Doctor Who . . . ;D

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Season 6 coming up . . .

Any predictions, possible spoilers?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vIsQ25Krq8"]YouTube - Doctor Who - Full Length Trailer for New Series 2011 - BBC One[/ame]

FYI - this season was shot in Utah . . .

I read today that Catherine Tate is in the running to be the new Michael Scott.

One of the episodes has been written by Neil Gaiman.

Edit: I look forward to telling you all about them a week before you US folks get 'em. :p

Reactions: Gaze
Edit: I look forward to telling you all about them a week before you US folks get 'em. :p

It's called the Internet :p If we play our cards right, we'll see the episode an hour before it broadcasts in the UK.

That being said *steps close to the thread exit* I've seen three episodes of the show, don't get it, and am quite all right with that! :m040:

two hours to season premiere! :m200:

Wow thanks so much for the reminder Res...I have enough time to DVR it.

Reactions: Gaze

That's not happening anymore cuz...we get the same premiere date as you guys. Because us pesky impatient Americans kept downloading episodes instead of waiting.....

Jaw just dropped. I'm not aloneeeeeeeee! Can't wait for Saturday. I wanna know how Moffat's gonna work this all out.

I'm not gonna say anything spoilery yet, though.

I'm not the only one!!!!!

Pm me for my theories/to share yours.

That's not happening anymore cuz...we get the same premiere date as you guys. Because us pesky impatient Americans kept downloading episodes instead of waiting.....

Actually it's because this season is a joint BBC Wales and BBC America production.

Yeah, this season started of vewwy interesting

I really love this show!

I'd say more but I don't want to ruin the first episode for anyone who hasn't seen it yet...is there a way to use spoiler tags?

Just who is the lady with the eyepatch?

I predict it will suck because the new doctor sux, and so did the previous season (because of said sucky doctor).

I love it (and how can you predict something sucks if you haven't seen it, eh? :p).

I do like the new doctor, but then all the new doctors have to grow on me. I've learned not to have a favorite, because they'll always change and give something new to the role.

I predict it will suck because the new doctor sux, and so did the previous season (because of said sucky doctor).

You are just wrong.
New doctor is awesome.

:p

I wonder if Rory keeps dying because the universe thinks he should be dead. That would explain Amy's ambiguous pregnancy. I know there are holes in this but I would like to explore this a bit. :p

I wonder if there's a genetic obligation to watch at least one episode of this show. I still haven't seen one, but then again, I don't watch TV anymore.

However, several Australian video game reviewers seem to claim that liking the show is a sign of illness... just saying.

*makes mental note of all the Who Geeks*
Ick. Thats all I'm gonna say.

so, I feel this thread should be revived for mid-series theories, now that they should be plentiful and entertaining. I have one theory, mainly to do with the Silence, but is kind of a guess at the arc story. So, the Doctor rebooted the universe. The whole universe. Well, even though its sealed off, the Time War and the society of Time Lord are part of the universe, and so all of that was rebooted as well. In the End of Time, there was a very important line about the Time War; "You weren’t there in the final days of the war. You never saw what was born. But if the Time Lock’s broken then everything’s coming through, not just the Daleks, but the Star of Degradations, the Horde of Travesties, the Nightmare child, the Could-Have-Been-King with his Army of Meanwhiles and Never Weres – the war turning to Hell!" The last bit of that quote sound very much like the Silence-esque deal. SO, I feel it makes sense that the Silence are leak through from the time war, probably drawn out by the same person/people who cause the TARDIS to crash and cause the reboot. Also, a bit from classic who: The creators of TARDISes were Rassilion and Omega. At some point (I'm not very fluent in this bit, as I haven't watched all of classic who) There was a super nova (or bloack hole collapse, or something like it) and Omega was caught on the wrong side, and was thrown into into pocket universe. SO, the Universe got rebooted, whoch mean the series of events that led up to Omega's universe happened again, but the original pocket universe would not have been touched, which would result in all variety of Timey-wimey fun stuff for Moffat to play with. Also note that the symbol for the New Church, as seen in the Time of Angels/FLesh and Stone and in A Good Man Goes to War is an Omega. Thats my theory. Y'all?