislike the whole field. I decided to study marketing as I liked the creative side of things but never really considered the whole "ripping peoples hearts out and selling it back to them" part of it. As you can imagine I have huge feelings of regret and self doubt in regards to this, I try hard to supress these as they do effect people close to me if I let them out. I've always struggled with direction in my life, I think it's because I'm moderately good at most things I try, so nothing stands out as "wow I'm great at that, thats me!"

Seems like INFJ talents aren't the best for making a living out of.
I have a long time to think about anything career wise.
I would like to be a senator or something of political importance.
Make a change.
It might be a little it out of my reach but maybe if stretch a little more...
If nothing works out I will probably try to become a researcher.

ALL THE TIME! I think I have ADHD. It's so chaotic. I just want to sleep at night, and if I get woken up I think for hours again before I can sleep. There is times where I hyper focus, and there is times where I can't focus at all. It's either or, but when I looked up what it means to be "gifted"
they all exhibit what is considered to be a gifted ADHD suffer. I just can't stop asking questions. I must know the answer to everything! It's a constant quest for wisdom.

SoraKage said:
ALL THE TIME! I think I have ADHD. It's so chaotic. I just want to sleep at night, and if I get woken up I think for hours again before I can sleep. There is times where I hyper focus, and there is times where I can't focus at all. It's either or, but when I looked up what it means to be "gifted"
they all exhibit what is considered to be a gifted ADHD suffer. I just can't stop asking questions. I must know the answer to everything! It's a constant quest for wisdom.
I use to be like that.
I must of dumbed down :cry: .
I just think to sleep
Maybe when school starts I will be super thinker again! :ugeek:

I just realized how much fun summer really is!

HenRick said:
Vivi16 said:

I saw this one show on Oprah about the Dog mills which are were dogs from the petstore come from.
The report showed how they but the dogs in cages were they have the soul purpose of reproducing.
They female dogs reproduced so much that their breasts were swollen from over use.
It also said 99% percent (I consider this to be almost all of the stores) of the pet stores
get their dogs from Dog mills.

This is all based on Opraha maybe some dog mills are human but I'm not going to take any risks
so I would never by a dog from a pet store. (or receive a dog from someone who will later buy
from a pet store).

My dad is searching for a dog I hope he buys one in Brazil because I've seen a dog mill in
brazil and it more of a small family run bussiness. They might also have inhumane dog mills
in brazil to.

My policy is if you buy it you are supporting the producer.

This is acording to Oprah

As an animal advocate, I feel a strong need to address your post.

Let me just say that all of this that you saw on Oprah was NOT just according to her. Puppy mills have been in existence for many, many years and it's a type of
"black market" that has been brushed under the rug because man runs this earth and for so many years, it has been believed (and still is by sick-minded individuals) that people should be able to do whatever they want with animals.

Puppy mills exist in other countries as well. Don't think that just because your dad would possibly go to Brazil to buy a puppy, that it wouldn't be coming from as horrible of conditions as the puppy mills that were featured on Oprah. If you didn't notice, it wasn't just "according" to Oprah because they had hidden cameras on the reporter (Lisa Ling) who went into the puppy mills herself. These inhumane places are everywhere in the US. Don't even get me started on how other countries treat animals...that's an entirely different post.

Yes, if you buy a puppy from a petstore that gets their puppies from puppy mills, you are ultimately supporting them. Another problem with pet stores is that they are in it for the money and not making sure that the puppy being sold is going to a home that will take care of him, provide for him, and be overall responsible pet owners.

Why would your dad go to Brazil to get a puppy? There are plenty of rescue groups in the US, millions of shelters and humane societies. I don't think you watched the full episode that Oprah ran because if you did, you would know that there are many rescues, shelters, and humane societies with great dogs and puppies waiting for a loving home. You could find any kind of dog there. This is something I am very passionate about.

I cried partly out of relief when Oprah aired that episode. It was long overdue. I so wanted the public to finally be informed about this issue. I just wish more people would take a stand.