Do you think happiness is possible? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Do you think happiness is possible?

I think it’s easy to forget that being an INFJ allows us to avoid many routes to unhappiness which other types are more prone to. Our detachment and big picture thinking does have some benefits besides the obvious ones of being creative and visionary, but it also has its own problems.

Reactions: Elder, Asa and aeon

Interesting video. I agree with at least 50% although it's a bit too doomsday-ish.

What I am doing too keep relatively happy:

- I choose not to participate in the fiat system. I don't buy useless things and don't save at the bank. I convert all of my free cash flows into Bitcoin which I think is an ethical thing to do, and am at the same time securing my personal future. It gives me hope. Reaching daily goals/intentions also feels good, even if they are small (like not eating sugar, going on a 30 min walk, cook a nice meal etc.)

- Eat well, sleep well, exercise, journal, meditate. I think human mind needs meditation and focus. Focus is the most important. I start each day by listing my intentions for the day, week, month, year. Intentions wire my brain in the right way.

- Don't compare with others/do an internet detox. Sometimes it's good to live locally. Go on walks without phone, books or podcasts. Just me an nature.

- Learn/explore things that interest you just for the sake of it. Life is full of wonders.

- Keeping up with the relationships in my life.

Interesting video. I agree with at least 50% although it's a bit too doomsday-ish.

What I am doing too keep relatively happy:

- I choose not to participate in the fiat system. I don't buy useless things and don't save at the bank. I convert all of my free cash flows into Bitcoin which I think is an ethical thing to do, and am at the same time securing my personal future. It gives me hope. Reaching daily goals/intentions also feels good, even if they are small (like not eating sugar, going on a 30 min walk, cook a nice meal etc.)

- Eat well, sleep well, exercise, journal, meditate. I think human mind needs meditation and focus. Focus is the most important. I start each day by listing my intentions for the day, week, month, year. Intentions wire my brain in the right way.

- Don't compare with others/do an internet detox. Sometimes it's good to live locally. Go on walks without phone, books or podcasts. Just me an nature.

- Learn/explore things that interest you just for the sake of it. Life is full of wonders.

- Keeping up with the relationships in my life.
Yes it’s not perfect, but it covers a hell of a lot, and gets a lot right. In particular, the assumption at the end that individuals can change the societies is naive and hugely over simplistic.

Reactions: aeon and Jexocuha
I liked how this video shows the power of creativity. How when you are unhappy with the conditions of the world around you, using creative energy to turn the funk into something meaningful can be fulfilling.

What I may suggest further though, is that this can only go so far, and that maybe some other questions can be asked to address the feelings of unfulfillment. For example, when I was watching this, the part where the narrator compared the life of a "Joe Schmo" to billionaires sending rockets off to space, prompts a person to ask "why am I sitting here on the internet reading about billionaires and I'm working a dead-end job?" That's not a very productive question. Maybe ask, "what is causing this computer to feed me these websites that allow me to read or watch videos about billionaires?" "How does it work?" "What protocols(like eBGP) are running this data feed from one side of the world to my eyeballs?" "Where did this technology come from?" "Where is it going?"

Just a thought. Being creative, for sure is one thing; but I'm asking myself too, can I be more creative with the questions and thoughts I'm asking myself?

Yes, have you ever as an INFJ had that realisation that your lack of Te and Ne has meant you have missed some ‘obvious’ solutions to a problem. We can be guilty of tunnel vision with our thinking. It might explain why I am hopeless at murder mysteries (and also hate watching them).

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
Yes, have you ever as an INFJ had that realisation that your lack of Te and Ne has meant you have missed some ‘obvious’ solutions to a problem.
I have missed "obvious" solutions to a problem, many times for sure. I have to tackle problems everyday, too, lol. But I've never attributed those to "lack of Te and Ne"; most of the time it's because I'm super focused on trying to get to the end of the problem or because I lack "practice". I'm a firm believer in "practice makes perfect".